And so it begins: E-Cigarette Commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
:facepalm: I'm sure I'm not the first person to see this... A commercial for the "Smoke Assist" just came aired on my TV. I'm not to happy that the "free trials" are at the forefront on this. I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. I just wish it had been a commercial for an eGo or something. Has anybody else seen commercials for e-cigarettes yet? Is it just the "free trial" scammers at this point?

bs.jpg

Oh well. I guess I will try the smoke assist out. After all, its free!!!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just kidding!

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
If ECF wanted commercials they have the dough but it would make them look like they needed it. Word of mouth is the best advertisement there is.
Here is an excerpt from a site I checked: e-cigarette-forum.com is most populer in UNITED STATES. Estimeted worth of e-cigarette-forum.com is USD 105842.7 according to websiteoutlook

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I too get channel 19. Only time it's on our TV is when wife turns the TV on in the morning, to wake me up. I'll watch for it, I'm sure they'll have the commercial on again.
If Billy Mays was still alive, he might be hawkin' one.

Oh, I think I just peed a little! :lol:

HI! BILLY MAYS HERE WITH THE EGO!

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Smoke assist and smoke assassin have been hitting the airwaves of Cincinnati pretty hard for a while. Before I started vaping I remember thinking WTF is this all about. I was just weirded out by the TV commercial... I was sitting there in my bathrobe, puffing on the RoughStack and all the sudden I'm watching these crazy people vaping on TV.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
If ECF wanted commercials they have the dough but it would make them look like they needed it. Word of mouth is the best advertisement there is.
Here is an excerpt from a site I checked: e-cigarette-forum.com is most populer in UNITED STATES. Estimeted worth of e-cigarette-forum.com is USD 105842.7 according to websiteoutlook
Apparently, you haven't checked out the cost of network TV advertising.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Not lately but I can rest assured you will enlighten me on the subject.
My point was if they wanted to they could but as the number one place now why would they need to? Word of mouth is better advertising.

Word of mouth is definitely better advertising! ECF gets just as much traffic as those places too. I'd still prefer to see what kind of commercials we could come up with on television rather than theirs! :laugh:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Word of mouth is better advertising.
Word of mouth is definitely better advertising!
Not only that, but word of mouth is better advertising! :)

I honestly think the biggest draw to ECF is those crummy el-cheapo PVs. When people are dissatisfied with them, but still resolute that they want to make it work ... they head to Google. And, BAM! There's ECF, easy to find. That route is how I got here. Word of mouth is good, but lots of us find it through Google and an inquiring mind.
LOL, nobody told me about ECF.

But, as soon as I walked in the door, a friendly crowd greeted me and told me to RUN, don't WALK from the Free Trial I had just purchased. Whewww!

Unfortunately, it's impossible to know how many people don't bother to pursue a better solution. :(

Last edited:

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I agree on the word of mouth. When I started vaping I was mocked and ridiculed. Now that I have been smoke-free for a couple of months, I am getting all manner of calls, texts, Facebook messages etc. from smokers begging for more information about it. I try to direct them all here. I guess I need some of those ECF business cards...

King_Calculon

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
Not only that, but word of mouth is better advertising! :)

I honestly think the biggest draw to ECF is those crummy el-cheapo PVs. When people are dissatisfied with them, but still resolute that they want to make it work ... they head to Google. And, BAM! There's ECF, easy to find. That route is how I got here. Word of mouth is good, but lots of us find it through Google and an inquiring mind.
LOL, nobody told me about ECF.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to know how many people don't bother to pursue a better solution. :(

It's actually pretty hard to find this place on your own... If you are a fool like me. I kept finding all these so-called review sites that were really just advertisements for overpriced PV's. It wasn't until I started screwing around and trying to modify cartomizers for the greensmoke that I accidentally found ECF. I was very confused at first. I thought it was the best thing out there and ECF had such bad things to say about it! Then I started reading...

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
I agree on the word of mouth. When I started vaping I was mocked and ridiculed. Now that I have been smoke-free for a couple of months, I am getting all manner of calls, texts, Facebook messages etc. from smokers begging for more information about it. I try to direct them all here. I guess I need some of those ECF business cards...

Yeah, me too on the cards. I feel guilty for not getting cards every time I make a purchase. After Christmas, definitely!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread