Annoyed with USPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Have 120ml of juice coming from five pawns. Tracking shows it arrived in town this morning and a couple hours later it got listed as an undeliverable address and it's being sent back. Talked to five pawns and they have my address correct. Get to add a week to my delivery time (at least). Almost half the packages I get through USPS get messed up. Hate using them.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
I live on a rural route. I know my mail lady personally, and I also have the postmaster on speed dial.

They are nice people, but good lord, the service they provide is shockingly bad.

I've resorted to getting my mail at a family members house in a town 50 miles away because I am fed up with them misdelivering or failing to deliver my packages. They seem to deliver the bills without error though :facepalm:

I feel your pain OP, depending on your circumstance, you might want to pay the local PO a visit and have a word with the postmaster. Not sure it'll help much but...

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I get all of my USPS packages delivered to my PO box. Never had an issue...

Me, too.

I am also on a book and dvd swap....mailed out and received 600 over 4 years......2 went lost. 0.003 incidence in other words.

For delivering over a billion pieces of mail per year, I'd love to see somebody else do a better job and for this cheap!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
OMG! Is this my thread! Me actually receiving a package has become a standing joke around here! I'm telling you I have a problem almost as often as I don't! I could go on and on. But in short, I now pay for priority for any item over $20.00. I learned the hard way, do not have delivered un insured what you can't afford to loose! And I have to add, USPS workers are RUDE! For the most part anyway. I'm sure their are perfectly nice people who work for USPS, but when I've had a problem, and I've had many! When I have to call, let's just say, God help you! Because they won't. :evil:
I almost forgot this! Just this week, I recived a refund from Fasttech for a package I was tracking that fell off the earth! Last I saw it went to Mississippi on it's way to Pennsylvania from New York! Fasttech refunded my purchase price, but USPS got their money for loosing it!

Last edited:

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
I've never been impressed with the USPS...I've had numerous packages that have either never been delivered, have been mis-delivered, or have shown up looking like they played kickball with it before dropping it in my box....the latest example of USPS incompetence was one I got was from a Fast Tech order that I received yesterday....it shipped from China where it eventually sat in Chicago customs for a few days....once released, it was sent to Hazelwood Missouri which was several hundred miles in exactly the wrong direction from my location near Saginaw Michigan....it sat there for 6 days. Then, it was sent to Allen Park Michigan where it sat for a couple days....it was then sent for who knows what reason to Southfield Michigan where they put it out for delivery after 3 more days....that evening, they realized it was being delivered to the wrong address in the wrong city and it went back to the post office location in Southfield where it sat for a couple more days before being sent back to Allen Park to sit for a couple more days before being sent to the Saginaw Post Office. It was finally delivered yesterday. This kind of thing happens quite a bit in my experience...complaining to the USPS on anything has little to no effect....they dont seem to be accountable to anyone...

Spike64

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Michigan
Me, too.

I am also on a book and dvd swap....mailed out and received 600 over 4 years......2 went lost. 0.003 incidence in other words.

For delivering over a billion pieces of mail per year, I'd love to see somebody else do a better job and for this cheap!

I'd just like to see them do a better job period...my batting average with the USPS is significantly worse...

Last edited:

Blind Squirrel

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
In the past two years I've had:

$1200 in computer parts unsigned for and left in front of a neighbor's door, not even the right building.
$350 custom knife disappear after it went on the truck for delivery. Never found.
$125 RDA crushed in it's package... labeled fragile.
And now $110 in e-liquid sent back because they couldn't figure out my address (labeled correctly).

This is out of the less than 10 times I've had to use the USPS to deliver packages to me. Ridiculous. The only thing they seem to be able to get to me consistently is advertisements and my ex-wife's mail (she's never lived at this address and I filed a notice about it).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread