Another caravela mod clone question: doesn't fire when screw is tightened

Status
Not open for further replies.

E.R.S.

May 19, 2015
Hi folks,

I have a caravela mod clone. It does have the insulator thing, so luckily I don't have a problem with it firing when I don't want to...

However, when I tighten the screw completely (the one that contacts the " - " end of the battery), the screw does not reach far enough to contact the battery.

I solve this by loosening the screw slightly. The only problem with this is that when I lock and unlock the reverse-threaded thing, the screw will progressively become looser until the whole things pops off, spring and all. I almost lost the spring twice on the street.

This is OK when I'm at home, because I can just be careful with it. However, it's annoying when I'm out and don't want to be fussing with it.

One thought I had- perhaps I can find an o-ring or washer that I can put around the screw? It would need to be quite small, so that it doesn't actually make the screw contact the battery when not pushed. Has anyone done anything like this or heard of it being done?

Thanks so much!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hi folks,

I have a caravela mod clone. It does have the insulator thing, so luckily I don't have a problem with it firing when I don't want to...

One thought I had- perhaps I can find an o-ring or washer that I can put around the screw? It would need to be quite small, so that it doesn't actually make the screw contact the battery when not pushed. Has anyone done anything like this or heard of it being done?

Thanks so much!
Yes I have. A small washer to extend the negative contact closer to the battery, or lowering the switch housing shoulder (metal or plastic) to bring the battery closer to the negative contact. The latter will of course require a bit of adjustment to the 510 pin/positive contact screw set.

If you can't find a thin enough, ready-made washer, you can fairly easily make them from thin aluminum or copper sheet / strips.

E.R.S.

May 19, 2015
Yes I have. A small washer to extend the negative contact closer to the battery, or lowering the switch housing shoulder (metal or plastic) to bring the battery closer to the negative contact. The latter will of course require a bit of adjustment to the 510 pin/positive contact screw set.

If you can't find a thin enough, ready-made washer, you can fairly easily make them from thin aluminum or copper sheet / strips.

thanks so much. any materials to avoid for a washer?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
thanks so much. any materials to avoid for a washer?
Well, although you get conductivity through the threads, having a conductive washer as well (increased cross section), certainly wouldn't hurt voltage drop... although it's a bit less important at above deep sub-ohm resistances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread