Status
Not open for further replies.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
I have all but finished this mod and wanted to post it here and to clear the air a bit.
There has been some problem with this.

As some of you may or may no know This was one of Kenom's laser host tubes.
Kenom had a thread going where he came in and ask the modders about how to put a VV chip in it. When I (And Others) saw it we begged him into selling one or two. I didn't think that it was any different than what is being done in the co-op threads with the Genisis type mod kits and would have been OK.

I seem to be the first to order one. He posted some pics in his thread of the color possibilities. When he posted the pic of the one he was going to send me, well I saw that I would have rather just had a bone stock top cap. So he agreed, and then in his original thread he offered to sell the one he was going to send to me to anyone else that wanted it. At some point, and with the way he worded things the moderators felt that he was trying to sell mods with out registering as a supplier. The thread was moved to here http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ds/190543-18650-modders-host.html#post3274473
And the original thread was deleted. I feel that me changing what I wanted has led to a big problem for him. And I am very sorry for that. I also feel that he didn't come here to sell mods but because we begged him to sell the tube to us he didn't do anything wrong. The moderators have decided and that is that,,, They do a fine job here. And if that's the way they see it, then that's that.

Anyway, Here is what I have done with the tube. It has an 18650 battery and a TI 04050 VV chip fixed to 4.5 volts output. I also Didn't put any caps on the chip. it is .... naked. And working great that way. Battery life is about the same as with the caps.

Gummy Bear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
orlando fl
agummybear.deviantart.com
I don't know that he got the boot or what???????????? to bad he is a cool guy. I will email him and find out what happened.
The bottom clicky button takes up a lot of space at the bottom, The battery part is perfect because it was made for 18650s. Above the battery is 30mm and is very full of switch and TI chip. I didn't have room for the caps so I will be testing if they are really needed. So far so good and I think it looks as good as any mod out there.

VPJUNKIE510

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
That looks great I almost bought a tube when he put it yo forsale in the classifieds ... but I have to many projects right now.
So I am point to buy myself one new mod next couple of months I have been trying to find the hybrid mini I keep hearing about or might try to find a genisis atty but also don't know where all the good toys are . But that right there gummy is awesome

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
Well Gummy, the 18650 should be fine without the caps.
Why is that? You made a big deal about the caps and how vape times were greatly increased.:confused:

@ Gummy

You've seen Tinear's work, still too much?

tinear_TI_boost_small.JPG

I think at least an input to keep the booster from pounding at the battery.

breaktru

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Why is that? You made a big deal about the caps and how vape times were greatly increased.:confused:

@ Gummy

You've seen Tinear's work, still too much?

tinear_TI_boost_small.JPG

I think at least an input to keep the booster from pounding at the battery.

Yes WillyB, that was the 14500 bat. Haven't done extensive testing with the 18650.
But if it's possible, I would opt for the caps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread