Another Menthol Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Newz Blare

May 11, 2009
Bay Area
Im gonna receive my package i ordered from JuicyLiquid.com I ordered 2 30ML of unflavored 36mg and menthol crystals. Before i get into chemist mode, i thought id ask a few question before I end up with 2 ounces of liquid garbage.
I see all these post saying "just one crystal" or "a piece of a crystal" and what have you... but that sounds kinda sketch to me. These crystals come in various sizes and I need a more accurate way of knowing.

Can anybody give me a weight in grams?

for a 5 ml batch would 0.1 grams be enough or too little?

and would vaping menthol with unflavored juice taste good or should i have grabbed a tobbaco flavor?

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
If you don't mind, I would like to pose my own question. Menthol crystals are not directly dissolvable in PG or VG...how does one get them to stay dissolved and mix with the pg/vg. Can I just dissolve a bit in some vodka, and then add the vodka to the pg/vg? I have been interested in menthol too, but concerned about how to get it to stay mixed and not hurt an atomizer. I know one person had it gum up on her...

Nulli

ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Ohio
I dissolved a small crystal in some unflavored zero nic PG (about 10ml). I then added a drop of it at a time to a 15ml botle of unflavored 36mg PG until I had the right amount of menthol flavoring I desired.

I used the menthol crystals from Juicyliquid.com (love their service and prices!)

I also add about 5ml of tobacco juice to my final mix, straight menthol is not bad if you're use to it.

Nulli

Last edited:

lorraineg57

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2009
Outside Pgh, PA
I dissolved a small crystal in some unflavored zero nic PG (about 10ml). I then added a drop of it at a time to a 15ml botle of unflavored 36mg PG until I had the right amount of menthol flavoring I desired.

I used the menthol crystals from Juicyliquid.com (love their service and prices!)

I also add about 5ml of tobacco juice to my final mix, straight menthol is not bad if you're use to it.

Nulli

Juicyliquid also has liquid menthol drops. I did the same thing you did though, dissolved it in PG. It does recrystalize though, I have to keep putting the container into hot water to liquify it.

I just mix a drop in with my cut 555, sometimes I add a few drops of Creme De Menthe too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread