Not open for further replies.

BlackBag

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hi people,

I've been lurking around these forums for a couple months now and finally decided it is time to join in the conversations. I've smoked for 50 years and have tried to quit many, many times. I was successful a few times for around a year or more and successful once for over 5 years. However, I always wanted, craved a smoke.

Anyway, I've jumped into this vaping thing with both feet! My first ecig was a Crown Seven full flavor but that really didn't work very well for me. Size was nice but the vapor and throat hit seemed lacking. In addition, I still wanted analogs. That's when I started doing some research and decided I wanted to try a "mod" which I thought would provide more flexibility. However, each mod I decided to buy seemed to be totally unavailable, such as the GG, the Caravela and others. In addition, I wanted a good genesis style rebuildable atty (RBA) which also seemed beyond my grasp.

I finally decided on the provari with a z atty pro. Again, no luck since provape was out of the z atty pro. Therefore, I decided to just buy the provari and wait for the z atty pro to come available. In the mean time I just used a 510 regular atomizer and drip tip (I didn't understand the difference in the reg or LR 510 atomizer). This worked fairly well with my selection of juices but was kind of a pain to take to work and kept drifting back to analogs.

Finally, I searched most of the night one evening and found a couple other RBAs that seemed to have good reviews and bought them. One is the Bliss (which I love) and the other is a 5 ml cobra. The corbra seems just too big and the throat hit is way too powerful for me using the juices I currently have which are provape 80%PG/20%VG 25mg tobacco bold.

I erroneously thought I wanted a tobacco blend so that the vaping experience was more like smoking. Maybe a common noobie mistake but since I know analogs taste like an ashtray, I kick myself for buying several bottles of this blend/flavor.

It does make it a little easier to try out different combinations of battery mods, atomizers, tanks, RBAs etc since the different experiences must be attributable to the mod/atomizer combos rather than the juice.

In my never ending quest to try different hardware combinations I've since bought an EA battery mod (I use it the most now) with an aga RBA and my most recent purchase is a Metal Madness Temon full set. In addition, Provape finally has the z atty pro in stock so I bought one of those.

While all these purchases may seem a little excessive (or a lot excessive) it seems to be that there is a ready market for the items I've purchased if I decide to sell them. Therefore, this is mostly a deep dive into figuring out what combination is going to work for me. So far I learned the following:
  1. The provari is great and I need the ohm meter functions when building the RBA coils for the genesis style RBAs I've purchased
  2. I love the size and function of the MM Temon best so far but I do need to change the battery at work (using the smallest battery)
  3. The EA mechanical mod is really nice and with the bliss attached it may be hard to beat. Need to figure out the juice for it.
  4. The AGA RBA is far more economical than the bliss, Cobra or Zatty and seems to work just as well. However, the build is not quite as nice if one is very concerned with aesthetics.
  5. Building the wick and coil for a genesis style RBA is very simple. Lots of utube videos of how to do them.
  6. I tried a tank system form Provape that was just a leaking mess as I flooded the carto and just really didn't know how to use a tank system yet (still don't really). This was a very inexpensive tank also..
  7. I love the hit and flavor when just dripping into my 510 atty with either the EA mod or the Provari. However, it is not convenient for work.
While I've learned quite a bit about vaping in the past 4 months I think that I've just barely touched on the various options/flexibility and different vaping experiences. I think I want to try a 100% PG juice of around 12mg or 18mg and compare that to 100% VG juice of the same nic strength. Then maybe a 50/50 blend.

I would love to hear recommendations for different flavors/brands of juice made in the US not China or perhaps the UK since I think our safety/quality may be better or at least more stringent than the Chinese equivalents at the moment.

BB

T41CK

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2011
Taylors Falls, Minnesota
Nope you pretty much have the gist of it all...

I was just explaining this in an earlier thread that everyone has different taste buds that signal information to the brain and from their your brain comes up with its own analysis.

Note that if you are going to trying out juices in the zen or cobra... Just use a 510 joytech atty and get numerous ejuices from different suppliers.
If I were you I would stick to the sample packs for now

Last edited:

cobraf

Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Israel
I believe that the issue with the Bliss can be solved easily by using a lower Nic level juice.

Genesis atomizers when properly setup are a great vape, and deliver nicotine better then other things, that is why you are experiencing the harsh throat hits.

Maybe get some lower Nic juices and some fruity flavors (i personally like those)

Other then that you can always go with something simple to go to work like a Vivi nova tank,which does not leak, although you sacrifice some taste with these compared to the genesis they are still a great vape, easily filled and maintained, they can also be rebuilt fairly easily.

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
Ditch the provari. You need to learn how to measure your resistance with a multimter. Use your EA with an 18650 aw imr and build a low resistance coil on that Bliss using twisted 32 guage Kanthal. Get your resistance around 0.9 ohms. Make sure you have no shorts or hot spots. Get your wicking on do not forget to tip frequently to keep that hot coil moist. Enjoy the best vape of your life. You are welcome.

BlackBag

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Nurzrachit,

Well, I do have a multimeter (a few of them actually) since I've done electronics for years. However, I never even thought that the Provari might not be accurate. I'll give my multimeters a shot and see what the difference is. I just used the provari because it is with my ecig stuff and was convenient.

I have 32g Kanthal wire but I'm not sure what you mean by "twisted". Should I twist it myself? If so how much? Kind of loose, tight or very tight?

I did notice last night that the small (very small) length of wire between my wick and the positive/center post on the bliss was turning red or in my mind was a hot spot. Not quite sure how to eliminate a hot spot between the wick and the positive post. Any ideas or should I not worry about it?

Thanks for your points and advise
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread