Status
Not open for further replies.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
Do you have some measurements for the hex? I'm fine with carrying around an allen key. I did it for a while, while I was addicted to my Zenesis devices. (anyone wanna buy some Zenesis stuff? Lol)

And... NEVER THAT!!! I have four more Reos with nice WORKING springs. :D

I like to know those measurement also. Annnnnd where to get a decent allen key for the hex screws and what size key. The ones that come with most attys are crap.

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
How will this prevent the screws from loosening up?

(Am I sounding crazy? Lol)

I do it so that it doesn't cut the wire off inside the post. And it seems that you can tighten them down a little better without worrying about cutting the wire. But some of them still get loose. I don't know what the solution to loose screws (phillips heads) but my hex screws never get loose.

el_lou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
I do it so that it doesn't cut the wire off inside the post. And it seems that you can tighten them down a little better without worrying about cutting the wire. But some of them still get loose. I don't know what the solution to loose screws (phillips heads) but my hex screws never get loose.

Well, I went ahead and rounded those screws. Still not sure If I wanna use them. :/

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
I believe the screws were M2X5. I will swing by Fastenal tomorrow and get the exact measurements on both and post them for you.

Looking back at an old order for some p head screws, they were M2. The hex screws that came with my cyclone measure 4mm long. So I'm thinking M2X4. Thanks for checking the measurements, Marc.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
No problem treebeard, the shop is right around the corner from work so I'll drop in at lunch and have them print my invoice.

el_lou, let me know if you need some, drop me a PM with your address and I'll throw a stamp on an envelope. I had to by 8 wrenches (min qty) but they were a couple bucks so I can spare one.

Last edited:

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
All I can tell you is the screws that came in mine were somewhat flat looking, but after seeing them under a magnifying glass they had a sharp edge all the way around. After cutting through a few coils and them loosening up on me I decided to flatten them off. Like I said, I haven't cut through any wire since and they haven't come loose as yet. Been about 3 weeks now. I think the loosening part was because I was afraid to tighten them too tight for fear of cutting through the wire and they just worked their way loose after heating and cooling through the day, but I had to check them every day to make sure they were tight, (and they usually weren't),.... I was just throwing this out as a possible solution to your problem. This isn't the only atty I have ground the screws down on. I have a few others as well and no problems since either.

el_lou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
I had a issue where my screw would touch the center one.

This actually makes some sense. The screws are so close together, that if they do come loose, the possibility of them touching is very high. That would obviously cause a short, right?

Hypothetically speaking, what would a meter clock at if tow screws are touching?

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I had my rep e-mail me the information so I could post it early

The current screws less the pan head are 3.8mm long, the thread pitch is .45

I was wrong about the size so here is the corrected information.

M2.5-0.45 x 5mm DIN 916 A2 18-8 S/S Socket Set Screw
M2.5-0.45 x 4mm DIN 916 A2 18-8 S/S Socket Set Screw
1.3mm Hex Drive Short Arm Standard L Hex Key

I order both the 4mm & 5 MM length just because I wanted to have them in the house. They are real cheap!

el_lou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Miami, FL, USA
I had my rep e-mail me the information so I could post it early

The current screws less the pan head are 3.8mm long, the thread pitch is .45

I was wrong about the size so here is the corrected information.

M2.5-0.45 x 5mm DIN 916 A2 18-8 S/S Socket Set Screw
M2.5-0.45 x 4mm DIN 916 A2 18-8 S/S Socket Set Screw
1.3mm Hex Drive Short Arm Standard L Hex Key

I order both the 4mm & 5 MM length just because I wanted to have them in the house. They are real cheap!

This is obviously just for the Atomic, correct?

Anywhere online that you know of that we can purchase? A quick Google search resulted in packs of 1000. While I like to be sure I always have replacements, this may be a little bit too much. :)

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
This is obviously just for the Atomic, correct?

Anywhere online that you know of that we can purchase? A quick Google search resulted in packs of 1000. While I like to be sure I always have replacements, this may be a little bit too much. :)

Fastenal has them or can get them in a couple days but you are covered lou. You do have one real close to your place for the future needs and they can get the smallest craziest parts.

Store Locator | Fastenal

I haven't checked to see what other drippers they will fit into but it might me worth trying on a couple more drippers. I use a 3mm on the Magma I picked up from them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread