• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Another Perth Vaperererer

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorGordon

Jul 26, 2011
Perth
Hi Guys,

Just did my 5 posts so I thought I would say hello here.

Been 24 days analogue free after 25 odd years and seriously don't feel like going back. I got a Health e cigarette basic kit, don't know if they are supposed to be any good but it has worked very well for me. Some research shows is has a 306 atomizer.

I had a few teething problems, I found the prefilled carts to be total crap, I just drip with the juice.

The atto started to taste burnt in the last couple of days, had a look for a solution and cleaned and debridged the atto and all is good again. The juice itself is not the best I am sure but it is OK until I try better quality stuff.

I will experiment over time but I really am enjoying the experience and like I said analogues are a thing of the past. I must say the sizzle from the atto is hypnotic too, it's an extra experience not found in analogues.

Cheers.

clark8876

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Perth, Australia
Hi I am from Perth also.....clark8876 in relation to taking over this town...I agree.

TrevorGordon if you ever need anything at super short notice, be sure to let me know.

Hi Hack, didn't realise you were Perth based, I think we'll be doing some business. Thanks for the heads-up Light.

Hackcessor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Australia
www.vapebar.com.au
Hi Trevor,

The best match would be the Joye 510 as it is more like the size and style of an analog cigarette.

There are a few options when it comes to the Joye 510

- Standard Joye 510
- Joye Mega 510
- Joye 510-T

The standard 510 comes with, I think 180mAh batteries. The mega is a step up in battery size to a 280mAh and the 510-T is a tank model.

The batteries are all interchangeable.

Best option if wanting to try the 510 would be to get a kit and then a few spares of the different types of 510 gear to suit.

i.e Buy a 510 Standard Kit (2 x batts, 2 x atomisers, 5x cartridges, charger in a box)

add on

- Spare Mega battery (larger capacity, ensures positive charging routine)
- 510-T atomiser & tanks

This will give you a chance to try out the two systems (tank or cartridge), give you the flexibility with more battery life (if required) and even let you try, say 2 x Automatic batteries to start with and the 3rd a manual.

The idea is to expose yourself to compatible hardware for a minimum additional cost so that you can nail exactly what it is that you like or prefer.

Feel free to send me an email vapebar@hotmail.com.au if you need me to clarify anything as I have sort of just dumped it all down here.

--H

Dragonenvy

Jun 6, 2011
Australia
Hey Trevor,

I too wanted something that was more 'cigarette' like when I started out but went with an eGo-T kit initially. I loved my eGo but still wanted something a bit more 'cigarette' like for when i'm out and about. I got a Joye 510 and I use it mainly when i'm at a party or out with firends.....it's great. I got a black manual kit (push button) but i'm really wanting to get an automatic 510-T (it's got a tank that lasts much longer than a cartridge) in stainless (or maybe pink if i'm feeling adventurous,lol)

I definitely agree that getting an extra 'mega' battery is a great idea cause it's never nice when you've used up the charge in your 180mAH's and have nothing to fall back on. I haven't tried the automatic batteries yet but can tell you that 'pushing a button' is really not all that hard...like anything you get used to it and it becomes second nature.

Anyways, sorry if i'm blabbing too much but i hope it helps :)

Dragonenvy

clark8876

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Perth, Australia
Trevor, had a look at the website and sorry don't know what it would be.

I agree with Hack & Dragon re the 510, but if you can do it buy 2 starter kits, that way you'll have back up batteries, chargers and carts/cartos.

Once you have your basic kit, you can safely venture into other compatible gear like the eGo/Riva etc.

BTW: I started with eGo/Riva gear and have still use it now after 14 months.

Cheers

Hackcessor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2011
Australia
www.vapebar.com.au
eHealth Cigarette
E-HealthCigarettes.com - Online Store

As I said, I am not sure what type or connection it is. But it is not a 510 connection.

Not sure that I agree with the need for 2 x full kits....I think the $40-$50 that is proposed you spend on the second kit, be invested into

- A spare battery
- A Case
- Some cartomisers
- Spare/different types of atomisers

It works out around the same, but you are getting some cartos to try. A case to house it all in and still ticking the spare batt box.

Just my opinion on it.

But...the word investment shouldnt be taken lightly either. If you want to use an eCigarette as a "Nicotine Alternative Device" in order to "Change Brands" from the "Analogs" to "Vaping" then an investment is required. Not only financially but in your time as well (not that it is an all time consuming habit....but take the time and research what you need to know).

An average pack a day smoker in Australia would spend (not invest) over $5,000 per year on feeding their smoking habit.

Spending more on your initial eCigarette starting kit (the investment) will give you more range and more of a chance to be succcessful. Invest $100-$200 buy yourself a range of different eJuice flavours, a range of different delivery methods and nail what is right for you.

Too many people try it and say "it is not for me" after negative experiences with inferior products or a lack of assistance in getting past the initial hurdles.

As I said above...if you want to ask anything specific or have a more detailed scenario to play out. I am only too happy to help just shoot me a PM here or email vapebar@hotmail.com.au

--H

Last edited:

TrevorGordon

Jul 26, 2011
Perth
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. I am actually quite happy with the health e cigarette that I bought, so far it cost me $40 and tomorrow will be 4 weeks without analogues, a saving of about $200 already so, even if it is one of the inferior brands, for me it has been a really good experience. I really enjoy vaping. I will get a Joye510 and start experimenting. the exciting thing is if it is this good with a possibly inferior item how good is it going to be with a quality one. I don't have any problem with the time and effort that goes into getting the best possible experience, I am a gadget person and this combines two of my favourite things gadgets and smoking, except I am not killing myself in the mean time. I seriously don't have any thoughts of going back to analogues.

TrevorGordon

Jul 26, 2011
Perth
Ok,

Just got my delivery of extra attys and 0mg juice, Can't say that I get any throat hit at all with the 0mg which is going to be a problem. Tons of vapour no throat hit. I think I may need to order some nic juice and mix it in to the 0mg stuff. Am I right in saying that it's the nicotine that gives you a TH. I have also decided on a Joye 510-T and will be ordering it today. I'll let you know how it goes.

hobotivo

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
The land Down Under
That is great news Trevor.

Sometimes it is the un-expected failure of a "gadget" without a back stop that can make someone return to the Analogs.

Good luck with it all :)

So true! I have backups for everything, including backups for my backups. I could easily last six months with what I have on hand, for juice I could probably go a year if I wasn't fussy abut flavours and vaped it all. Once you have decided vaping is for you and you have saved some bucks, invest those bucks in lots of supplies.

It'll save you money in the long run too because you can use regular postage instead of EMS. If you have several months worth of juice on hand it doesn't matter if your order takes 3 weeks to arrive!

Cheers

clark8876

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Perth, Australia
Ok,

Just got my delivery of extra attys and 0mg juice, Can't say that I get any throat hit at all with the 0mg which is going to be a problem. Tons of vapour no throat hit. I think I may need to order some nic juice and mix it in to the 0mg stuff. Am I right in saying that it's the nicotine that gives you a TH. I have also decided on a Joye 510-T and will be ordering it today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Yep, the nic will give TH and PG gives more TH than VG. There is also a product called QHit that adds TH to 0mg juice. In Aus you can get it from Juice ......
JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice - QHIT - (Powered by CubeCart)

TrevorGordon

Jul 26, 2011
Perth
Hi Guys,

Well I took delivery of my new PV - I ended up getting a Joye 510 Mega kit (manual) from Vapebar, Charged it up and OH YEAH! this is perfect for me. Smooth full of flavour lots of vapour and great TH. I am in heaven. Now it's time to check out some new flavours.

Does anyone know what flavour would give a Port Royal Rolly Tobacco experience?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread