Another worse case scenario question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Bear with me guys, noon question here. So if the button on a device were to get stuck down, is the logical thing to do unscrewing the tank from the battery? Or is there a danger in having the negative making contact with no positive contact? (Negative threads, no positive firing pin touching.) If a button were to get stuck down, what is the logical move? Thanks! Just another one of those "worst case scenario" things, but you can never be too safe right? ;)

Reactions: bnrkwest

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
The Simplest, quickest Choice.

Breaking the circuit at either Pole does the SAME THING.

I.E. Stuck Switch threading could make Removing the Tank more logical. Then removing and correcting the Switch would be SAFE.

Think Safe - if it is to Warm/Hot - toss it in a safe place and wait.
Batteries do not always Violently react. In fact, they often will simply drain until dead.
extreme low resistance super heats Batteries internally causing violent reactions.
Staying within CDR thresholds is recommended.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Yeah. break the circuit whatever the fastest way possible is. If the fastest way on your device to disable the circuit is to is unscrew your tank, that's what you should do.

My device is weird and has built in batteries. Removing the batteries not being an option would mean unscrewing the tank is my only option. I THINK my device has a 10 or 15 second cutoff, not entirely sure. Device is a Tesla Two Sub Mod.

aceman3330

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2014
Nakhonsithammarat, Thailand
Happened to my Panzer DNA200 when it arrived. The batteries (LiPo internal) was bone dry. I had to replaced the batteries and once in a while the firing button would get stuck but once I realized I just re-press and it would come out. If no atomizer was screwed in, I think the worst case would be your batteries will be dead and you have to replace them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: H4X0R

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Happened to my Panzer DNA200 when it arrived. The batteries (LiPo internal) was bone dry. I had to replaced the batteries and once in a while the firing button would get stuck but once I realized I just re-press and it would come out. If no atomizer was screwed in, I think the worst case would be your batteries will be dead and you have to replace them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks! Is there chance of thermal runaway when a battery is just draining without stopping? Ruling out heat of course.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Thanks! Is there chance of thermal runaway when a battery is just draining without stopping? Ruling out heat of course.
As long as you are below the CDR, continuous discharge rating, of the battery, you are fine. Say you are drawing 15 amps off a 25 amp battery, it will continue to safely drain the battery. It may get warm, but the battery wont vent.
In your case, using a regulated mod, with a cut off, I seriously doubt you will ever have this issue. There are too many other fail safes in line with that mod that a stuck switch is about the last possible scenario you will ever face.

H4X0R

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2014
NM
Know your mod, know your batteries, understand it's features!

I'm mostly familiar with the device, I just only see the 10 second cut off mentioned like, one place at all on the internet lol it uses 19500 Li-Po batteries, which I wish i knew when I bought it...... Not the smartest choice for a mod lol

Reactions: Baditude

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
I'm mostly familiar with the device, I just only see the 10 second cut off mentioned like, one place at all on the internet lol it uses 19500 Li-Po batteries, which I wish i knew when I bought it...... Not the smartest choice for a mod lol
It's also stated in that video it has short circuit protection, as well as some others.

Reactions: bnrkwest

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Backups for you backups .................which means more shopping and Informed new choices. :D
Who knows, you may find this first device makes a great Backup rather than daily device. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread