Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the joyetech eGo AIO Eco

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from joyetech

Review Disclaimer
I review products for what they are with no account of where it comes from or who makes it. The test results are the results for what is in my hand. Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary. There is no way for myself or anyone to predict if a device will last 6 months, 1 year, 5 years etc. Any manufactured item from cars to phones to computers to mods have a possibility of arriving DOA or having a small percent failure rate. There is no way to predict this or quantify this. That’s why warranties and lemon laws exist. I can only review what I have in my hand for better or for worse. Contrary to popular belief, there is no special review samples of higher quality. Most of the time personally i get retail versions, the few times i’ve gotten early releases they are usually worse than the final retail version.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I decided to add this disclaimer in as i feel it’s important for people to know their source of the review. I’ve been vaping since late 2011. I’ve vaped all the styles from MTL to RLH to DTL. tanks, RTAs, RDAs, you name it. I do prefer the DTL and RLH style over MTL personally. My main focus from an atomizer is flavor. For mods i’ve used mechs and regulated mods. I’m an avid temp control vaper but enjoy power mode as well and the occasion mech useage for nostalgia. I’ve been doing reviews since late 2016. As of Jan 2018 I’ve done over 100 written reviews and done over 150 video reviews on my channel, Although i’ve taken a break from videos in the past few months to focus on written reviews.

I spend a lot of time helping vapers on forums as well and try to answer all the questions and comments on my reviews. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested. At times if needed i’ll disassemble them as well. Rebuildables get multiple builds in them. Tanks i use all coils until the die or a minimum of 2 weeks if they don’t die sooner. I do this for the community to help people find good products and avoid bad ones. In my opinion a reviewer works for the community and nobody else. It’s our job to inform vapers of issues and not be advertisers as well as provide constructive criticism from a place of knowledge back to companies with these reviews so they can improve and make better products in the future.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2017 list here

Introduction:
The Joyetech eGo AIO Eco is the latest AIO kit from joyetech and a huge blast from the past. For many vapers who quit a long time ago, a joyetech eGO kit was likely your first vape. 5-7 years ago these things were everywhere and normally came with a kanger EVOD tank from many B&M shops. The eGo AIO ECO takes the old idea with a new twist to improve battery life and offer consistent performance. It’s available in 5 colors. Red, Blue, Black, Grey, and Green.

Manufacturer's Specs:
  • Diameter: 14mm
  • Height: 113.0mm
  • Weight: 37.5g
  • E-liquid Capacity: 1.20ml
  • Coil head: BFHN 0.5ohm head
  • Max charging current: 1A
  • Output mode: constant voltage (1.85V) output
  • Battery capacity: 650mAh
  • Colors: Red, Blue, Black, Grey, Green
Included in box:
  • 1 eGo AIO ECO
  • 2 BFHN 0.5ohm head
  • 1 USB cable
  • 1 Manual
  • 1 Warranty card
  • 1 Warning card
  • Spare parts
Pictures
Stock Shot colors:
qCODPzb.png

Box:
LZ6qsfH.jpg

Handcheck:
xgwqFJt.jpg

Size Comparisons:

r4kTaKe.jpg

zr5Do1g.jpg

Coil Disassembled:

Q2s3DIO.jpg

RJOyTaD.jpg

V0rh4Sy.jpg

Kit Rundown
The Joyetech eGo AIO ECO Is a Vape Pen style AIO (all in one) kit, meaning there isn’t a separate mod or tank that can be used with anything else. It’s a miniature pen (only 14mm diameter) it’s features a top airflow cap that is a loose MTL vape but has an optional one for a tighter draw that is not included. It has a small capacity of 1.2ml. The main feature of the eGo AIO Eco is that it fires at an extremely low voltage listed at 1.85 volts. (6.85 watts with the .5ohm coils) The idea of this is really good battery life thanks to the less than 7 watts power output and consistent vape since the 1.85 volts is well below the cut off of the battery, the 1st hit and the last hit before needing a charge will be exactly the same. No weaker hits as the battery dies. Hence the “Eco” label. They claim approx 350 puffs per charge and 150 puffs per tank fill. I was able to vape 2 tank fulls on 1 charge but didn’t count puffs. It features 1 AMP charging as well and charges very fast.

It also has LED Lights on it. Just very small ones that light up the glass. You can change the color between the 7 options or turn it off completely. You do this by turning the device off (5 clicks) then holding the fire button for 5 seconds. Click fire to cycle to the color you want (or off) then let it sit a few seconds and it locks it in. The coils screw right into the battery then you put the glass on and screw the top cap into the coil head. To fill you unscrew the top cap (which includes the non adjustable air and non replaceable drip tip) and fill directly into the glass. The glass is held on by a wide o-ring that says “keep calm and vape on” on it. Overall a very easy to use and nice little vape pen

Coil Performance and details
The kit comes with a 2 coils (same ones) which are the only kind available for the eGo AIO Eco. it lists it as a .5 ohm coil. So how does a .5 ohm coil work at such a low voltage? Well I took it apart (pics above) and from my estimation it appears to be a triple coil, 2mm ID, of 34-36 gauge wire 1.5 to 2 wraps. It uses the same non-resistance leads like many premade coils. If i plug in those specs to steam engine i get a heat flux of 1.8 volts. So in essence the way the get the really low volt output to work is really small coils running triple parallel for a lower resistance. And it does work. I have to give them kudos on the idea as they are the 1st i’ve seen to do this in an AIO beginner kit.

As far as the actual coil performance goes. The flavor wasn’t bad by any means, obviously you have to consider the type of device isn’t going to be a flavor monster by most people’s definition including my own, but there was some flavor. I used only 50/50 30mg nic salt juices in it. My only complaint was the coil life. Between both coils, total I was only able to use a total of 7ml of juice (about 3 tankfulls per coil). I don’t see that as lasting anyone more than a couple of days per coil. I talked to a few other reviewers as well who were working on this, and none said they had the low coil life i experienced so it could be a case of me getting some bum coils. Still I can only review what’s in my hand

Pros:
  • Build Quality
  • Color Options
  • Small AIO pen kit
  • Looks and style
  • Battery Life
  • Low Juice Consumption
  • LED lights (able to turn off or change color)
  • Charges fast
  • price point (under 20 dollars)
Cons:
  • No fill port (fill directly into glass)
  • no spare glass
  • air isn’t adjustable
  • Proprietary Drip tip
  • Should have included the optional tighter air top cap
  • Coil Life
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, and as much as i’d like to lean towards the yes for them coming up with the good idea and executing it well for the low voltage consistent output coils and great battery life, I have to lean a little no based on the coil life. If they get the coils worked out to last longer though it would be a yes but again i can only review what’s in my hand and my coils didn’t last nearly long enough for me to lean towards the yes personally.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Reactions: lil_buddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread