Anthony Vapes: Joyetech Exceed NC Kit Tech Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi All, Anthony Vapes back here with my review of the joyetech Exceed NC Stick Kit, please see the bottom for disclaimers and links. Note this is marked as a sample

Introduction:
The Joyetech Exceed NC kit with Notchcore tank is the latest Vape Stick kit from Joyetech and comes with the Exceed NC Battery Stick and the Notchcore tank. It’s made to be their version of an ijust3, cascade one plus, voopoo caliber, or smok stick. It features an internal 2300mah battery and is a simple non adjustable stick however has 2 modes. It features a LED inside the fire button for battery charge and mode. The included tank is the Notchcore tank which i’ve already reviewed in my silk kit review so I won’t focus on the tank too much, but more of how it works with the stick battery. It’s available in 2 colors, Black and White and is available online in the 40-50 dollar price range

Manufacturer's Specs Battery:
  • Dimensions: 3-5/16" x 7/8" (Without Tank)
  • 22mm Diameter
  • 510 Threaded
  • Built-in 2300mAh Battery
  • Direct Output and Constant Voltage Output Modes
  • Simple One Button Design
  • Battery Life Indicator Light
  • Micro USB Charging Port
  • Dual Circuit Protection
  • Over-Charging Protection
  • Over-Current Protection
  • Over-Discharging Protection
Manufacturer's Specs Tank:
  • Dimensions: 1-7/8" x 7/8" (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
  • Diameter: 22mm
  • 510 Threaded
  • Gold Plated Atomizer Base
  • 2.5ml e-Liquid Capacity
  • Retractable Top Fill Design
  • Glass Tank
  • Dual Airflow Slots
  • Bottom Adjustable Airflow Control Valve
  • Evenly Heated Surface Area for Low Wattage Builds
  • Utilizes Joye NotchCoil Horizontal SS304 Coil for Variable Wattage
  • Includes (2) NotchCoil 0.45ohm with Cotton (20 - 25W) (Pre-installed)
  • 510 Drip Tip Compatible
Included in box:
  • 1 x Joye Exceed NC Mod
  • 1 x Joye NotchCore Tank
  • 2 x NotchCoil SS304 0.45ohm with Cotton (Pre-installed)
  • 1 x Replacement Glass
  • 1 x Set of Spare Parts
  • 1 x Micro USB Cable
Picture Album
album

Exceed NC Battery Rundown and Performance
The Exceed NC battery is a somewhat adjustable simple stick with a fire button and nothing else. There is an LED inside the fire button that is only white or orange. It tell you the battery level by how fast it flashes 60% or more battery and ti stays lit, 30-59% and it flashes slowly, 10-29% it flashes moderately, and less than 10% it flashes quickly. That needs to be better done IMO but at least it’s somewhat of a battery meter. If it flashes fast time to charge it. As far as adjustable goes it has 2 output modes like the vandy vape berserker MTL kit. To switch modes turn the device off (5 clicks) then hold fire. It’ll switch back and forth. White is direct output while orange is consistent output mode. But i’ll go over that in bit.

The stick itself is really nice. There is not much of a design it’s just a basic stick with some lines cut into it for a little style but nothing too gaudy. The coloring is beautiful as well and looks like a nice clear coat on it giving it a semi-gloss finish. It can handle a 22 mm atomizer without overhang which is the size of the notchcore tank and makes it have an AIO type look to it. It feels well built and is all metal, but it’s also really light. The USB port is on the back but they don’t list an amp limit.

Performance of the stick was subpar. I reviewed the iJust 3 and was very disappointed in it. The Cascade one plus and voopoo caliber performed great however. Compared to those 3 the exceed NC performs not very good. They list a resistance limit of .3 ohms minimum. I was able to fire a .2ohm however but my .15 ohm wouldn’t fire so the real limit is somewhere between .15 and .2 ohms. Which is fine for the tank since the included coils are .45 ohm SS304 notch coils.

With a .2 ohm coil i got 57 watts of smooth output (17 amps, 3.366 volts), which is a step down from the cascade one plus and caliber sticks. The output was the same for both modes. With a .63 ohm coil I got 24 watts and 3.892 volts in direct output mode which again is a step below the others. In constant output mode it couldn’t provide an actual output and just hunted voltage. It doesn't really work well in constant output mode as it should making the mode useless and best used in direct output mode. Overall not a good performer.

Notchcore Tank performance
I’m not going to get into detail about the tank itself since i’ve already reviewed it before but a few quick specs on it. Uses an 510 drip tip and comes with a black delrin one, 2.5ml capacity. Uses a slide back to fill method. My main focus on this will be how does the tank perform with the exceed NC battery.

It comes with 2 coils, but both are the same and only coil for the tank which is a notch coil made of SS304 and is rewickable as well. The silk kit i reviewed with this tank (which is what review to check out more on the tank) came with 5 coils. They are pretty cheap so can’t complain too much but including a extra pack of 4 would have been nice. With that said I did really like the tank in the silk kit. It is a good tank for low watt DTL vaping and probably the best for that less than 30 watts. It was also a decent loose MTL tank with the air closed down and under 20 watts. However with this kit it just doesn't seem to perform as it should. It’s not enough power to DTL and get the full potential of the tank but too much power to MTL on. Overall it’s a good tank but performs much better with an adjustable mod and doesn't work well in this kit with the exceed NC battery.

Pros:
  • Build Quality of mod and tank
  • Size and Weight for portability
  • Simple Sleek Design
  • Battery Life (2300mah battery)
  • AFC is easy to adjust and smooth
  • Standard 510 tip
  • Easy to refill
  • Decent Battery Indicator
  • Passthrough vaping
Cons:
  • LED is dim
  • coils do not match the output of the battery
  • weak muted flavor from coils
  • Lack of Color Options
  • small 2.5ml capacity
  • poor performance from the battery
  • constant output mode doesn’t work correctly
Conclusion
So with all that said, do I recommend this kit or not? I don’t like to do a hard yes or no, but this is going to lean towards the no pretty heavily. The battery itself just doesn’t perform well and the Coils for the tank aren't designed well enough to work with the battery. The tank itself is still good and is on my list so it’s worth it for a low watt under 30 watts DTL tank to pair with an adjustable mod but the kit itself is not worth buying and won’t be going on my list.

This is Anthony Vapes just keeping it honest, hopefully you all can say the same and i’ll catch you on my next review.

Product Disclaimer
This product was sent to me from Joyetech

Review Disclaimer
Due to possible QC difference your experience may vary.

Reviewer Disclaimer
I’ve been doing vape reviews since late 2016 and have done around 300 reviews to date. I enjoy helping vapers on forums as well and helping contribute to the great vape community. I’m not an “out of the box” reviewer. I do my best to be thorough at all times and have enough experience with many products to tell what’s good and what’s not. All mods get tested with an oscilloscope and stress tested and results are posted in my reviews.

Recommendations and Past Review Links
written reviews list here

Youtube Channel here

Spreadhseet of Recommendations here

Best of 2018 so far list here

Best of 2017 list here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread