Any advantages in switching an eGo VV battery to mods if I'm using regular tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
I didn't step up to dripping atomizers and rebuildables, still using protank3-like clearomizers. Am I going to benefit anything from switching from an eGo VV battery (VV V3) to VV mods (Vamo V5, SID and such), other than the battery capacity? I honestly don't mind charging my 900mah often, it's anyway a passthrough and I charge it in my house, office and in the car.

Many thanks!

roguly

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2013
Orange, CA, USA
Don't quote me because I haven't used VV devices in a long time, but I feel you get a much better user experience. Youre going to get a better power flow to the atomizer, and possibly more volt range than the ego. Also (depends on mod) youre able to dial in volts and watts. If you possibly see yourself venturing into rebuildables in the future, you will be able to use them on a VV mod (certain restrictions apply tho). This is personal opinion I know, but I was extremely satisfied when I moved up to a quality VV

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I didn't step up to dripping atomizers and rebuildables, still using protank3-like clearomizers. Am I going to benefit anything from switching from an eGo VV battery (VV V3) to VV mods (Vamo V5, SID and such), other than the battery capacity? I honestly don't mind charging my 900mah often, it's anyway a passthrough and I charge it in my house, office and in the car.

Many thanks!

You're going to get more battery time between charges, the ability to charge one battery while vaping another one and typically more power available to you. That's it.

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
Thanks for all the replies :)
Few more questions,

1. What's telescopic mods? (In general I'm looking for mods I can change their size by the battery I'm using, but I see that non-telescopic mods still have extension parts I can use to change their size with).

2. What's the difference between affordable VV/VW mods such as the Vamo V5 ($30) and higher costs like the Zmax V5 ($45) ?

3. Zmax V3 vs V5 ? Zmax Mini vs V2 ?! I cannot see the differences between revisions, looks like all of them have RMS mode anyway...

4. Zmax vs Zmax mini? anyway both of them have extensions to use all battery combinations...

5. In general, should I stay away from EOL products? (for example SmokTech Zmax doesn't appear on their site anymore, replaced by the S.I.D I guess).

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Once I bought my SID I stopped using my ego type batts. I have a 650 and 350 tube. I have 4 batteries of each size. I never have to worry about having a full charged batt. 3400mah lasts basically 2 days and you can get 1200mah 350's. I know SID's are on the cheaper end but I've used mine daily for over 6 months without a single problem. I'll replace it with something nicer once it breaks.

Tanks work great on SID's and vamo's and all the other similar vv/vw mods. I use a k100 for my drippers but also use an igo-l on my SID no problem. IMO- the SID and Vamo are excellent mods for breaking into the next level from ego's or itastes.

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
Thanks Bob but I always think few months forward, I don't want to get a beginners equipment and 2 months later upgrade and pay twice. If there are much difference and I see myself using something else in the near future, I rather get it at the beginning :)

As I said right now I'm using iTaste VV V3, not a regular eGo battery, so I'm switching from a VV/VW anyway.

What do you think can be the advantages of high-end mods compare to lower cost ones?

BTW, I understand the good side of using Mechanical parts, but I still can't understand how so many heavy vapers are willing to limit themselves to 1 voltage/wattage mode just to go mechanical... :S

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Once I bought my SID I stopped using my ego type batts. I have a 650 and 350 tube. I have 4 batteries of each size. I never have to worry about having a full charged batt. 3400mah lasts basically 2 days and you can get 1200mah 350's. I know SID's are on the cheaper end but I've used mine daily for over 6 months without a single problem. I'll replace it with something nicer once it breaks.

Tanks work great on SID's and vamo's and all the other similar vv/vw mods. I use a k100 for my drippers but also use an igo-l on my SID no problem. IMO- the SID and Vamo are excellent mods for breaking into the next level from ego's or itastes.

Just out of curiosity and future purchase research, What is above a SID? I love mine. I do want quality vaping and each part plays a role. What should I check out?

Jere

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
Anyone have any idea?
Thanks! :)

Thanks for all the replies :)
Few more questions,

1. What's telescopic mods? (In general I'm looking for mods I can change their size by the battery I'm using, but I see that non-telescopic mods still have extension parts I can use to change their size with).

2. What's the difference between affordable VV/VW mods such as the Vamo V5 ($30) and higher costs like the Zmax V5 ($45) ?

3. Zmax V3 vs V5 ? Zmax Mini vs V2 ?! I cannot see the differences between revisions, looks like all of them have RMS mode anyway...

4. Zmax vs Zmax mini? anyway both of them have extensions to use all battery combinations...

5. In general, should I stay away from EOL products? (for example SmokTech Zmax doesn't appear on their site anymore, replaced by the S.I.D I guess).

Many thanks :)

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
1. Not much difference between a telescopic and, for example, a Vamo. A Vamo can run on a single 18650 or 2x 18350s with extension tube and a single 18350 without extension tube. The only downside is that when you go from tall mode to short mode you're left with this tube which you can lose. Telescopic mods can also use 18450 so if that's important to you (I can't think of a reason why) then you should consider a telescopic mod.

2. It doesn't really matter to me but it's mostly build quality, menu settings, PWM or true voltage control, airflow etcetera etcetera.
I'm not very picky about it and happy with my Vamo. But then again, I'm also still happy with my VV ego batteries. Some people like to get into this as a major hobby and treat it like rocket science, I don't. I didn't buy dozens of different cigarette brands to check which had the best draw and nicest filter either when I was smoking analogs so I don't see why I should do that now.
To get back to your first post; for me the (high quality) ego VV batteries are about the same as my Vamo but they're not holding enough power for my liking so you definitely have to own at least 2 or 3 of them to get through the day. They're still great though and I always use them when I'm away from home (work, bar etc.). But when at home on the couch I prefer something which lasts much longer so I use my Vamo there.

5. Not at all. If you like the specs and the price is right then go ahead and buy. Ohm's law won't change and (most) mods use standard batteries. A lot of updated versions only offer snazzier displays, updated menus and those kind of things.

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States

Many thanks!

The main advantage is that when the battery no longer functions in mods with replaceable batteries. You just replace the battery. There is a suite of 'nice' features as well. But mainly, it's so that you're tossing a $6-10 battery and not the whole thing.

VapinSweetZ

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA.
Thanks guys I appreciate all your replies!
Can you please advise me on the shortest VW mod for 18350 that can also hold 18650 with extension (or Telescopic design) ?
The main reason I haven't switched to standard battery mods yet is because I LOVE the portability of the VV V3 (long but thin and light) and VV 650mah that are short enough (although I am looking for a VW mod, and it would be AWESOME if it will have RMS mode).

The price I'm thinking to spend is around 100-150 (fasttech?), so ProVari mini is really stretching my budget...

The Zmax mini looks like a good fit for me right now, but I'm not sure if it's the shortest VW mod and if it's the best choice in my budget, so I'd really like to hear your opinion about that.

Thanks again you're awesome!

rucni

ECF Veteran
since i changed from my ego twist vv to my vamo v3 i have noticed a huge difference in flavor. also i switched from a single coil pt2 to a dual coil pt3. vamo has variable watts and volts. i use volt cause i can adjust by 0.1 volts where as watts i am stuck at 0.5 adjustments. but its all personal preference in my mind. find what you like and run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread