The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Any clue what 510 this is/how to properly assemble?

Discussion in 'Battery Mods' started by invisiblehand13, Apr 25, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. invisiblehand13

invisiblehand13 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 15, 2014
    Woodville, WI
    0425181526_resized_1.jpg 0425181526a_resized_1.jpg 0425181526_resized_1.jpg 0425181526a_resized_1.jpg Okay, so I recently found someone who still had some silo 1300 mods for sale (yay!) but I have no idea what this 510 connector is, what it is called or how to properly assemble it(seller said it was a "hana style 510" but googling that does not show me anything remotely close to this 510). Having the mods is great but considering that the tops are milled and threaded for this specific connector means I have to figure out this 510 and although I am pretty sure I figured out how to assemble it...it does not have any "spring" action and does not stay together...any help/input here would be great guys...just want my silo mods up and running...or if anybody knows of a better/easier 510 that uses this threading that would be even better

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. invisiblehand13

Nov 15, 2014
    Woodville, WI
    okay so small update on my part...I am pretty sure this is a "hcp 510" by modcrate (which is now out of business and unreachable...other than a facebook page with little to no activity) which is a evolv 510 "variant" that is 18mm threaded and may be missing a c-clip for holding the whole positive pin assembly in place...if anyone could confirm this that would be great! (and possibly point out where the hell to get a c-clip that would fit/work in my scenario as well lol)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. invisiblehand13

Nov 15, 2014
    Woodville, WI
    • Like Like x 1
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Wish I could help. This is beyond my skill level.

Anna

5. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    Alrighty then, using your 1st pic, with 510 upside down, IIRC, it's thin brown ring, then thick SS, then wave spring, then brown with cap with ledge facing in. I can check for sure later. @SlickWilly knows all, if he wants to verify.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    I am not familiar with that 510 though it does look like you are missing the C clip to retain the parts and compress the wave spring.
    I have built some mods using the Silo enclosures and used the Evolv 510 which fit perfectly and is an excellent 510.
    Evolv 510 Connector

• Like Like x 2
  7. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    Found mine and ripped it apart. Parts fit into the housing from left to right. And @mackman was right that the C clip holds it all in.
    IMG_0098.png

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.