510 RCA jack question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotot

Aug 8, 2009
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. The keywords are too short to produce any good search results. I'm looking to find an RCA jack that makes a good fit with the 510 atomizer. The PVMA thread was great, but the I'm not haveing any luck with the rca connectors from Radio shack. Anyhow I'm almost done with a battery mod with an RCA connector but I can't find any way to fit one onto my 510 atomizer. Other than a barrel cutter/lathe I have a pretty decent tool set and I'm just looking for a part to work with. any help is appreciated!

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before. The keywords are too short to produce any good search results. I'm looking to find an RCA jack that makes a good fit with the 510 atomizer. The PVMA thread was great, but the I'm not haveing any luck with the rca connectors from Radio shack. Anyhow I'm almost done with a battery mod with an RCA connector but I can't find any way to fit one onto my 510 atomizer. Other than a barrel cutter/lathe I have a pretty decent tool set and I'm just looking for a part to work with. any help is appreciated!

Not all atomizer connector types are the same as you noticed with the RCA sleeve, sometimes you need to add something around it , I use a torch and solder to make a tight fit.

Also even though RCA are all the same, the screwing caps (sleeve), are not always the same diameter. I can recommend you one that will work better for your 510, but don't expect perfect, you will still have to glue it or some other method.

Parts-Express.com:RCA Plug Metal | Rca connector solder connector rca audio connector rca plug plug

Hope it helps.

Just a side note, you could post your questions on the related thread and sooner than later it will be answered. :)

----

Hotot

Aug 8, 2009
i actually did get one of the radio shack rubber ones to work, but it doesnt stay fit very well so ill give those you linked a try. btw will the guts of the pcc work ok as a charger for a 3.7v? my only issue is i need to hold down the button for the charge to go back in through the rca jack, but i wired a plug on the pcc charger output meant for the standard 510 battery. I'm thinking about getting a lithium polymer the right size to fill the bottom of the pcc box, because right now i think my battery is unprotected, so im just keeping an eye on my volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread