Any company still making fuses for mech tube mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irra7ional

Dec 16, 2016
Hey guys....I am pretty much a mech only user...generally do mostly MTL and I usually do coils over 0.6 /usually 0.6 to 0.9/ ohms.

For safety reasons and because I am MTLer I bought some fuses ages ago...

So today as I was fixing my Taifun GT 2 coil made a silly mistake and produced a short and my safety fuse triggered for the first time in like 2 years. I am quite confident it is my first short on my mechs and honestly it occurred the ony time I wasn't building and testing my coil on a regulated device....Ironic I know...

Anyways, while I doubt without the fuse anything would have happened as I use Sony VTC 5 and 6 the fused worked and tripped and possibly saved me from an overheating battery if not worse.

I am wondering does anyone still make these fuses? something perhaps orderable from aliexpress? I cant seem to find anything!

PS: Ironically second time I make a thread about fuses! But last time I was looking for fuses that work down to 0.3 >.< I've given up on that anyways tho...Quick got over it.

Last edited:

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
  • Useful
Reactions: VictorViper

irra7ional

Dec 16, 2016
Kick def not my thing. Limits my vaping, I usually vape over 20 watts 0.7/0.8 coils.

@Baditude thank you my friend, the atmizoo thing looks awesome hope it doesn't result into a lot of voltage drop.

@hazozita this looks like an amazing project, looks like it is possibly a nivel type of chip in these things would be awesome. Hope they make 22mm diameter of those and dont give too much voltage drop.

I wonder why they limit these fuses to 7 AMP, would be so much more universal at 10 AMP...

Has actually had me wondering if the GUS fuses which go up to 15 AMPs are good and if someone has tested if they work...To be honest if they do might just end up switching my mech mod and purchasing a GUS.

I am not particularly paranoid but I like to limit the chances of things going wrong, especially since I vape a lot at work...wouldn't want a battery vent to happen while in the office...will def get me sacked :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread