Any Flash e vapor 4.5 users??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I’ve been looking at rta and the FEV 4.5 got my attention.I tried a few searches on the forum for a thread on flash e 4.5 but couldn’t find one.I found some older that were closed.
    Many of the reviewers on YouTube that I prefer all say it does every type of vape draw from tight MTL to a loose DL.
    I have kf and a few other flavor tanks and bf rda but I have not tried the interchangeable insert under the coil types of air flow.
    I’m also looking at Tripod,Brunhilde,and a few others but the flash e might be a better choice.

I thought I’d ask if there are any flash e 4.5 users and their opinions.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stols001

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I was totally not aware of this RTA. Very interesting. Could only find one video review in english (Todd) Interesting way it gets juice to the wick. Simple build deck for round wire or simple clapton... not sure about using fancier wires. Decent juice capacity.
    I guess the original is very expensive but Fast Tech has clone for under $25
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...-v4-5-styled-rta-rebuildable?sscid=11k4_2efu4
    I say give it a go!
    The Brunhilde MTL is another interesting design.
    Here's Todd video of the Flash e vapor:
    https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...-v4-5-styled-rta-rebuildable?sscid=11k4_2efu4

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I’ve been looking at RTA and the FEV 4.5 got my attention.I tried a few searches on the forum for a thread on flash e 4.5 but couldn’t find one.I found some older that were closed.
    Many of the reviewers on YouTube that I prefer all say it does every type of vape draw from tight MTL to a loose DL.
    I have kf and a few other flavor tanks and bf RDA but I have not tried the interchangeable insert under the coil types of air flow.
    I’m also looking at Tripod,Brunhilde,and a few others but the flash e might be a better choice.

I thought I’d ask if there are any flash e 4.5 users and their opinions.

I got my first YFTK FEV 4.5 from FT a couple months ago. I also ordered 'Replacement Wicks for Fev V5' and installed a set immediately. After a little experimentation I'm running it with one air hole closed and I believe a 2mm hole in the other giving me a restricted DL vape. I move the coil a little towards the open side, but not by much.

I like it so much I now have two :cool:. My other fave is the DoggyStyle at around 12-13 watts. I'm running the FEV at the same power. I originally thought with the side air flow the TH would be muted compared to the Doggies and it is slightly, but it's still very good. Flavor is superb, just a little different than the Doggies. I really should experiment a bit more with coil setups, but so far have stuck with the same 4 wraps at 3mm using 28 gauge SS as I use in the Doggies. I'm loving it for a big tank with great flavor and TH for around the house, it's just too big to take out with me.

Using the juice feed inserts I have never had a leak or a dry hit. I use 100% PG juices. Reviewers have the same experience using high VG juices. It's 23mm diameter so does fit on a Pico 75 but it's so big it looks ridiculously top heavy on one, but it's right at home on a VT75D :). Construction is very nice, fit and finish is great and O-rings have been perfect. I can't find replacement clear tank sections but it comes with a metal section so if I ever damage the clear I can always switch to that. I don't have any of the other atties you mentioned so I can't compare to them.

Hope this helps a bit.

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I’m going to get one before they get discontinued.
    I think using the liquid feed tubes it will get flavor very close to RDTA.

The liquid feed tubes touch the wicking on each side of the coil so your juice gets delivered really close to the coil. It's a really good system :cool:

I'm thinking of getting one more so I'll have three, also because I may not have the chance for much longer.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    The liquid feed tubes touch the wicking on each side of the coil so your juice gets delivered really close to the coil. It's a really good system :cool:

I'm thinking of getting one more so I'll have three, also because I may not have the chance for much longer.
    I’m really looking forward to getting one.If the V4.5 is great on flavor I may have to get the dD version
    What kind of coils are you going to use?
    I’ve been watching some of the videos and it seems to handle quite a few different coils.
    I will probably start out with a 2.5mm spaced single coil #26 kanthal.
    There’s an old closed thread on FEV RDA on the forum that I stumbled across.
    Its an older version but the deck hasn’t changed.
    Flash-e-Vapor V2 rba by Artur Schwarze

Reactions: Ryedan

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    The long wait from China.
    It’s been saying since the 12th origin post is preparing shipment so I’m thinking another week maybe two.
    I may try express next order.I use express with other items and 3-5 days is not uncommon.I have ordered on Thursday and got items the following Monday.
    I just got an update that package has left customs from Chicago so maybe this weekend I’ll get to try out tanks.

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    The dD version by shenray looks very tempting for the price.
    It’s huge and would be great on a 26650 mod.
    I'd be really leery of 12ml's sitting above the deck the way the FeV feeds juice to the wicks. I can see an overnight mess if your wicking was even a tiny bit off.

For big 26650 12ml tanks the Genelocity Giant (32.5mm ø) holds 12ml and doesn't suffer the same problem as it's basically an RDTA. Massive chamber in there though. ;)
    Yo7U7LOl.jpg

Now if you are looking for a really BIG tank, then look no further than the Aromamizer Titan 41mm ø (on sale too) and holds a total of 32.5ml with the tall glass. There is a juice flow control so no accidental mess if wicking fails. ;)
    titan-jpg.720173

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I'd be really leery of 12ml's sitting above the deck the way the FeV feeds juice to the wicks. I can see an overnight mess if your wicking was even a tiny bit off.

For big 26650 12ml tanks the Genelocity Giant (32.5mm ø) holds 12ml and doesn't suffer the same problem as it's basically an RDTA. Massive chamber in there though. ;)
    Yo7U7LOl.jpg

Now if you are looking for a really BIG tank, then look no further than the Aromamizer Titan 41mm ø (on sale too) and holds a total of 32.5ml with the tall glass. There is a juice flow control so no accidental mess if wicking fails. ;)
    titan-jpg.720173

That’s a big tank!

• Agree
    Reactions: TrollDragon

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    I have one of those Generosity Giants, and every once in a while I'll haul it out and fire it up. It's obnoxiously huge and that's the fun of it. Always thought I'd take it down to a vape shop to see what kind of looks I'd get from the pod set, lol.
    Genelocity...I meant to say.

• Winner

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 3, 2014
    NS, Canada
    I have one of those Generosity Giants, and every once in a while I'll haul it out and fire it up. It's obnoxiously huge and that's the fun of it. Always thought I'd take it down to a vape shop to see what kind of looks I'd get from the pod set, lol.
    Been there done that, I'm considered the old guy with the weird tanks at the local neck beard B&M. :thumb:

The jaws dropped the day I showed up with the Steam Crave Titan on my DIY PWM mod. Passed it to one of the new guys there and asked him if it would be a good step up from a Nautilus. :D

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I finally got my FEV and copper vape skyline.
    Both are great tanks and the FEV does have a more of a throaty vape as many users have claimed.
    I can’t describe the vape from FEV but it’s very throaty dL.
    The YFTK clone quality is okay but the coppervape skyline is outstanding and best I’ve seen.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I finally got my FEV and copper vape skyline.
    Both are great tanks and the FEV does have a more of a throaty vape as many users have claimed.
    I can’t describe the vape from FEV but it’s very throaty dL.
    The YFTK clone quality is okay but the coppervape skyline is outstanding and best I’ve seen.
    My FEV sat all night with a full tank and it didn’t leak a drop.
    The vape is dry which may give it the throaty vape.
    I have a fused Clapton in it and the coil and cotton is staying clean longer.
    I got my first YFTK FEV 4.5 from FT a couple months ago. I also ordered 'Replacement Wicks for Fev V5' and installed a set immediately. After a little experimentation I'm running it with one air hole closed and I believe a 2mm hole in the other giving me a restricted DL vape. I move the coil a little towards the open side, but not by much.

I like it so much I now have two :cool:. My other fave is the DoggyStyle at around 12-13 watts. I'm running the FEV at the same power. I originally thought with the side air flow the TH would be muted compared to the Doggies and it is slightly, but it's still very good. Flavor is superb, just a little different than the Doggies. I really should experiment a bit more with coil setups, but so far have stuck with the same 4 wraps at 3mm using 28 gauge SS as I use in the Doggies. I'm loving it for a big tank with great flavor and TH for around the house, it's just too big to take out with me.

Using the juice feed inserts I have never had a leak or a dry hit. I use 100% PG juices. Reviewers have the same experience using high VG juices. It's 23mm diameter so does fit on a Pico 75 but it's so big it looks ridiculously top heavy on one, but it's right at home on a VT75D :). Construction is very nice, fit and finish is great and O-rings have been perfect. I can't find replacement clear tank sections but it comes with a metal section so if I ever damage the clear I can always switch to that. I don't have any of the other atties you mentioned so I can't compare to them.

Hope this helps a bit.
    I got mine yesterday and it’s a great vape.
    I’m using the tubes and with a full tank sitting all night not a drop of leakage or overly wet cotton.
    The first vape after sitting all night was clean and no spitting even with a fused Clapton in it.
    The cotton and coil are staying very clean.
    My only complaint is machine oil or SS taste and whether it’s from a low quality SS part or machine oil I may never know.
    My coppervape clone has no after taste or hint of machine oil.
    I tried washing it in hot water but the metallic machine taste won’t wash out.
    Some of my clones have never gotten rid of the metallic tang and hopefully it’ll eventually wash out.
    I’ll try lemon juice after a soak in soapy water?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread