EU Any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Not sure exactly when the axe will drop, but the regulations are due to start in May. I suspect that prices will start to increase as people realise that time is running out. A few RDA's or RTA's and some wire wont cost much. Once you get used to building your own coils to get the vape you want, I doubt you would go back to buying ready made coils. When building for a mech you need to do some homework on battery safety, ohms law and heat flux to get the best out of them. It's more effort to begin with and takes a little time to get to your own personal preference's. After the initial learning curve you are rewarded with a very reliable setup.

I suppose so. I'm not good with DIY and making things with my hands but I suppose a bit of practice will make perfect.

So you reckon we'll still be able to buy Nautilus minis? That's my most important tank only need Hangen liquids for it. Then every now and then I need a change and use my subtank nano and some premium 3mg VG liquids. I guess it's either stockpile coils now at great cost or get some wire, tools an RDA or RTA or two and start learning to build I guess.

I hope they let shops still sell Nautilus Minis and the stock 1.8ohm coils though....

I hope they let them sell flavoured liquids too. The fact that they want to ban menthol cigs is possibly not a good sign in that regard though....?

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I suppose so. I'm not good with DIY and making things with my hands but I suppose a bit of practice will make perfect.

So you reckon we'll still be able to buy Nautilus minis? That's my most important tank only need Hangen liquids for it. Then every now and then I need a change and use my subtank nano and some premium 3mg VG liquids. I guess it's either stockpile coils now at great cost or get some wire, tools an RDA or RTA or two and start learning to build I guess.
I hope they let shops still sell Nautilus Minis and the stock 1.8ohm coils though....

I hope they let them sell flavoured liquids too. The fact that they want to ban menthol cigs is possibly not a good sign in that regard though....?

I don't think anyone is sure what will or won't be available. I have never used a Nautilus Mini but it looks like it is possible to rebuild the factory heads. All you would need is some kanthal and some cotton wool and an appropriate sized screwdriver. It looks like it would be a little more tricky than rebuilding an RDA, but should be doable. You could stock up on some heads from fasttech they are usually much cheaper than UK vendors, but you have to wait a while for the package to arrive from china.

Overall I found rebuilding tanks to be a little more difficult, getting the correct amount of wicking material is trial and error and dependent on how thick your juice is. Switching between thicker and thinner juices means buggering about with the amount of material each time. Sometimes I got it right, more often I ended up with leaking or dry hits.

RDA's are pretty simple to rebuild and the wicking is less of a chore. It is a lot quicker to build and re wicking them takes a few seconds. But you have to carry a bottle of juice and drip as you go. OK around the house but a PITA out and about.

That's why I ended up sqounking..... easy to build and wick as it's pretty much an RDA but with tank like juice capacity.

Reactions: Rossum

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
yeah a mod sqounker makes a lot of sense, big lay out but good return. Wouldn't enjoy making coils but I'm the type of person that knowing that, I'd set one weekend aside and just make a hundred or something to get it out the way...

guess we'll see what happens... I still think banning menthol cigs is a potentially ill omen for flavoured e-liquids, I hope I am wrong though...

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
You can get pre wound coils if you want to save some time.....

$13.25 Authentic UD Kanthal A1 Pre-Coiled Heating Wire for RBA Atomizers (7 Specs) - 10-pack/spec / ferris wheel design box at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

The coils themselves last ages, I usually swap mine out after about 160ml but have never had a coil fail. A drop in vapour production is usually down to the wicking material or a build up of gunk on the coil. A quick dry burn and re-wick solves this, I usually do this every 20mls or so.

Most of the flavourings are used in baking or confectionery and should still be available. VG & PG are available and used in other products. Nicotine will be the issue. The current plans are to restrict both the strength and the container size. Pre made juice's will also be restricted in terms of strength and container size, and would need to be tested to prove the contents. I suspect this will mean a dramatic reduction in the number of flavours and vendors. A few of the bigger venders will gain from these regulations, lots of smaller ones will not be able to carry on trading.

There are some cheaper squonk box's available.....

Liquid Feed APV Discussion

or try the classified adds.

Reactions: LaraC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread