EU Any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
I am pretty sure that a black market will exist, plenty of things are readily available that are already illegal. My issue is that I would not really have any control over what was actually in the juice I would be buying. I am just stocking up on nic for the freezer so I don't need to worry about that element. I use cotton wicks and glycerin from Boots and I have enough wire to last me a lifetime. I built my own unregulated squonk box to try it out and then a REO once I knew I was going to stick to it. The REO has outlasted any other device I have owned and has never ever missed a beat.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Our government (germany) is planning a blanket ban of all flavours in E-cigarettes. Definitely. Sad for all future vapers, and a big win for the tobacco industry this is..
How hard is it to get 100mg nic in 1 liter bottles? In the US they cost $50 each and have the same amount of nic as you get from smoking 5,000 packs of cigarettes. Will they outlaw use or possession of refillable systems or just sale?

They may end up creating a vast black or grey market that accomplishes nothing but reducing respect for the law. I've read that Oman is banning ecigs entirely and the same will happen in Singapore starting at the end of the year. How that actually plays out in practice remains to be seen. There is a struggle going on in Malaysia over what to do about ecigs and their have been police raidson vape shops that conficated product.

Last edited:

chesney67

Aug 1, 2010
London
I agree with your post and the point that the market should be promoting more of the products that are simple to use to help people make the switch. Those products are out there, but they just don't get the attention that the new "shiny" 1000 watt mind-control device gets in the community, but that's not unusual in our culture for any product.

I do take exception to the part I quoted above, though. I'm not at all embarrassed that I have to use nicotine, and in my opinion, nobody should be. It's not much different from caffeine, and for me it helps with my moderate A.D.D., so I don't have to take harmful pharma drugs and all their many side-effects. People who have made the smart choice to give up smoking for a safer alternative should not feel any shame in their decision, regardless of the reason they made the switch.
Sorry, I thought that line might not go down well :) I've conquered nicotine before, and caffeine. Caffeine was worse to stay off, life is .... without it. At least caffeine gives you a lift, nicotine just keeps you behaving normally. It was an attempt to explain that nobody really needs to be a nicotine addict. Like a bell ringing line. I can't take the moral high ground, I tried to stop the other day and got to two hours :p

KrausAldo

Dec 8, 2015
The Hungarian parliament accepted the law about vaping and e-cigarettes. The regulations will come in force on the 20th of May, 2016.
The following rules apply for retailing e-cigs or liquids:
- No international shipping is allowed (Not even for personal use)
- No domestic shipping is allowed (Not even for personal use)
- Retailing will be legal for 'National Tobacconists' (Unprofessional, strictly controlled by government, the number is limited.
- Importing is only legal for one and only one company what is also controlled by the government.
- Independent retailing will be completely illegal and people who do so can be sued for over 100000 pounds and possibly up to 2 years prison.
- Product availability is decided by the government. Plus the regular stuff from tpd as well...

First, this will kill small & online businesses instantly, and people will have to spend a fortune for buying vaping stuff. Secondly, I am convinced that many vapers will have no choice than to return to smoking conventional tobacco products. Big tobacco companies won the game again! Do we really need such a regulation, better ban them at all!

tippi771

Nov 2, 2015
Did you know that ? In their secret 6. WHO FCTC Conference, Oct. 2014 in Moscow, the WHO recommended all Member States to prohibit E-Cigarettes. This is a hard nut to crack.. Their vision is a nicotine free
generation in 30 years (or so). And E-Cigarettes are threatening the success of this. Source: the last sentence here: MOH respects Sultan of Johor's order to ban e-cig, vape

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Did you know that ? In their secret 6. WHO FCTC Conference, Oct. 2014 in Moscow, the WHO recommended all Member States to prohibit E-Cigarettes. This is a hard nut to crack.. Their vision is a nicotine free
generation in 30 years (or so). And E-Cigarettes are threatening the success of this. Source: the last sentence here: MOH respects Sultan of Johor's order to ban e-cig, vape

Compared to the WHO, FIFA looks like the epitome of transparency and integrity...

Reactions: tippi771

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
In Scotland - as we would say "Aye right - noo ferkoff an' we'll dae oor ane thing!" Was back in Scotland and in our vape shop this afternoon and talking about the possible impossible future and what did the owner produce and recommend - a DIY "make your own coil"s set and some mech unregulated mods.

I personally am not going back to tobacco....dot....end of story.!

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
In Scotland - as we would say "Aye right - noo ferkoff an' we'll dae oor ane thing!" Was back in Scotland and in our vape shop this afternoon and talking about the possible impossible future and what did the owner produce and recommend - a DIY "make your own coil"s set and some mech unregulated mods.

I personally am not going back to tobacco....dot....end of story.!

Its not the hardware for vaping that will be the problem, its easy to build either a mech or a simple VV/VW device. The big issue will be the Nicotine. The regulations will pretty much squash the industry as we know it. Big Tobacco will become the main supply line for Nicotine. Do you really expect them to keep the price as it is now? As soon as they have the monopoly they will increase the price. This coupled with restricted hardware will force many back to tobacco use. These regulations are not about protecting anything other than big business and tax incomes.

Maytwin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
SW France
Its not the hardware for vaping that will be the problem, its easy to build either a mech or a simple VV/VW device. The big issue will be the Nicotine. The regulations will pretty much squash the industry as we know it. Big Tobacco will become the main supply line for Nicotine. Do you really expect them to keep the price as it is now? As soon as they have the monopoly they will increase the price. This coupled with restricted hardware will force many back to tobacco use. These regulations are not about protecting anything other than big business and tax incomes.
..... plus of course, those on the public health/tobacco control gravy train :-x

Reactions: Foggy Road

tippi771

Nov 2, 2015
I am sure, they will remain on the UK market.. Ok with the TPD2 restrictions. In germany the TPD2 ist only Step 1.. followed by additional Step 2, Step 3.. Step 4. restrictions. They say E-cigarettes
are as harmful as tobacco cigarettes. Nobody from the government cares about the truth.

@Maytwin:
Some time ago the WHO/public health said that caffeine is the new nicotine. :) As if nicotine is already finished, and a new enemy comes in sight.
The evil energy drinks ? There is always a target to shoot down..

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I am sure, they will remain on the UK market.. Ok with the TPD2 restrictions. In germany the TPD2 ist only Step 1.. followed by additional Step 2, Step 3.. Step 4. restrictions. They say E-cigarettes
are as harmful as tobacco cigarettes. Nobody from the government cares about the truth.

@Maytwin:
Some time ago the WHO/public health said that caffeine is the new nicotine. :) As if nicotine is already finished, and a new enemy comes in sight.
The evil energy drinks ? There is always a target to shoot down..

Yup - and I compounded the evil when I first stopped using the tobacco favoured juices with 18 strength "Energy Liquid" flavoured juice - and I loved it! Will stock up with it when I get back to Spain next week!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Hell looks like I might need to stockpile decent VG liquid for my evening pleasure vaping and learn to build coils and get a mod squanker set up or two... I really am not into that sort of thing though but it's either that or stock up on a hell of a lo of Kanger OCC VC .5ohm coils and they ain't cheap

I'm happy enough in the day time with a CF4 and a nautilus at 15W with 1.8ohm coils and any Ry4 at 6mg and around 30VG/70PG

But for the evening I lie higher VG liquids with nice flavouring and bewtwen 25 to 30W and .5ohms....

So what kind of time line are we in the UK really looking at for the end of internet ordering USA VG liquids and .5 ohm coils etc... and B&M shops not being able to sell them...?

Reactions: Falconeer

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
Hell looks like I might need to stockpile decent VG liquid for my evening pleasure vaping and learn to build coils and get a mod squanker set up or two... I really am not into that sort of thing though but it's either that or stock up on a hell of a lo of Kanger OCC VC .5ohm coils and they ain't cheap

I'm happy enough in the day time with a CF4 and a nautilus at 15W with 1.8ohm coils and any Ry4 at 6mg and around 30VG/70PG

But for the evening I lie higher VG liquids with nice flavouring and bewtwen 25 to 30W and .5ohms....

So what kind of time line are we in the UK really looking at for the end of internet ordering USA VG liquids and .5 ohm coils etc... and B&M shops not being able to sell them...?

Not sure exactly when the axe will drop, but the regulations are due to start in May. I suspect that prices will start to increase as people realise that time is running out. A few RDA's or RTA's and some wire wont cost much. Once you get used to building your own coils to get the vape you want, I doubt you would go back to buying ready made coils. When building for a mech you need to do some homework on battery safety, ohms law and heat flux to get the best out of them. It's more effort to begin with and takes a little time to get to your own personal preference's. After the initial learning curve you are rewarded with a very reliable setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread