Any one's lungs hurt if they forget to drink water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
This happens to me in the morning if I reach for the PV before I glug some water. I think you hit it on the head and it is a dehydration thing. Sometimes if I am out and about and forget to bring something to drink, it happens also. I thought I was just sensitive sometimes, but chugging some water always seems to make it go away.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome to ECF , and that's exactly the cause . Not enough water . I usually forget about drinking plenty of water , and when I don't , my lungs hurt . Then after downing a few glasses of water , the pain goes away . So your problem is one that most people have . Water , more water , and even more . I even flavor my water with the assorted Mio's , to make it a bit more palatable .

Wickedwench

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2012
Toledo
Just a quick note on a related oddity.
The first visit I made to my current doctor included reviewing my usual diet. I'm always thirsty and used to drink a lot of soda. My doctor insisted I would feel so much better if I gave up the soda for water or koolade or iced tea. When I pointed out how much sugar I put in tea, she insisted it would still be better for me than soda. She said that something in the carbonation and syrup in soda kept the body from recognizing it as moisture, so it didn't help hydrate me.
I'm the first to admit I thought it was a load of dingo's kidneys. Food Nazis! Extremists!
After 2 years of a gallon of ice tea a day instead of pop, I have to admit she may be on to something. I didn't give up pop entirely, but now I have a can once or twice a week. Thing is, I can feel it now. This lethargy for a couple hours after drinking soda. I use a lot of sugar, but my weight is slowly dropping.
I inject this into this conversation because I have had the same response vaping: if I drink pop instead of tea or water, it feels like I'm not drinking at all! Curious if anyone else has noticed this!

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Just a quick note on a related oddity.
The first visit I made to my current doctor included reviewing my usual diet. I'm always thirsty and used to drink a lot of soda. My doctor insisted I would feel so much better if I gave up the soda for water or koolade or iced tea. When I pointed out how much sugar I put in tea, she insisted it would still be better for me than soda. She said that something in the carbonation and syrup in soda kept the body from recognizing it as moisture, so it didn't help hydrate me.
I'm the first to admit I thought it was a load of dingo's kidneys. Food Nazis! Extremists!
After 2 years of a gallon of ice tea a day instead of pop, I have to admit she may be on to something. I didn't give up pop entirely, but now I have a can once or twice a week. Thing is, I can feel it now. This lethargy for a couple hours after drinking soda. I use a lot of sugar, but my weight is slowly dropping.
I inject this into this conversation because I have had the same response vaping: if I drink pop instead of tea or water, it feels like I'm not drinking at all! Curious if anyone else has noticed this!

Wicked I'm a firm believer.. From someone who worked from home and many hours of any night (on call 24x7) the cola's where my get by drink and at times slugging down an entire 2 liter during those long nights on work or gaming.

After several years of high cholesterol and as of late high sugar and triglycerides I made a deal with my doctor for her to give me 3 months and see what I could do with it. She was so ecstatic my last visit and said she didn't care what I had been doing but to continue doing it since all my numbers were way below their normal levels the prior 4-6 visits.

I didn't take meds nor exercise too much (tho I did try to walk the steps of our home while on conference calls/etc to keep the heart pumpin) but the simple fact is I eliminated all soda/cola drinks from the menu (not even one), started drinking Crystal Lite "Cherry Pomegranate" in a refillable water bottle, and tried to keep within 30 carb units per meal 3-4 times a day. It worked like a charm and I'm down nearly 40lbs from the start. The weight keeps coming off and I'm sure my numbers will be even better now that I'm vaping and not smoking in December on my next checkup.

Definately keep on the water route both for general health and for vaping and I like you always felt it was a big bag of hogwash and Food Nazi's too! I'm a firm believer now and how much better I feel as well the extra energy I have these days.

Cheers,
~Ictinike

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
Hydration is a must for anybody ... smoker, non-smoker, or vaper ... I felt a lot of those types of feelings in the beginning. I'd say the majority of it was the withdrawal symptoms from stopping smoking, but I don't want to discount hydration. You can over-hydrate, but I'll skip that for the sake of the conversation, and just leave it with the fact that if it's dark or clear coming out, then it's not good ... dark = need more water, and clear = cut the water a hair.

The withdrawal symptoms lasted for about three months for me (your mileage may vary.) After that, it was more about the diet and exercise I had in my life. I became far more active once I could actually breathe again, and that was another factor that called for hydration. I stopped being a smoker at the end of this month in 2010, and I am extremely happy that I found this world and ECF!

Jessica PB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Chicago area
yep.....lung hurt, sinuses clogged more than the norm that can be contributed to alllergies, headaches all day x2 weeks, etc. 99.9% of the time increasing hydration handled it for the most part. I was shocked at how badly not drinking enough liquids (water, gatorade, etc) or the wrong liquids could rock my world after quitting smoking. I was probably grossly dehydrated the whole time but things were masked by smoking. drink drink drink!

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
one little thing I found: if you dont' normally tend to drink a lot of water, try icing the heck out of it. For me, if i drink water with a lot of ice in it, i tend to drink x2 or 3 throughout the day if it is ice cold.

This. And also purified water helped me a lot. Our water is absolutely awful in my town, so it's a natural turn-off. Once I filtered it, I really began to prefer (maybe even crave) it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread