Any reviews/opinions on the My Blu Starterset with 4 included pods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    A quick look gives me the impression that it's a rechargeable closed system, meaning you recharge the battery for as long as it lasts but you have to buy replacement pods becuase they are not refillable. Given that, I would be surprised if the pods leak since there is not fill port. If they do leak, it can't be much and it will be at the battery contacts on the pod. To maintain longevity of your system, frequent checking and maintenence of the contacts is always something you should do regardless of whether you buy a closed or open pod system. vaping is more involved than smoking in that regard. Just ckeck the contacts on the battery and pod for leakage ever so often and and clean the contact even if you do not see any leakage.

• Informative
    Reactions: Opinionated
    A quick look gives me the impression that it's a rechargeable closed system, meaning you recharge the battery for as long as it lasts but you have to buy replacement pods becuase they are not refillable. Given that, I would be surprised if the pods leak since there is not fill port. If they do leak, it can't be much and it will be at the battery contacts on the pod. To maintain longevity of your system, frequent checking and maintenence of the contacts is always something you should do regardless of whether you buy a closed or open pod system. Vaping is more involved than smoking in that regard. Just ckeck the contacts on the battery and pod for leakage ever so often and and clean the contact even if you do not see any leakage.
    It'll be in my pocket 98% of the day, nothing really rough. No mouth leaking right? Since some people claim that this can happen, but seems impossible to me. (I'm aware of pods, it's just that i travel alot and need something cheap to take with me which i can maintain and swap pods easily with.)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    No mouth leaking right?

Well mouth leaking can often be due to condensation forming on the chimney and there's not a whole lot you can do about that if it happens. Also, if it's juice and not condensation leaking into your mouth when you vape, you are drawing too hard for that particular device.

One thing people do that supposedly can eliminate or reduce chimney condensation is to keep drawing for a second or two after you have released the fire button. But this method will not work on a pod that is strictly auto-draw since every time you draw the coil will heat up and juice will be vaporized.

Another "remedy" you might find acceptable is to use a small silicone plug that would fit in the mouthpiece hole to stop that condensation from leaking in your pocket. Below is a link for an example of some small silicone plugs that might work if cut to the right size. But without being able to find pictures of the whole in the pod, I can't say if these types of plugs would work, you'd have to shop around.

High Temp Masking Supply 1/32 x 1/8 Inch Silicone Powder Coating Plugs - 10 | eBay

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Howdy,

I wanted to know whether it leaks when you hit it & whether it is somewhat of a good device for it's pricepoint.

Thanks in advance!
    Haven't used the My Blu, but regularly use the Alto, which looks almost identical. I've used others similar. The Alto is great- no issues at all. With pods like those, they don't really leak, but occasionally if it gets too warm in the pocket or car, it'll gurgle a little. Just a little juice in the tube leading to the mouthpiece. Just twist a tiny bit of paper towel about an inch or so long, and push it all the way to the bottom, leave for about 10-15 seconds, and it wicks out any excess.
    upload_2021-6-2_17-22-31.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread