• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any SF vape shops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proxy

Oct 25, 2009
Mountain House, CA
I'm pretty sure the only dedicated vape shop is in Berekely. It's called Vapor Den, and it's on telegraph. Tasty Vapor is in Oakland, and that would be the spot to get juice; they do sell dual coil cartos there too.

Tasty Vapors is a retail location? I knew of their existence, but I wasn't sure if it was a retail location or just their mail/web order address.

I'm really excited to hear that I can drop in and buy some juice from them since they're like 15 minutes away from me!!!

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Personally I'm not a fan of Vaporden, but I wish them well on all of their future endeavors.

Hey CHoKPoP, I was thinking of visiting them, I've never been, but can you tell me why you don't like them before I make a trip there? I'm relatively new to vaping so any info I can get I'll be happy. Thanks!

CHoKPoP

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
usa
Tasty Vapor is kinda in the middle of Fruitvale and Lake Merritt stations. Not too BART friendly.

The reason I don't care for Vaporden is unless you're a total noob who has no idea how to vape, it isn't a place that caters to you. Really high priced juice, $1 per mil. High priced atomizers. $10 for a Joyetech.

Jacque didn't seem to know if he had low resistance cartomizers, but tried to get me to buy it. I wasn't going to trust him that it was LR. In my opinion he seemed dishonest, and grew tired of my questions. He was so annoyed he told me that this is a place for newbies.

Basically telling me that this shop doesn't cater to me. Someone who is informed, someone who does research. That's fine, I take my business elsewhere.

Last edited:

marlon671

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2010
BAY AREA, Ca
Ill have to agree. I was at vapor den about 2 weeks ago for an emergency juice run. I obviously had to buy something since i was totally out of juice. The owner (I'm guessing) was friendly over the phone till i got there. The place is as big as a dorm room. the lounge area was occupied by another employee and his circle of friends. They only know and care about ego type batteries and accessories. PRICES ARE RIDICULOUS! they like to play chef and mix up flavors on the same counter top as the register and with ONE community syringe that is sitting in a glass of water. They let u try whatever flavor you want from there dewey decimal system looking shelves which means what u are buying could be possibly missing a drop or more from its original amount. kinda sucks since you are paying a buck per ml.... when i was in there, they misinformed customers and i wish i had spoke out but i didn't... The Snobby Manager informed the customer that there is no such thing as a variable voltage device in the vaping world (customer was asking about an eGo twist)... This shop honestly feels like they are only in it to profit and not to help people to get off cigs. Totally a noob place as the manager and staff seems like they are noobs themselves. I love the vaping community. every forum i go to, vendors i talk to, and vapors that i encounter are all nothing but friendly folks. these guys at vapor den however, total opposite. think of a gas station in a deserted town. thats how these folks act, almost like i wasn't there. Went there once and never again....

Those semi ok reviews on yelp, they are probably from the owners friends and family. I know I'm being unfair as i only gave them one chance, but that was all i needed to make my decision. Bad Staff. Bad Prices. Bad Quality. Very Bad sanitary practices. Wont be getting my business anymore....
Tasty Vapor is kinda in the middle of Fruitvale and Lake Merritt stations. Not too BART friendly.

The reason I don't care for Vaporden is unless you're a total noob who has no idea how to vape, it isn't a place that caters to you. Really high priced juice, $1 per mil. High priced atomizers. $10 for a Joyetech.

Jacque didn't seem to know if he had low resistance cartomizers, but tried to get me to buy it. I wasn't going to trust him that it was LR. In my opinion he seemed dishonest, and grew tired of my questions. He was so annoyed he told me that this is a place for newbies.

Basically telling me that this shop doesn't cater to me. Someone who is informed, someone who does research. That's fine, I take my business elsewhere.

wolandepiphanius

Darth Wolandvader
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2012
San Francisco, CA
Vapor Den just opened a shop in SF...I also wasn't impressed with the berkeley experience, but I'll visit the sf store and see what's what.

I'm thinking of stopping by after work one day and see what they have, and at what prices. I keep hearing bad impressions about Vapor Den, though, so I'm not really that thrilled they're the ones who opened up shop here.

I bought my first starter eGos for myself & my girlfriend from Vapor Den, and we've directed a few friends to them, certainly they're very focused on the total-newbie crowd, that business has worked well for them and they really helped me out. I've gone back and tried a few other flavors with them, I like the dorm-room space and sitting there chatting about different vaping experiences with other relative newbies. I'll direct other SF friends that are vaping newbies to the new SF store, too, you do pay a premium for their equipment, they have a storefront to support, and they focus their time on teaching newbies how to properly fill a clearo.
They do now carry the Twist batteries (though I bought ours Mailorder for much cheaper).
I wish they carried more variety of juices, and other hardware options, but for what they're trying to do, I think they do a great job and I have to give them credit for helping me get off smokes, so my hat's off to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread