The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Still here?

Discussion in 'SF Bay Area' started by Tarja, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tarja

Tarja Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 27, 2014
    Paicines, CA
    I'm surprised at the inactivity of the SF Bay area forums, considering the number of people that I know alone that vape. Not to mention, the number of shops in the surrounding area(s).

2. ILoveNorCal

ILoveNorCal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Nor•Cal
    It's surprising to me as well.

maybe it's poorly named, maybe it should be renamed to Northern California Vapers -- like the So Cal one isn't called LA County vapers.

3. Berylanna

Berylanna Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Considering how much has been going on legislatively in this area, I'm very concerned. For one thing, more and more cities are banning indoor vaping, making vape meets harder to organize. Stefan sent me this in email:

4. ILoveNorCal

ILoveNorCal Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2014
    Nor•Cal
    I got a response from Dianne Feinstein (supposedly) this morning in regards to a CASAA Call to action form letter I sent last week. I started a new thread in the CASAA section in hopes to get some support in writing a reply to her.

I agree with you, that we need to be proactive about legislation on a local, state, and Federal level. But specifically State and Local as we can't rely on others to do it for us.

5. vicbreh

vicbreh Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Fairfield CA 707
    yep still here buddy

6. eratikmind

eratikmind Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

7. Berylanna

Berylanna Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I strongly suggest that any people who are facebook users also join the California Vaping Advocacy page, it's new(-ish) and tries to keep up with California legislation similarly to how CASAA keeps up with federal and state nationwide. Or, join Vaping Militia (yes I hate the name but these folks are REALLY good and really effective!!! Their focus is helping at the county and city level, and twice in a row when I've gone to a vaping convention CASAA and VM have shared a table, getting as many people as possible to pay attention to both. The battle against outdoor smoking bans was lost on a city-by-city basis, not a national basis. We have to win on BOTH fronts if we don't want to end up building our own replacement mods and buying black-market nicotine or being afraid of getting evicted or fined for vaping INSIDE our own place unless you are rich-enough (or, like me OLD-enough) to own a freestanding house that does not share any walls with anybody else's house. People keep saying this is unenforceable. Watch, I think you'll find that enforcement happens quite quickly in rent-controlled areas! Or areas where gentrification is accelerating. In other words, it gives people a bogus excuse to go after people they want to get rid of for other reasons.

8. sketchness

sketchness Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    It would be nice if this was name to be Norther California inclusive. Crazy how quiet it is when there are 25 solid shops in Sacto. Not to mention all the head shop\cigarette store type places.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.