• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Considering how much has been going on legislatively in this area, I'm very concerned. For one thing, more and more cities are banning indoor vaping, making vape meets harder to organize. Stefan sent me this in email:

I hope to see you Aug 2nd at Tasty Vapor in Oakland, 5pm-10pm for the 5th anniversary and vape meet out there?

ILoveNorCal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2014
Nor•Cal
I got a response from Dianne Feinstein (supposedly) this morning in regards to a CASAA Call to action form letter I sent last week. I started a new thread in the CASAA section in hopes to get some support in writing a reply to her.

I agree with you, that we need to be proactive about legislation on a local, state, and Federal level. But specifically State and Local as we can't rely on others to do it for us.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
I strongly suggest that any people who are facebook users also join the California Vaping Advocacy page, it's new(-ish) and tries to keep up with California legislation similarly to how CASAA keeps up with federal and state nationwide. Or, join Vaping Militia (yes I hate the name but these folks are REALLY good and really effective!!! Their focus is helping at the county and city level, and twice in a row when I've gone to a vaping convention CASAA and VM have shared a table, getting as many people as possible to pay attention to both. The battle against outdoor smoking bans was lost on a city-by-city basis, not a national basis. We have to win on BOTH fronts if we don't want to end up building our own replacement mods and buying black-market nicotine or being afraid of getting evicted or fined for vaping INSIDE our own place unless you are rich-enough (or, like me OLD-enough) to own a freestanding house that does not share any walls with anybody else's house. People keep saying this is unenforceable. Watch, I think you'll find that enforcement happens quite quickly in rent-controlled areas! Or areas where gentrification is accelerating. In other words, it gives people a bogus excuse to go after people they want to get rid of for other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread