Any solutions to eroll leaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tatterz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
dfw, tx
My erolls started leaking after several weeks but it never leaked outside of the ecig. Juice does get on the bottom of the cartridge though but it never leaves the eRoll's body. I think its just because of the tabs being weakened over time as I constantly fill it. I'm going to buy more cartridges and use a needle to fill it and not fill via lifting up the tabs.

sams

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
United States
I even used very thin 100%pg juice even that didnt leak

I guess leaking isn't necessarily right, more seeping. Halfway through the tank it starts seeping out of the seam between the cone and tank. Worse if left laying on it's side when the seeping juice can contact something that acts as a kind of magnet. I used 50/50, and mostly pg, both did the same thing, but higher pg worse. I don't really care for higher vg juice. I was just wondering if anyone has tried modifying it to prevent the issue. I have read a lot of others have the same problem. I thought about spraying the tank cap with liquid electricians tape, but not sure it would last and plus i don't really want to seep those chemicals even if it's fully dried.

It may just be juice condensating (sp?) inside the cone and eventually seeping out of the seam.

Last edited:

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
The eRoll shouldn't leak when performing correctly. I am using an 80pg/20vg juice that is very thin and have no leaks at all. You can try a different tank. How are you filling the tanks? If you are taking off the top cap to fill, they can get weakened and leak. Check out the eRoll sub forum though for more tips.

sams

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
United States
Never had a leak in either of mine...condensation, yes. A bit of slickness inside the cone, yes. A quick wipe-down w/a paper towel and no problem. I imagine "leaking" as being more significant than that, but others may not...

A leak to me (whether from condensation or actual leakage) is when i set the unit down, and pick it up in 15-20 minutes and it leaves residue on the table. Often I pick it up and there's juice on the side and a little where it was sitting, nothing substantial, but still inconvenient. I have three carts and they all do the same thing, have used 8-10 different juices and though the vg based juices seem to not have as big of an issue, I still experience the same thing regardless. The longer it sits the bigger the seepage. I know if you pull too hard it can cause too much suction and pull more juice through than you can vape, it will eventually find it's way out (or into the battery)...I learned that right away. Again, whether it's a common problem or not, I was just curious if someone had found a nice solution to avoid it, like anybody tried an very thin o-ring or something. I understand what you guys are saying about yours not leaking and you not having any issues, but that doesn't really answer my question for the unfortunate ones who do.

Anybody who has had seepage issues come up with a solution for the eroll?

Maybe what I need to do is figure out how to seal the cone and tank seam better...maybe it's all just juice condensing inside the cone as I vape. I may try something like this and let you guys know.

Last edited:

sams

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
United States
Never had a leak in either of mine...condensation, yes. A bit of slickness inside the cone, yes. A quick wipe-down w/a paper towel and no problem. I imagine "leaking" as being more significant than that, but others may not...

alisa1970 - just saw you're in pdx...any good vape lounges/bars around where you can try decent e-juices? The only one i've found is in vancouver, bubba's something, but they only have two brands one is pretty good and the other is ok.

sams

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
United States
I would imagine that the cart is worn out, does it happen with brand new carts?

Yeah brand new...maybe it's just something i'm doing wrong. Can one of you guys send me a pic of what your cart and inside of cone looks like after vaping a full cart? I usually have pretty sizable dabs of juice in both areas. I'm curious if i'm getting more condensation than most? Dunno.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
alisa1970 - just saw you're in pdx...any good vape lounges/bars around where you can try decent e-juices? The only one i've found is in vancouver, bubba's something, but they only have two brands one is pretty good and the other is ok.

I hope this doesn't sound wrong or snobby or something, but I've not really looked that hard, because I vape so that I don't smoke. I didn't hang out in bars when I smoked, so I don't really seek out the vaping "culture" now.

Even still, I haven't really seen ANY vaping friendly establishments around, except for smoke/head shops. There is a new vaping shop that I need to drop by. It's close to my work but far from where I live. It's called Escape Vapor Lounge, in NE close to the Banfield Freeway: 2121 Ne 82nd Ave.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/133562/escapeape.html

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
Tried to take a picture with my cell phone, but couldn't get a clear picture of inside the cone. I get a little condensation but never enough to leak out onto a table or even my fingers. I had a leak once but I had just overfilled when I got black tanks. There have been a couple people with serious leaks. One was weakening the top of the tank by popping it open each time to refill. The other had a PCC without the grooves inside and had leaks. He got a new pcc and everything was good. There may have been more examples that I don't remember. Look through the eRoll subforum for posts about leaks.

sams

Verified Member
May 30, 2013
United States
I hope this doesn't sound wrong or snobby or something, but I've not really looked that hard, because I vape so that I don't smoke. I didn't hang out in bars when I smoked, so I don't really seek out the vaping "culture" now.

Even still, I haven't really seen ANY vaping friendly establishments around, except for smoke/head shops. There is a new vaping shop that I need to drop by. It's close to my work but far from where I live. It's called Escape Vapor Lounge, in NE close to the Banfield Freeway: 2121 Ne 82nd Ave.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/members/133562/escapeape.html

i just meant a place where you can go try juices without having to buy first then try, then throw away the ones you don't like :) The one in vancounver is just a counter that allows you to test the juices before you buy...a great concept. i found several there i liked and many i hated, glad they let me figure out which was which before i bought.

oh let me know if you stop by there and it's any good?

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
There's a shop on the west-side that just started carrying NW Vapor juices, but I'm not sure if they'll let you sample first.

My experience has been that if I get a small bottle (7 ml or less) to try, I usually end up vaping it even if I don't like it much. The rest, I'll reorder. Some I didn't like, I end up liking better later on.

But it is nice to try before you buy if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread