Any sort of e-liquid directory/rating thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
I was wondering if you have any sort of thread that has a directory to the different makers, plus the flavors made by each, and some sort of voting system such as the ability to rate a flavor from 1 to 10 points, with 1 being terrible and 10 being amazing? I ask this as there are tons of juices out there, and while obviously taste is subjective, it would be very useful to be able to say "well juice X has a 95% positive rating and so as a newbie to the hobby, this is probably a good liquid to start with". As of right now, I go through older threads here to look for patterns in terms of what most people give the thumbs up, and that has helped. Subsequently, I think having it all in one location would be pretty awesome...what are your thoughts? Worthwhile or a little silly?

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
A directory might work if you split it into two sections: Noobie and Veteran.

The reason is, most new vapers are looking for something which duplicates the taste of their regular cigarette brand, whereas many veterans come to prefer juices which are nothing like analogs.

For the noobie section, it would be helpful for the contributors to state their ciggie brand preference.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
That spreadsheet was an interesting read. It definitely indicates that there are some trends in favorite flavors and favorite brands...that could be helpful in a world of a billion juices.

I see what you guys are saying about noobs vs. OGs...so you would almost need a "tobacco-like liquids" and "non-tobacco-like liquids" section. I think a continuous list would be better than just a single vote though. Then people could post all their most (and least) favorite flavors, and write why (ex: "nice throat hit", "spicy but sweet", "mild hint of fruit over tea", "excellent smoke production").

billherbst

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
I remember laughing when I first saw the results for 2011 Juice of the Year. Copper Creek House Blend took the prize with the whopping total of 27 votes. Not exactly what we'd call a Presidential Election turnout, or even Podunk City Dog Catcher. More like School Board Liaison for the local PTA. LOL.

Not to bad rap the idea. The thread just didn't garner many voters. Oh well, who said that statistical sample sizes were relevant to anything?

(Disclaimer: I voted for Bounty Hunter.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread