Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2015
Pa
I'm looking for an e juice that is not real sweet. I thought I liked just tobacco ejuice but I can't find tone I like so am interested in a good company or flavor that's not too sweet. I just tried a sampler pack from halo of their tobacco flavors and couldn't find one I liked out of 6 different flavors....they all tasted like chemicals. I'm not a dessert or fruit eater so I don't even know what category to try. I would love some suggestions...thanks

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I get mine from Wizard Labs, but there are a few other very good ones. You're correct tho- some can be bad. Try buying samples- they're very cheap. Shouldn't have much taste, smell, or color if it's good.

Or try some in a brick n mortar store, they're many now in PA. Pittsb, Philly, and Scranton area have the most. Lancaster area has a few. Allentwn-B-E area has a few too.

Last edited:

Ladybear

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2015
    Pa
    Thanks I will try a local shop to see if they have it. I go to one local shop that is really friendly but tasting their e juice is always so confusing to me. I bought some good ones but I also bought some yucky ones that I thought I liked there. They don't use very good equipment to taste the juice and I guess it taste different there than at home. I currently have about 6 bottles I thought I liked there and can't vape them once I got them home. My fault not theirs but once I start tasting they all taste the same...lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HuckTwain

Feb 10, 2015
    Mississippi River
    No fruit, no dessert, no mint, and very little sweetness limits your choices. This would leave you with nutty flavors like hazelnut, almond, amaretto, peanut butter, etc. And coffees, maybe chocolate, herbs, ginger, teas, and bourbons. Tobacco flavors might work as well, if you find the right one.

Try A Quiet Morning by Alice in Vapeland. It's a mild tea with very little sweetness. Or just get a sample pack from them. Even though you can only order on Tue and Wed, and their orders take forever, it will be worth it. Or just find a local shop with the line.

In general though, you probably like more flavors than you think. I was in the same boat as you because I tried a bunch of crappy online vendors where all the juices were overpowering (no complexity), too sweet, and/or had a chemical taste. Halo was one of them. As was Mt. Baker, Space Jam, Alien Visions, and Fuzion.

Once I found Five Pawns, Alice in Vapeland, and Ripe, I quickly started finding my taste preferences. It just took a few vendors with more complexity to do it. Five Pawns is on the expensive side, but they have awesome sampler packs from two different lines (10 total), and their shipping is free 2nd or 3rd day. Castle Long is a good one. Alice in Vapeland is less complex, but you can tell they put time into their juices. It's quality stuff.

Either way, keep hunting. I'll be trying Ahlusion, Nicoticket, and Heather's Heavenly Vapes over the next month or so. Tasting is half the fun.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2015
    Pa
    Lol .....that's why I am having a hard time......on top of that ...I don't like hazelnut and don't drink coffe. On the bright side I do like tea and I'll have to go hunting for one....but a quiet morning sounds great...will give them a try and heard good things at Alice in vapeland so I also check out the castle long.. Didn't know you could only order on Tuesday or wed. I'll look at the other vendors you mentioned also. Also gonna try some unflavored. I also might like some flavored tobacco but I don't know if I would like a pipe vape but might give that a chance.....wonder if they are harsh...I love a good throat hit but nothing real strong if that makes sense.

HuckTwain

Feb 10, 2015
    Mississippi River
    Lol .....that's why I am having a hard time......on top of that ...I don't like hazelnut and don't drink coffe. On the bright side I do like tea and I'll have to go hunting for one....but a quiet morning sounds great...will give them a try and heard good things at Alice in vapeland so I also check out the castle long.. Didn't know you could only order on Tuesday or wed. I'll look at the other vendors you mentioned also. Also gonna try some unflavored. I also might like some flavored tobacco but I don't know if I would like a pipe vape but might give that a chance.....wonder if they are harsh...I love a good throat hit but nothing real strong if that makes sense.

Yeah Castle Long is kind of a tobacco flavor, you might not like the nutty flavors though. The only other tobacco flavor I've liked so far is Bandit by California Vaping Company. I know a lot of people that like it and they don't even like tobacco flavors.

Ladybear

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2015
    Pa
    I like nuts...just not hazelnut ...... It always taste like those artificial flavored creamers you put in coffee or tea. I need some extra tanks so I can get flavors like maybe nutty that I don't want to smoke all day. I do like tobacco flavors but I think halos started pack turned me off with the chemical smell and yet so many people like theirs ....the chemicals were so prevalent when I opened up the tin. I keep opening the bottles and letting them steep and hope the chemical smell will disapate.

duc916

ECF Veteran
    Jul 10, 2012
    Nor Cal
    Seems that most people justify the premium pricing with the usual "still cheaper than tobacco" argument, but when there are vendors out there like MBV priced at $0.15 per ml, vs $1.00 per ml for many "premium" juices, you have to ask yourself if the premiums are really worth it... due diligence is required.

There are plenty of juices from premium vendors like Five Pawns, Suicide Bunny, Space Jam, EliqCube, etc. that I enjoy, but I'm finding that their high prices don't make them immune from what they call olfactory fatigue.... after a while they just don't taste like they used to and I get sick of them, no matter what juice, so in my mind they don't deserve the prices they sell them for.

amoret

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 2, 2013
    Sharon, ND, USA
    I also don't like sweet flavors and I'll add my vote to the Tea suggestion. One of my two main flavors (half day vapes?) is Earl Grey Tea. I make my own now, but I used to get it from Vaperite. Of course I also tried a Mint Black Tea that was way over sweetened. My other main one is a Burley Tobacco with Menthol.

After trying a lot of fruits the only ones that didn't seem too sweet were some citrus and pineapple flavors. And I'm kind of fond of a Cranapple that I invented myself. Oddly enough, English Toffee doesn't seem all that sweet, more rich than sweet. And don't worry about drinking coffee - the coffee flavored liquids bear no resemblance to the real thing. :D

Ladybear

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 10, 2015
    Pa
    Lots of suggestions. I am for sure going to get some unflavored juice and some tea flavors. I figured with the unflavored I could mellow out some tobacco flavors that I have. I wonder what else you can add to the tobacco flavors to get rid of the strong taste? I still haven't given up on tobacco ... I just haven't found the one I like. I really don't know the difference between burley, virginia, cavendish, etc tobaccos. I know cigar I won't like but cherry tobacco or vanilla tobacco sounds interesting.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread