Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
That Apple sounds really nice. I would love to have something that smells like actual Apple rather than Apple candy
Actual apples will smell different to you than the next person though. To make it harder those chemicals that make apples smell like apples TO YOU may not actually be safe to breathe in large amounts. I fear we are limited to the flavorings we are limited to. Just because you find a food flavoring that tastes like you want it to doesn’t mean it’s not damaging when heated and turned into a mist. “Natural” flavorings are particularly untested because what “natural” actually means these days is not that it comes from the actual object, but that there is a loophole in the law that makes these things salable without any kind of testing at all. There is no difference in law between “natural” and “naturally sourced” which means they can take any chemical they feel like and if they can get it from an organism somehow, even if it’s the exact same chemical that wouldn’t be allowed in an “artificial” flavor, it can now be put in a “natural” one.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Actual apples will smell different to you than the next person though. To make it harder those chemicals that make apples smell like apples TO YOU may not actually be safe to breathe in large amounts. I fear we are limited to the flavorings we are limited to. Just because you find a food flavoring that tastes like you want it to doesn’t mean it’s not damaging when heated and turned into a mist. “Natural” flavorings are particularly untested because what “natural” actually means these days is not that it comes from the actual object, but that there is a loophole in the law that makes these things salable without any kind of testing at all. There is no difference in law between “natural” and “naturally sourced” which means they can take any chemical they feel like and if they can get it from an organism somehow, even if it’s the exact same chemical that wouldn’t be allowed in an “artificial” flavor, it can now be put in a “natural” one.

I was really just referring to a flavor made for/into vape juice that imitates real apples or at least attempts to rather than purposefully trying to make it taste like a sour apple Jolly Rancher. Like a less sweet only marginally sour apple flavor meant specifically for or at least regularly used in ejuice type apple.. I mean of course taste smell like dislike all of that is very subjective but I would argue that most people asked to smell an apple Jolly Rancher and then smell a piece of Apple would be able to pick which one was which. That being said I do very much appreciate the reminder of safety and Sensibility when referring to anything that you put in your body but specifically things that you're putting in your lungs :)

Last edited:

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
The tea extracts at Real Extracts are very good. They are not sweetened and are unique natural flavors made from high grade teas.
A couple examples:
earl-gray.jpg

pomegranate.jpg

It's funny that you should mention tea because just a little while ago I was wondering if there was something like a green tea e-juice because I really think I would enjoy that :)

I have been doing DIY for a while, originally just because of the overly sweet flavors. Tea is my favorite group, and beside me right now are Earl Grey (the closest I have to an all day vape) and Jasmine Tea.*

I don't even remember which brand it was that had an excellent Earl Grey Tea when I was still buying commercial liquid, but it is out there.

* The Jasmine tea flavor was a lucky find when I was doing a large Inawera order - something must have happened in translation because it's listed as 'Spring Green Tea' and Jasmine is only mentioned in the description.

Reactions: AvaOrchid
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread