Any thoughts on the VV ego style battery? Not the twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
I was making my normal rounds on the Internet looking at whats new and whats on sale and ran across something i might like to have. Being i have only been vaping for just over a month now, most everything catches my eye and i feel like i want it. It seems no matter what i get involved in i always want to call it a "collection" . My latest idea for a "collection" is Ego and ego style batteries. If i count the one's Not made by joyetech then it could be a large collection to acquire.
But thats another story and for now i will just go with what i like and then see where it goes from there.
The latest item i have in mind is a ego style battery that is a VV with digital display. I read somewhere that they are Not joyetech made but there are other ego style batteries that are not joyetech and seem to be liked by many people.
So i am asking for thought's,idea's and suggestions on this device. I have only seen it on 2 or 3 sites and just ran across it last night so i haven't had much time to look/search for reviews or any type of info on it.
Thanks again and have a great weekend.

EGOvV123.jpg

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
So that includes the Kgo's? I guess i should do more research before asking anymore questions. I would think most if not all the parts are the same and it all depends on who put them together.
If in fact they are made of inferior parts then that is a shame .i have ran across some odd looking designs on one site in particular .
And the Mini ego. What could be cuter? hahaha

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
GIMike,
I've seen those and probably would have got something like that if the twist wasn't around at the time i started vaping. The one i seen had a color code of sorts to tell what voltage it was on at the time.
After reading what you posted about the voltage being basicly cut down from full power rather then stepping it up so to speak. I'am glad i didnt end up with one as my first PV.
Oh , and as for that last one looking like something your "girlfriend would us".. Now i understand why my wife took a second look at it when i pointed it out to her on the site. hahaha
Thanks for the response and have a great weekend.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have an ego-style battery that you click 5 times to change between 4.2, 3.7, and 3.2. It works fine. But, since it has no 5-click cut-off for safely carrying it in my purse, I don't use it. And, now I have the Twist, so no need anymore.

But, it works just fine. It's what I used to use for some juices that needed a little more power to taste right.

And, speaking of knock-offs, most of my ego batteries are really knock-offs. They work just fine. I've had them for a year, and they still work fine.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Anything I bought, I would use the search option at the top right of the page to call up threads that talked about it. I'd Google it and see what other people outside of ECF had to say.

It doesn't hurt to listen to others' opinions before spending hard earned cash, especially these days. That's one reason why I like Amazon so much.

Last edited:

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
I guess you could relate EGO and EGOknockoff to the brakes on ur car. If you use cheap brakes no telling what "could" happen, although rarely does anything really dangerous happen there have been occasions under extreme use they blaze up on fire or wear quickly causing you to invest more... I am so talking about brakes:) Kinda the same thing lol

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
When i first started vaping just over a month ago i started with one of those Tobacco store cigarette look-a-likes and after a few days of that and maybe one day of having two put together side by side in my desperate attempt to get more vapor i ordered 2 ego twist 1000's and a load of other stuff along with a few flavors of juice. The day it came my wife took one of my twist away for herself ( i knew it was going to happen thats why i got one in stainless and one in black so she had her choice) and both her and i have been vaping full time ever sense. With that i had to order a back up battery so when one of us was charging the other could use the back up. it was on sale and was advertised as a Ego 900 mah but after a few days of close inspection i can see that it could very well be a 'knock-off' aswell. but it seems to do very well and i use it as my carry/knock around PV. It does not have the 5 click button saftey either so i got one of those button covers and it is not very good about staying on because it just slides over.
Take care and have a nice weekend.And as of this afternoon my wife got her matching pink twist and i got my stainless twist back.
I have an ego-style battery that you click 5 times to change between 4.2, 3.7, and 3.2. It works fine. But, since it has no 5-click cut-off for safely carrying it in my purse, I don't use it. And, now I have the Twist, so no need anymore.

But, it works just fine. It's what I used to use for some juices that needed a little more power to taste right.

And, speaking of knock-offs, most of my ego batteries are really knock-offs. They work just fine. I've had them for a year, and they still work fine.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Anything I bought, I would use the search option at the top right of the page to call up threads that talked about it. I'd Google it and see what other people outside of ECF had to say.

It doesn't hurt to listen to others' opinions before spending hard earned cash, especially these days. That's one reason why I like Amazon so much.
Yes Dave thats how i came to get my ego twist. i was in the market for more vapor so i did a google search and found this site and after signing up and reading a few post and being overwhelmed with info i went to the chat option and after a short introduction i ask for help and was advised about the twist. After logging in and out and asking first one then another question i got all the info i needed to get going and then i have been vaping and reading threads ever sense,lol
Take care and have a great weekend.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
Well SLB has a new product.

Electronic cigarettes|Electronic cigarette manufacturer|SLB E-cigarette|Sailebao Technology

002.gif

A true VV USB battery (note it's not a passthrough, it just charges a battery).

I'm old school though and can't forgive SLB for the junk they made in the past.

Thats looks alot like what i was looking at getting but a little different. If i do decide to start collecting ego and ego style batteries i will most likely have to have one. hahaha.
Thanks for the link and have a great weekend.

RobertH

Moved On
Jul 9, 2012
I guess you could relate EGO and EGOknockoff to the brakes on ur car. If you use cheap brakes no telling what "could" happen, although rarely does anything really dangerous happen there have been occasions under extreme use they blaze up on fire or wear quickly causing you to invest more... I am so talking about brakes:) Kinda the same thing lol

Thats a very interesting way of looking at it SpringzVz. I like to figure in the odd's also. Like what are the odd's my breaks will go out and what are the odd's i will be going down hill and Not up hill when and if they do. Like what are the odd's the battery will fail and what are the odd's it will blow up rather then shut off for good or stop taking a charge.
At this point i have the device i will be using most often and a back up, so anything i get thats not better then that will be more or less just had as an addition to my collection.
Thanks and have a great weekend.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
My ego twist fell off the kitchen table thanks to my big round tank and now it doesn't work. So I'm back to my VV ego knock offs. I may have to try that SLB batt though before ordering another twist.

**edit** nevermind, apparently they're not available for regular consumers through that link, and it looks like they also only come in 650 mah. I need at least a 900 or bigger :)

Last edited:

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
eGo vs. knockoff can be quite a complex discussion. A perfect example is the Riva, which can be called a knock-off but is argualbly better than the Joyetech eGo in many ways. I've had other "eGo" batteries of unknown origin, like the eGo LCDs that were around for a little while, that are fantastic. I've also seen some variable voltage "ego" models that didn't deliver as promised and some that simply fell apart. Non-Joye eGos aren't all bad, but it can be really difficult to tell the difference.

njay23

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
West Deptford, NJ
My ego twist fell off the kitchen table thanks to my big round tank and now it doesn't work. So I'm back to my VV ego knock offs. I may have to try that SLB batt though before ordering another twist.

**edit** nevermind, apparently they're not available for regular consumers through that link, and it looks like they also only come in 650 mah. I need at least a 900 or bigger :)

I have found the twists aren't very forgiving when dropped. I had one roll off the counter like yours and it died, and another I dropped only a short distance and it broke the button. That's 2 twists in less than a month! I wish they'd start making Kgo vv's. They've always been great batteries IMO and they can take a beating too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread