Anybody else refill your carts like this . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't bother with taking out the fill. I simply push it down or push to the side and sponge it then pull fill back up.

Same here. The fill first idea doesn't seem as easy to me. Maybe it depends on which style e-cig you're using. ???

With my pen-style, the fill/stuffing in new cartridges is glued a little to one edge and the bottom, and they seem to work the best when they're "fresh" like that. When they're still attached to the bottom, there's no sudden mouthful of juice; and when they're attached along the side, the stuffing is all nicely distributed, all the way to the top.

I'm still pretty new to vaping, but I can see doing that if you're filling a batch of them with new poly, or washed and re-used wool - or whatever - but messy to take out and put back in if you're REfilling during the day. Is that what you were talking about, or am I missing something? I've been using so many paper towels and tissues to wipe up nic-juice, that I now have a roll of t.p. sitting by my computer, and another one in the living room. :rolleyes:

I jumped in here because I'm still trying to get the hang of some kind of a system that isn't too tedious for cleaning and filling carts (I'm too cheap to toss the used ones). I've spent hours and hours reading on this site already, and I was looking for a good thread on that when I ran across your post this evening ... just curious about how other people do things.

Computer Extreme

Unregistered Supplier
May 2, 2009
nevada
esmoke4life.com
The "added a little coffee stirrer/tube mod works great." Fluid goes down to the bottom without pooling up realy fast.

just jam a short tube 1/16th" or smaller say about half an inch long down the side of most filters. Lets the air in while filling and is less messy when topping off.
As far as messy 801 re-filling? flick it down a bit before removing the filter.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Wegster, you leave the filler in the cartridge, right? You push the filler down with the syringe and start filling it?

Yep. I'm still trying to sort the 'perfect syringe,' I have a 20 gauge sharp, which can generally go right through most poly without 'deforming it,' or slides easily along the cart side to the bottom (with poly left intact), and a few blunt 18-22 gauge, which are 'safe,' but you sort of have to 'nudge' the poly slightly to slide alongside it. Either way, I try to deform/crush the poly filler as little as possible.

Majestic

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 11, 2009
    N.E. Wisconsin
    I've found the easiest way for me is to use tweezers to pull out the filler. Then I fill the empty cart with 4 or 5 drops of juice. When I replace the filler I press it down slightly to force juice into the material and then pull it back up to the end of the cart. I then top it off with 1 or 2 additional drops.

I've also been re-using the plastic 15ml juice bottles for re-filling. I find these squeeze bottles are easier to use and less messy than the eye droppers and contain more juice than the 3ml plastic travel bottles. When the 15ml bottle starts to run empty, I re-fill from the bigger 30ml container.

framitz

Moved On
    May 24, 2009
    RSM, CA
    I use a syringe and needle with the tip of the needle dulled then polished. I am able to easily wiggle the tip past the stuffing without compressing it. Then I just slowly inject and fill from bottom up. No air bubbles and the cart is completely saturated. While vaping I top off the cart with drops as needed, but run it almost dry once in a while and refill from bottom up to flush any old juice to the top.

I dull and polish the needle tip to prevent accidental punctures, and having it dulled and polished helps it to easily slip past the cart stuffing.

If the syringe isn't handy then I use the method described by NPerez.

Joe Joe

ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2009
    Floss Angeles
    so many ways of refilling a cart, wouldn't be pulling out the fill from the car, fill the cart with juice and put the fill back in the cart be faster and easier than syringes, cut up straws, dripping, waiting, soaking and doing it again, and of course. . . toothpicks.

You guys are awesome! You all need Phd's in Vapectomy!!

Everybody has their own methods. Thee is no real answer for this. It's all subjective to personal taste. So, Vape on wish syringes, toothpicks, straws, chipmunks and every other device you have that will make your vaping experience better. I love vaping, so should you.

**Post Script - I just took an Ambien so forgive me for posting and taking 30 seconds of your time you won't get back. I know how it feels. Damn Forum!!!!

Love you guys! Peace out 5000G :yawn:

The "added a little coffee stirrer/tube mod works great." Fluid goes down to the bottom without pooling up realy fast.
    just jam a short tube 1/16th" or smaller say about half an inch long down the side of most filters. Lets the air in while filling and is less messy when topping off.

I finally tried the little tube idea. I didn't have plastic coffee stirrers, but found some cotton-tipped, hollow, plastic ones in my bathroom cupboard, and cut one to fit just a little below the cart edge. No worries - my life is good now. Lol. Seriously, I can't believe how great it's working, and how much more juice I can put in, and no more mess: no pushing and pulling up cart filling to get air bubbles out. I don't have to mess with it all day - just drip away, and it soaks right to the bottom of the cart. I also discovered that - for the 801 carts - the size that I cut ended up being exactly one-inch long. Thanks!

My new motto: Save a paperclip ... cut a tube.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread