Anybody have trouble with a sore throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie the Rat

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Stroudsburg PA.
Howdy folks. I've been using my bloog for more than 24 days now. Haven't had an analog in 24 days. The last four or five days I've been getting a sore throat. I do use it an awful lot so maybe I'm just over vapeing. I've been using about 2 carts a day mostly the 24 mg menthol. Any body have a similar problem? Any advice? I was wondering if I went to 16 mg if that would help. Could it be too much nicotine? Also I'm still coughing up crap, I thought it would have stopped by now. Is this still from 40 years of analogs? Has anybody else experienced this? I have been trying to drink more water, how much is enough? Thanks folks.

analog

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Was it something I said?
I've had very little coughing, but some sore throat in the first few days, and some more in the last few days. I'm not counting days but would guess I'm about where you are so far as time vaping. Don't know if it is related but I've been vaping a couple menthols which is new to me, and had a few times of, hmmm, not sure my throat likes this. Found that surprising because I figured the menthol would have the opposite effect. On the water, I've always been a water drinker, but my current water intake is probably about 2-3x what it usually is this time of year. I carry a quart sized water bottle everywhere which I use to measure intake. I don't count water with meals, toothbrushing etc as I keep that steady year round. Whereas typically I'd go through one of the quart bottles, I'm filling it 2-3 times a day now. Surprisingly I don't think this is anywhere near too much based on nowhere near a 2-3x increase in urine production and clarity (no I don't actually "measure" that!).

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
About 3 weeks into it I also had a sore throat. I read that drinking more water should help, and it did. Sore throat gone after a couple days. I didn't add tons of water to my usual routine -- generally I'll go through one 12 oz bottle in the afternoon. But I added another 8-12 oz in the evening, instead of my usual Coke, and it really did help.

MoonDance

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
"Get your Bloog on! USA
I'm at about the 3 week mark and all the trees and flowers and grasses are producing massive amounts of pollen right now.
This time of year I have the ickiest post nasal drip and cough more than usual. Haven't noticed more than last years problems when I was on analogs, except that I have much better lung capacity.

It makes sense that as we stop coating the cilia in lungs with tar that they will become increasingly active and do their job of expelling irritants in the lungs. I think with the recovery and added water that productive cough would be a normal thing, we have coated our lungs with decades of tar and gunk.

pmos69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2011
Portugal
VG tends to leave some sort of "coating" in your mouth and makes me have to drink more water.
Probably because VG is more hygroscopic than PG.
It indeed feels sweeter, and my guess is most people end up enjoying it for that reason, but for my tobacco tastes, it's not always the best thing.
Something like up to 70/30 PG/VG does seem more "rounded" to me, yes, but 100% PG is usually fine.

starsong

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
SoCal
Well pg will do that. Mine didnt go away, it got worse as the months went by. After i switched to vg problem dissapeared. I tried going back to pg for the bloog cartos, but it came back in a flash.. PG is much more harsh on the throat. VG gives a softer hit. Tastes more rounded and a bit sweeter.

I wonder if you have a mild allergy to PG. Not a 'breaking out in a rash' type, but it just disagrees with you.

stoprealones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Just my two cents,I,too had a severe sore throat for a LONG time,not the typical passing one that sometimes new vaperers(sp) get. Mine was an ongoing problem. I will tell you from my own personal experience,once I changed to 50/50 vg/pg mix,it stopped. Also, up your intake of water; that helped me,too.
Some people can't vape pg at all,so this is also a consideration: I was so happy when I learned that the simple change to a 50/50 mix stopped the problem in its tracks.
Hope this will help you :)

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
Well pg will do that. Mine didnt go away, it got worse as the months went by. After i switched to vg problem dissapeared. I tried going back to pg for the bloog cartos, but it came back in a flash.. PG is much more harsh on the throat. VG gives a softer hit. Tastes more rounded and a bit sweeter.

I'll second that!! And what most people refer to as "throat hit" just means a sore throat to me... LOL!! Also, even inhaling wrong once in a while will even do that to me, as well as chain vaping. A 50/50 mix is about as much as I can tolerate, but I prefer as much VG as possible!! (and you get a lot more vapor, too)

I also smoked for 40 yrs. and I want to congratulate you on making the switch!! I've been vaping for 8 months now and I just love it.. all my best to you!! :thumb:

P.S. The nic level shouldn't make any difference, either. If what you are using right now is working for you, I wouldn't take the chance on lowering it just yet...

Last edited:

analog

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Was it something I said?
Anybody else get hiccups? Especially on higher PG juices it seems? And especially after not vaping for a while, like in the AM or on a workbreak? Sucks when I just need to suck down some nicotine quickly (and I'm usually with smokers) and I hiccup twice for each puff! For me they are reflexive and in immediate response to the inhale, you know like when you have the hiccups and a cough brings another, same thing.

Anyone else?

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
And especially after not vaping for a while,

Wouldn't know what that is like! :)

I woke up this morning, and couldn't find my Bloog. It was lost amongst my blankets...must have fallen asleep holding it. Funny thing....I never ever brought a cigarette into my room, but I will Bloog away until I can no longer keep my eyes open. ha ha ha

Oh....and haven't experienced the hiccup thing, although there has been more heartburn than usual. Wonder if they are similar/related?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread