Status
Not open for further replies.

DoogieTony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
Indianapolis, IN
It is a very airy draw and is definitely made only for dual coils and direct lung hits. I was disappointed by the "afc" ring because it doesn't give you much (if any) control, basically it's wide open or completely closed. Another couple of things that bugged me are that it doesn't seem to drain very well and it has a bit of a whistle when you draw on it.

You can put out some big clouds with it and the flavor is ok but If I had it all to do over again I'd choose something else. :2c:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Here's what it looks like in the wild.

IMAG2008-L.jpg

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I was thinking of getting one, but not really into the whole lung hit thing. I like my Atomic and actually modded the AFC to have 2 1/16" air holes and it vapes a lot better for my style of mouth to lung hits. I have 2 27g ugly coils w/ 3mm RxW @ .62Ω right at the moment and it is hitting about the same as my Cyclone w/ AFC @ .9Ω....

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
Woah - it's a fatty for sure. No surprise on the reports of it being a native lung hitter.

Any thoughts on this compared to the RM4?

I have not vaped an RM4 but do have one I'm shipping for someone, so I'll not vape it. But a visual inspection shows the RM4 has a smaller deck and chamber. The AFC is based on round holes instead of the slits on the RM5. It can be setup to have only one hole open where the RM5 always has two open.

Other big difference is the AFC on the RM4 can be locked at any setting, the RM5 can only lock at full open or full close so it changes easily at anything in-between.

the RM4 is a brushed finish the RM5 is polished

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
I have the RM4 and it just didn't do it for me with my flavored juice. I do not like my vanilla pudding scalding hot....lol

I only vape unflavored on it when I am in the mood to hit it hard. Coils is a Zmauls special at .47ohm.

I get such great flavor with the RM2, IGO BF, and Cyclone that I do not search much anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread