Anyone Else Forget to Eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewiss

Jul 29, 2014
Gardner, KS, USA
I've noticed sometimes I forget to eat during the day. I'm just vaping away and forget to eat. Anyone else have this issue? Hope I can lose some weight but I know its not good - b/c when you do eat your body keeps every little bit thinking it is starving.

Had to edit, I sound drunk...maybe need some food - lol

Last edited:

Novena

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Jacksonville, NC, USA
I wouldn't say that I forget to eat, but there are many days that I don't eat until dinner time. Just don't usually get all that hungry during the day. In my case though, I can't attribute it to the vaping; I've been this way for years. Wish I could lose some weight but actually, I know I need to eat small amounts throughout the day because only eating once puts the body in starvation mode and it holds onto fat stores.

runitskat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
San Diego
runitskat.tumblr.com
I've noticed sometimes I forget to eat during the day. I'm just vaping away and forget to eat. Anyone else have this issue? Hope I can lose some weight but I know its not good - b/c when you do eat your body keeps every little bit thinking it is starving.

That's not true since starvation mode is not a real thing. What does end up happening is that because you haven't eaten what you normally would, you unconsciously eat more. Sometimes forgetting to eat will not cause you any harm. In fact it might do some good. Intermittent fasting is a thing. And it could be beneficial.

Since nicotine is a stimulant it can also suppress your appetite as well.

issy

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2014
Between Timid and Timbuktu

This happened to me for months at a time, due to malrotation of my duodenum (NOT RELATED TO VAPING OR CIGGIES). Let me just say that starvation mode as known in popular culture today is not exactly what you are thinking it is...it's that the vast majority of people will overeat to compensate and that's why people yo-yo...anywho, I lost 40 lbs (130 down to 90... and I'm 5'5"...it was BAD) and didn't start to regain weight until surgery corrected the defect.

Your best bet is to keep a food log. Just observe what you eat and how you feel. Set a minimum daily goal..x serving of protein, etc. And just be careful. Forgetting to eat can be dangerous and a vicious, downward spiral. Only you know how YOUR body responds to new habits, so just be aware! Good luck and stay healthy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread