Anyone else forget to eat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
In the last 2 weeks, my bf noticed that I've dropped a little weight. I'm already pretty thin, but it got even thinner, and I didn't notice it myself.

Today was the day I caught myself. I vape all day long, and I drink water all day along with it. I skipped breakfast, which I sometimes do, and can you believe it, I forgot to eat lunch. It's only at dinnertime when I dug into a bean burrito that I realized it's the first thing I ate since the night before!

I guess with all-day vaping I get so much nicotine that I don't have an appetite.

I'll be making up for my meals tomorrow for sure. Haha!

Has anyone else forgotten to eat?

BCB

ECF Veteran
I forget to eat too. Seems like vaping so many "dessert" flavors takes away my appetite. I was even talking to an overweight non-smoking friend about vaping as a weight-loss product. Instead of eating cinnamon rolls, you just VAPE some and call it good. Pretty funny if e-cigs cured smoking AND overeating! Now we're REALLY talking about some health improvement for population at large for little money.

The only time I quit smoking for any length of time BEFORE e-cigs, I gained 60 pounds and it took me 3 years to get it off--smoking was the way I got the pounds off. So quitting and not eating at the same time is amazing for me.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Forget to Eat?

The first 2 weeks I quit analogs I ate anything that was in the frig and somethings that weren't.

Now that the analog cravings have mellowed, I find myself doing what I did when I smoked. If I chain smoked, I wouldn't eat anything. If I chain vape, I don't eat anything either.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
I have never in my life forgotten to eat. Having a good memory is sometimes a curse.

In all honesty though, I did drop a little weight when I first started using my pv. That was a real surprise for me since all my other stop smoking bouts had resulted in gaining weight. I didn't forget to eat. I just seemed to have more energy and was therefore more active I guess. Part of the increased activity was running back and forth to the mailbox to see if any new toys had been delivered.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
yes definitely i forget to eat. i've never been a 3 meal a day kind of person, but with vaping i def go longer with out eating. less coffee drinking too.

one thing i do notice, i have to have crackers handy to put something in my stomach to soak up the nic effect (nausea at times) from vaping and not eating. i've noticed my belly needs something, but i'm still not hungry enough to decide whether i should eat or not. crackers do the trick for those times.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
I forget to eat, but like others, it's not vaping related. I've done it for years. Hubby tells me "Ya gotta be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat" :blush:

I've been vaping for 14 months now. At first I lost weight, reveling in the flavors. But now Banana nut bread makes me want BNB, Cinnamon roll makes me crave them...maybe I better just go back to tobacco flavors :confused:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... I've been vaping for 14 months now. At first I lost weight, reveling in the flavors. But now Banana nut bread makes me want BNB, Cinnamon roll makes me crave them...maybe I better just go back to tobacco flavors :confused:

Don't Do That.

From what you said. If you start vaping Tobacco Flavors, it might make you crave Analogs or even worse, Cigars. ;)

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Don't Do That.

From what you said. If you start vaping Tobacco Flavors, it might make you crave Analogs or even worse, Cigars. ;)

Thanks for being concerned. It is appreciated much more than you know.

I know you'd think it would, but it doesn't. I (we) got on a kick where we only did tobacco flavors for about 6 months. 555 is still my "go to" after meals, when I wake up with coffee, while driving, all those times when you just "gotta have a smoke".
It's just that I'm really enjoying the abundance of flavors that are available now, unlike when there used to be only single notes (pretty much) like cherry, lemon, whatever.

Off to vape some Banana nut bread and TRY to keep from opening the breadbox :blush:

Huggers ~ P

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
That's kinda funny you mentioned that...

I love sweet flavors. So when I firat got into e-Cigs I went for Sweet Flavors like Watermelon, Cherry, Caramel, etc. But they just didn't seem to curve my cravings for analogs.

I ran low on my "Sweet" flavors and was forced to use the stock tabacco flavor that came with my e-Cig. I found that it seemed to satisfy me more than Sweet Fruit flavors.

Maybe it is all sycological (sp?) but for the first 3 or 4 weeks of quiting analogs, those raspy tobacco flavors help me more than the sweet flavors I liked better.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
Which may be part of my problem, Monkey.

I can actually taste the butter in toffee of the Heath bar! I never did before. (Smoked for 36 years, since I was 16)

Maybe that's why I can't get enough of food lately.
I have always loved water. Last summer we had to put in a reverse osmosis system because I started realizing just how bad our well-water tasted.

Might be a while before I realize any $ saved if I put the water into the equation.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread