Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
It's 33 days past when I purchased it from Element vape. They refuse to honor a warranty because I'm 3 days past the warranty.

My Dovpo Topside which I handled gingerly had the Hinge break on it. Still usable but for how long who knows.

So I was curious if I'm the only one with a hinge problem.

Also anyone know how I can get direct support from Dovpo?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Back when the Topsides first came out it was noticed that some of the hinge screws were a little loose, not snugged. I checked and did need to snug two on my 3 Topsides. They have been in service since early October last year, I have never had any issues of any kind with my three.

Years ago I did some business with Element Vape, and was satisfied with the CS the one and only time I called them about something that was amiss. But I have no idea how much pull they might have or not have with Dovpo (who we know had hiccups with some of these mods when they first came out). Even so a 30 day warranty is just that if Element Vape knows Dovpo will not reimburse them past the 30 days or even at all IMO. Add that unless Dovpo has had a string of this same issue with other Topsides that support some of them did have defective hinges, I'd be surprised if a broken hinge would be covered by them. Sorry.
YMMV

dmp3ss.jpg

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I have to tighten the two screws on mine every time I take battery out to charge it. Other than that I love the device,hate the color blind way it was painted though ????????
Get some lock-tite to put on the threads. That should stop them from walking out on you. There’s red and blue, one is permanent and one is temporary, although in my advanced years I can’t remember which is which. Some permanent should solve your problem and it sounds like everyone else should do the same as a preemptive strike. I think John Bender said it best “screws fall out all the time, the world’s an imperfect place.”

• Agree
Reactions: HigherStateD

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
Get some lock-tite to put on the threads. That should stop them from walking out on you. There’s red and blue, one is permanent and one is temporary, although in my advanced years I can’t remember which is which. Some permanent should solve your problem and it sounds like everyone else should do the same as a preemptive strike. I think John Bender said it best “screws fall out all the time, the world’s an imperfect place.”

Only use loctite if it's metal to metal. If it's metal to plastic loctite is not recommended. Blue loctite for metal screw and metal base.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
Red loctite is "permanent".

If the fault is missing screw and sourcing new ones proves problematic, I would drill through the screw hole/door and use SS vape wire to serve as the hinge pin.

I'm from The South and we believe in Ductape and baling wire to hold things together. SS vape wire works even better!

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
Red loctite is "permanent".

If the fault is missing screw and sourcing new ones proves problematic, I would drill through the screw hole/door and use SS vape wire to serve as the hinge pin.

I'm from The South and we believe in Ductape and baling wire to hold things together. SS vape wire works even better!
If ya can't duck it...

That is one approach, and sadly, currently being employed for my celing... o_O

But I digress... If it were me, I'd do the same, drill hole, vape wire through, so I could vape on the way to a hardware store for a bolt and a couple of nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread