Anyone else have pics of there DIY accessories- drip tips, holders, stands, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois
Tonight, I got bored and made a Drip trip, and mod holder out of things I had laying around the house. Looking for some more ideas that ppl have came up with out of misc. household/shop items for making PV accessories.

After hitting my front tooth the other night with my metal drip tip, I decided I didn't want to take a chance chipping my tooth any further. The drip tip I made out of the rounded end of a permanent marker, "the end piece that holds the marker tip in place" some light sanding around the base with an emery board aloud for it to slide in further to the exact depth of a standard drip tip for a nice snug fit with no O-Ring required. Also enlarged the tip hole with a hot nail.

Not wanting my PV to accidentally get knocked over, I found the perfect size glass to hold it steady. For this I used a large Jagermeister shot glass with short black sock doubled over "2 layers on inside" and 2 folded over to outside. This is a perfect fit for my K100. Inside of glass is as tall as my K100 in 18350 mode.
image.jpg
Hope to see some of your DIY's :toast:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 92

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
Sure...

Made this one first

from an old post I removed when I replaced the one on my porch.

Then this one last month

from a small ceramic pot, the top of a juice bottle, masking tape, and shoe polish

and I made this one 2 weeks ago

from a Morton salt container, masking tape, and shoe polish.

and this one last week for my sister

made from a Cristal light container, decotorative tape, felt, and press on flowers

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
you tear the masking tape into pieces and overlap them. that creates the pattern. Then when you add shoe polish, the areas of overlap get the darkest stain from it and makes it look like cracked, old leather. :)
It's VERY easy to do.
The smaller the pieces and rougher the edges, the better it looks. and since the idea is to be random and careless when placing the pieces, you don't have to stress on making it look neat!

EDIT:
Here is a close-closeup so you can see how random and easy it is.
image.jpg

Last edited:

^Top-Shelf^

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2014
Central Illinois

LimeFox

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Florida, USA
I made a handful of "mini-stands" out of DIY Silicone Clay -- just something to keep me from knocking the darn thing over every time I hipcheck my desk (or the cat jumps up).

siliconestand07.jpg

They grip the base enough that when you pick it up, the stand comes with -- which means I don't have to worry about making sure I put the PV in the stand each time)... also, small enough that I can throw it in my pocket when I go out.

siliconestand08.jpg

Super simple to make, instructions here: Limefox Vapes » DIY Silicone Clay Vaping Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread