Anyone else preparing for the end??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm kinda prepping for the unknown with the looming FDA regulations and making my E-juice much cheaper at the same time.
I currently have on the way...
1 gallon pure PG via Bulk Apothecary
1 gallon pure VG via Bulk Apothecary ( I plan to 50/50 mix)
500ML of 50/50 100mg Nicotine Base via Vapor Shots (makes almost 170 30ml bottles @10% nic)
All flavors via mount baker Vapors and all are 15mls in volume
Candy Cane Electronic Cigarette Flavoring
Cin City Electronic Cigarette Flavoring
Vanilla Custard Electronic Cigarette Flavoring
RY4 Electronic Cigarette Flavoring
Sweet Cream Electronic Cigarette Flavoring
Sweetener Electronic Cigarette Flavoring
Moo Juice Electronic Cigarette Flavoring
Caramel Apple Electronic Cigarette Flavoring
Rainbow Roundies (skittles) Electronic Cigarette Flavoring

FYI....This entire order was 145.69 shipped and minus needing more flavoring to complete, if my math is correct, should make approximately 5000mls of 50/50 10% nicotine e-liquid which sounded like a pretty good deal to me. (4 1/2 years worth at 3mls a day)

I plan on trying to order the 1000ml bottle of the 50/50 nicotine base from Vapor Shots next week and plenty of flavors as these seem to be what will be extinct if things go bad for vapers with new strict FDA regulations. Who knows????
I'm 38 now and its not a lifetime supply but its a good start!
:toast:

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Yeah, I just bought several rebuildables, wire and an ohms meter. I've been building my own coils for about 1 month and I'm getting pretty good at it. Before this I was mostly using carto tanks but realized that the cartos were the weak link in the chain if they were regulated.

I have been using simple evic easy heads for awhile and I have a couple of extra put away along with a couple of ego passthrus.

My good fortune is that I only use unflavored liquid and I have a couple of years worth in the freezer. I still need to stock up a bit more.

i do wish I was only 38...I don't have to stock up quite as much as you...and that, sir, is your good fortune.

happydave

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
United States
the end? never going to happen... if they did ban "flavored" (fruits, candy, ect) e-liquid. people would just buy flavoring off the shelf and make it themselves. heavy regulation of nicotine is only going to start another black market commodity and they know it. the fallout and public perception would be bad if people started getting sick from contaminates from black market sourced e-liquid.
i feel like the FDA had a better chance a few years ago of regulating this market when they called vape gear "medical devices". but luckily for us a federal judge ruled that e-cigs are alternative to smoking tobacco and they are not considered medical devices. this latest effort seems desperate.

bunnomatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Conway,SC
i think i read on some thread that nicotine will last about 2 years if frozen. I usually keep a pretty good supply though, but who knows what will happen in the future. Hoping for the best!

People on here have reported nicotine being stored for 7-10 years with extremely little degrading of it. I haven't seen any kind of time limit for storing nic in a freezer. It isn't frozen either...it just gets very thick.

btw 1000 ml of 100mg is 89.99 (and I think free shipping) @wholesale.heartlandvapes.com I would be interested if anybody has a better price?

Last edited:

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
i think i read on some thread that nicotine will last about 2 years if frozen. I usually keep a pretty good supply though, but who knows what will happen in the future. Hoping for the best!

I recently purchased a liter of 100mg. At my currrent usage that should last me over 7 years. I really do expect it to last that long in usable condition in the freezer. There were a few people over in the DIY section reporting using 4 year old (stored frozen) nic without noticeable degradation.

I don't foresee any issues getting VG, PG, flavor, wire or batteries in the future. Hardware may or may not be an issue. But I'm using rebuildable atomizers anyway and have a few mechanical mods, those things should last for some years.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2013
Somewhere out there
People on here have reported nicotine being stored for 7-10 years with extremely little degrading of it. I haven't seen any kind of time limit for storing nic in a freezer. It isn't frozen either...it just gets very thick.

btw 1000 ml of 100mg is 89.99 (and I think free shipping) @wholesale.heartlandvapes.com I would be interested if anybody has a better price?

Look around for a coupon code for heartland, I'm not sure if it's still valid, but it was a great discount.

I remember reading about 4 years in the freezer, I couldn't remember if there were any reports from longer storage though.

Yes, but the only thing I'm really worried about stocking is nic base. I won't stock flavors because I don't think it will be a problem getting food flavorings, and I'm skeptical about their shelf life. I'm also not worried about being able to get PG or VG.
I read a few threads on here that speculated that "there is really nothing to go bad in the flavorings" and for 2.99 Ill roll the dice on having my go-to's as long as humanly possible lol I agree with the PG/VG availability.
Thanks for the reply

the end? never going to happen... if they did ban "flavored" (fruits, candy, ect) e-liquid. people would just buy flavoring off the shelf and make it themselves. heavy regulation of nicotine is only going to start another black market commodity and they know it. the fallout and public perception would be bad if people started getting sick from contaminates from black market sourced e-liquid.
i feel like the FDA had a better chance a few years ago of regulating this market when they called vape gear "medical devices". but luckily for us a federal judge ruled that e-cigs are alternative to smoking tobacco and they are not considered medical devices. this latest effort seems desperate.

Hummmm...Ive never looked up "how to make ejuice flavorings" good point!!
Hope your right concerning the FDA!! Thanks for the reply

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Personally the only thing you really have to worry about is nicotine even that is iffy . I really don't think they will be banning anything just higher prices when they get done taxing everything.

they could ban the process of adding food flavouring to eliquid for the purpose of inhalation ... hence putting every ejuice company out of business.

While approving only a few limited flavours for BT's cigalikes.

Sara Love

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I wish I knew how to prepare for the end :( I've only been at this for 2 mos. I'm not a tinkerer (is that a word) and terrified of DIY juice. Not fair that I found the road to finally quitting for good and it will be taken away from me in some form. NYS taxes are so high on analogs that I have to stock up on cartons when going out of state. I still have 3 cartons left so I haven't completely given them up yet. I hope that within time I will have read enough on here to get over my fears and know how to DIY

Eta: if a pack of analogs is over $10.00 here in NY, I can only imagine that e juice will be that or more

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Definitely not stocking up in case something bad comes down the pipes. I am all stocked up. We are a little different in Canada. Government nor Health Canada has approved devices but in fact are telling us not to use them. They have not banned them out right as some think they have. But you can bet your bottom dollar the government is worried about loosing tax dollars from cigarettes and all the payouts from Big Tobacco. We are in a wait and see as you are in the US and around most of the world. I can go for a few years unaffected requardless, and worse comes to worse I will have time till it goes underground. I will then start a tunnel down. LOL

imsoenthused

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2011
Tulsa, OK
I just hope if they ban flavors, that the juice companies start selling pure flavor extracts in my favorite mixes, or release all their recipes/trade secrets online. I can DIY just fine, but I have to be honest, none of my juices have EVER been as good as some the flavors I've bought.

Edit: I just realized, that would mean no more zamplebox, and that would suck enormously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread