Status
Not open for further replies.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I recently was gifted with several bottle of different Pink Spot flavors. I've never been a big PS fan, I've vaped it before and it was acceptable. I mean it was juice, nothing spectacular, but pretty good... so I went with the Pizza theory:

Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. ;)

I mean, I vaped PS level juice for almost a year... and it was pretty good.

But, after over a year of vaping nothing but Boutique juices, I believe I have learned something...

Pink Spot is the vaping equivalent of Little Ceaser's Pizza.

It's ok for what it costs... but it's not actually very good.
In fact, some people wouldn't even consider it pizza.

I'm dead certain that my time with higher end juice ruined it for me... because when I vape this, I get a sort of deja vu feeling.. I remember this odd flavor undertone from when I started vaping. It's almost perfumy... definitely artificial flavoring, like mexican candy.

I'm currently vaping James Wild Juices, billed by fans of it as: 'Sweet with a hint of pineapple and peach flavor' and 'the perfect balance of peach and pineapple, with a subtly sweet undertone of amaretto.' which is complete BS, it tastes of chemicals, sugar, perfume and the most subtle hint of peach... I have to wonder if these people reviewing it haven't regained their sense of taste yet.

Typing that I realized, it may be relevant... I can't drink Diet Coke... or anything containing aspartame... I taste no sweetness, it just tastes of chemicals, like i'm being poisoned... maybe my sense of taste is just wierd, cause my wife loves that crap.... maybe I just can't do fake things. IDK

Also, all the PS juice burns super easy... annoyingly easy. I think this may be due to the artificial color they obviously add to it.

So, has anyone else done this? Anyone else gone back to popular bargain juices after vaping a lot of boutique juice... and thought...

"maybe this is why newbies give up vaping"?

Last edited:

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I don't know, but some people praise flavors and vendors I do not understand being seen as delicious. Goes to show the disclaimers YMMV and taste is subjective are true. I think you have a good point that early vapors who are still smoking or just quitting have different taste buds than those who have not smoked in a while. This probably contributes. I know when I first started vaping, I tried AiV and could not understand how others found them complex and satisfying. They were too subtle for me then.

After trying some more expensive, more complex liquids, I find I can taste chemical/perfume/off stuff very quickly now. It does spoil you. The flavors I hailed in March I don't want to even try now.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I don't know, but some people praise flavors and vendors I do not understand being seen as delicious. Goes to show the disclaimers YMMV and taste is subjective are true. I think you have a good point that early vapors who are still smoking or just quitting have different taste buds than those who have not smoked in a while. This probably contributes. I know when I first started vaping, I tried AiV and could not understand how others found them complex and satisfying. They were too subtle for me then.

After trying some more expensive, more complex liquids, I find I can taste chemical/perfume/off stuff very quickly now. It does spoil you. The flavors I hailed in March I don't want to even try now.

exactly... i'm thinking I may cut this Pink Spot with straight VG, since its crazy thin as is... might dull the perfumyness in the process?

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
i paid $25 for a 30ml bottle of PS's Swagger.... it's still full and i'll never get my money back

But that doesn't really address my question... See, some people love Pink Spot so I'm wondering if anyone has liked that level of juice... then gone back to it months later to find it's not appealing.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
Most of the juices I've tried from PS.. I've had the same experience. Vapable, but nothing special. They were the first vendor I'd ever tried.

I have 2 PS juice exceptions though.. I still can't find a better Honey or Washington Red apple. I will continue to buy those 2 in large amounts.

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I some sense, you are probably right, but I think it's also at least partially the TRUE individuality of tastes, and also some acclimatization.

I USED to get a chemical taste from diet soda - but I don't anymore. I drink diet Pepsi, and I put Sweet-N-Low in my coffee, and it tastes "right" to me. My taste buds got accustomed to it, and it just tastes sweeter.

There's a lot of juices that are popular that strike me with a chemical/perfumey smell and taste. Including almost everything I've tried from MtBaker for instance. SOME of them improved with open-air steeping - I'm convinced those are ones with some alcohol-based flavoring that needs to steep and fade. But some just stayed nasty.

On the other hand - my tastes do NOT run towards complex, gourmet juice.
Some of my favorites include ridiculously inexpensive Dekang, and my first couple SIMPLE DIY experiments taste good to me. And I mean simple - a couple commercial flavors, some PG, VG and nic. Boom.

Probably IS like pizza in another way too:
If someone's never had New-York-City-fold-em-in-half-sold-by-the-slice-baked-on-a-stone-deck pizza...and they've never had true Chicago Deep Dish...then they just don't know anything but what they've had, and they may be "acclimated" to Dominoes. And if someone took them to Ray's, or to Gino's East...they MIGHT think, "gee this tastes weird compared to Pizza Hut". LOL (I've worked in quite a few pizza places, and owned a couple)
:D

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Most of the juices I've tried from PS.. I've had the same experience. Vapable, but nothing special. They were the first vendor I'd ever tried.

I have 2 PS juice exceptions though.. I still can't find a better Honey or Washington Red apple. I will continue to buy those 2 in large amounts.

That could be part of my problem too... I burned out on single flavor juices LONG ago...

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I some sense, you are probably right, but I think it's also at least partially the TRUE individuality of tastes, and also some acclimatization.

I USED to get a chemical taste from diet soda - but I don't anymore. I drink diet Pepsi, and I put Sweet-N-Low in my coffee, and it tastes "right" to me. My taste buds got accustomed to it, and it just tastes sweeter.

There's a lot of juices that are popular that strike me with a chemical/perfumey smell and taste. Including almost everything I've tried from MtBaker for instance. SOME of them improved with open-air steeping - I'm convinced those are ones with some alcohol-based flavoring that needs to steep and fade. But some just stayed nasty.

On the other hand - my tastes do NOT run towards complex, gourmet juice.
Some of my favorites include ridiculously inexpensive Dekang, and my first couple SIMPLE DIY experiments taste good to me. And I mean simple - a couple commercial flavors, some PG, VG and nic. Boom.

Probably IS like pizza in another way too:
If someone's never had New-York-City-fold-em-in-half-sold-by-the-slice-baked-on-a-stone-deck pizza...and they've never had true Chicago Deep Dish...then they just don't know anything but what they've had, and they may be "acclimated" to Dominoes. And if someone took them to Ray's, or to Gino's East...they MIGHT think, "gee this tastes weird compared to Pizza Hut". LOL (I've worked in quite a few pizza places, and owned a couple)
:D

See.. I appreciate True NY pizza... and true Chicago deep dish... I've had them both, in both cities... and what I've learned is they are both excellent... and both are definitely pizza... I also learned that you can't get NY or Chicago pizza anywhere else. I've been told thats due to the mineral content of the water from city to city.

This is different... this is I used to think Dominoes was good pizza, when I was a kid... Now that I've had real pizza... I realize that while dominoes is cheese and sauce on bread with toppings... it's a stretch to call it pizza.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I gotcha.

Oh - and the water thing? That's not it.:D
It's a PROCESS and a recipe...
I've honestly never personally made a Gino's style deep dish. I've done a couple experiments that were quite tasty, but did not fully reverse-engineer the sauce or baking procedures and get it right myself. New York greasy thin, though - I've replicated that with Nor-Cal water, LOL. You HAVE to have everything right, and most places don't even have the right cheese, or use the right oven...

See.. I appreciate True NY pizza... and true Chicago deep dish... I've had them both, in both cities... and what I've learned is they are both excellent... and both are definitely pizza... I also learned that you can't get NY or Chicago pizza anywhere else. I've been told thats due to the mineral content of the water from city to city.

This is different... this is I used to think Dominoes was good pizza, when I was a kid... Now that I've had real pizza... I realize that while dominoes is cheese and sauce on bread with toppings... it's a stretch to call it pizza.

zazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
None of them lived up to the hype for me except USA menthol blend. i tried pink spot, blue spot, swagger, USA blend, swagger, frozen lime drop. Frozen lime drop was ok, but i expected more. Maybe i needed to steep them, the pink and blue tasted like medecine. I would order te menthol blend again if they werent so expensive.

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
That could be part of my problem too... I burned out on single flavor juices LONG ago...

Well from the sounds of this post I doubt you'll ever find yourself ordering from PS again, lol, but these two really aren't "single note". Despite the names, they're more complex. In the red apple you have notes of the sweet flesh, bitter peel and something somewhat green. The honey is... honey... as well as floral notes .. it tastes like the scent of clover honey plus a bit more. Dunno if PS did it or their flavoring company did it, but these two are done well.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
yeah, I have:

Pink Spot, Pirates Booty, James Wild Juices, G-Spot Blue, Jamaican Me Crazy, Rip Tide

So far the only ones I've actually found vapable are James and Pirates...

I'm going to try a super aggressive quick steep tonight on the others... hot water, and lots of shaking... see if I can mellow them out a bit.

I DO think that may be it... the flavor is just too strong... cause I've seen DIY get perfumy with too much flavoring.

The more I vape it the more amazed I am that people love this stuff...

Also, I only vape 6mg now... can't imagine how nasty this would have been at 18mg, LOL

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
it tastes like the scent of clover honey plus a bit more. Dunno if PS did it or their flavoring company did it, but these two are done well.

see that worries, me... because that's what I get with all their juices... floral notes... perfume.

I'm hoping the aggressive steep fixes it... if It does I will absolutely update this post to recant my comments... but as of right now... I prefer Chinese juice over this.

rhm3769

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
Huntersville, NC
I recently was gifted with several bottle of different Pink Spot flavors. I've never been a big PS fan, I've vaped it before and it was acceptable. I mean it was juice, nothing spectacular, but pretty good... so I went with the Pizza theory:

Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good. ;)

I mean, I vaped PS level juice for almost a year... and it was pretty good.

But, after over a year of vaping nothing but Boutique juices, I believe I have learned something...

Pink Spot is the vaping equivalent of Little Ceaser's Pizza.

It's ok for what it costs... but it's not actually very good.
In fact, some people wouldn't even consider it pizza.

I'm dead certain that my time with higher end juice ruined it for me... because when I vape this, I get a sort of deja vu feeling.. I remember this odd flavor undertone from when I started vaping. It's almost perfumy... definitely artificial flavoring, like mexican candy.

I'm currently vaping James Wild Juices, billed by fans of it as: 'Sweet with a hint of pineapple and peach flavor' and 'the perfect balance of peach and pineapple, with a subtly sweet undertone of amaretto.' which is complete BS, it tastes of chemicals, sugar, perfume and the most subtle hint of peach... I have to wonder if these people reviewing it haven't regained their sense of taste yet.

Typing that I realized, it may be relevant... I can't drink Diet Coke... or anything containing aspartame... I taste no sweetness, it just tastes of chemicals, like i'm being poisoned... maybe my sense of taste is just wierd, cause my wife loves that crap.... maybe I just can't do fake things. IDK

Also, all the PS juice burns super easy... annoyingly easy. I think this may be due to the artificial color they obviously add to it.

So, has anyone else done this? Anyone else gone back to popular bargain juices after vaping a lot of boutique juice... and thought...

"maybe this is why newbies give up vaping"?

Slightly off topic, but this reminds me of a thread on artificial sweetners and peppers from my pepper gardening forum.... out of curiosity, how are you with spicy foods? I can't stand artificial sweeteners and until recently I wouldn't bother with anything claiming to e spicy if it had less than a habanero in it.... much like the others on the forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread