Status
Not open for further replies.

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
I'm fairly obsessive with my reos. Like, when I buy one that I have been eyeing in a certain color, then I fixate on the next color I want to get until I finally cave. I think my obsession is equally matched with "gadgets." I stayed up last night knowing I had to be up at the .... crack of dawn this morning to buy an iphone. And I got the gold to match my reo. :ohmy: Anyone else out there in the same boat? Wondering if I might be the only 40 year old to stay up to get an iphone. lol.

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
I'm fairly obsessive with my reos. Like, when I buy one that I have been eyeing in a certain color, then I fixate on the next color I want to get until I finally cave. I think my obsession is equally matched with "gadgets." I stayed up last night knowing I had to be up at the .... crack of dawn this morning to buy an iphone. And I got the gold to match my reo. :ohmy: Anyone else out there in the same boat? Wondering if I might be the only 40 year old to stay up to get an iphone. lol.

Oh i'm nearly 40 and pretty capable of spending too much time and energy to prepare a toy purchase, then to refresh the tracking page every hour and agitate my fist at it in a threatening manner.

But you, with those matching colors, you crossed the line my friend ! How vain you are !

I'm not in the same boat as you no, i'm the kind who would specifically choose a non matching color for my reo. All my coworker already laugh at me as soon as they see my reos, calling them my talkie walkies and asking me how many dozens of ecigs do i own already. I don't want to know what would be their reaction if they were matched to my phone and all !

RattlerX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
West Texas
lol.....My name is Darrell I am 47 and I am an addict.... I spend days obsessing over the next new toy. That is how I ended up with 15 REO's in all colors. It is hunting season now and although I collect guns and have many to chose from I am eyeballing a new one for this season. Don't tell the Mrs. the last gun I bought not long ago was for this season...:D

Come to think of it the last REO (Hammertone) was for hunting season. Sturdy and practical.....

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
I'm 51 but have spent the last 30 years in the constant company of 20-somethings (I work in high tech). That means I've been called "papa" since I was 30 - paradoxically called old while existing in a Peter Pan-like environment, and one that is the very definition of early adoption gadget obsessiveness (EAGO?).

My father bought a calculator that added, subtracted, multiplied, and divided, with one volatile memory store for... wait for it... $400 in the '70's. Yep, I come by it naturally, so my current situation is a chicken/egg thingy.

The obsessive part (the one that has me eyeing a SL RTA so I can have a slotted door to put on my non-SL RTA and a solid door on my SL, because then I'd have...), that part is courteous of my mother (love ya, Ma).

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
I'm 51 but have spent the last 30 years in the constant company of 20-somethings (I work in high tech). That means I've been called "papa" since I was 30 - paradoxically called old while existing in a Peter Pan-like environment, and one that is the very definition of early adoption gadget obsessiveness (EAGO?).

My father bought a calculator that added, subtracted, multiplied, and divided, with one volatile memory store for... wait for it... $400 in the '70's. Yep, I come by it naturally, so my current situation is a chicken/egg thingy.

The obsessive part (the one that has me eyeing a SL RTA so I can have a slotted door to put on my non-SL RTA and a solid door on my SL, because then I'd have...), that part is courteous of my mother (love ya, Ma).

Nice! I've been eyeing that one too!

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
I've wound down quite a bit since getting my first Reo. I have a shelf full of mods that I had to have so badly that I'd been known to get up at 2:00 AM, and sat, bleary eyed, punching the F5 button, so that I could score some limited edition European mod. For the last few weeks, they all sit unused. The Reos changed all of that, for me.
iPhones...meh. I have one; a 4S. I'm not one of those who has to be constantly attached to my phone. In fact, I have to look around for it, half the time. In fact, sometimes I find phones to be intrusive. I dislike texting with a passion, although I do it, because my 2 adult kids insist on texting, rather than calling. But I'm kind of an old geezer. I remember the days when there were no cell phones, nor even answering machines. You called someone, three things could happen. You'd get a 'busy' signal. It would ring several times, no one would answer, and you'd try again later. Or someone would answer, and you'd have to talk to them.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
I have spent way to many hours looking for just the right drip tip for my REO. A drip tip I'm telling ya. Like something magical will appear. I am good at not buying though. I am a looker to the point of annoying myself. It took me over a year to find my new car.

I did pull the trigger fast when I decided I wanted a REO. The next one will take me a year to figure out just the right color, model, size, you name it.

That stupid new Iphone, don't get me started!!!! To many sizes, storage, price points, you name it. It will take me a year to figure out the one I want and by then the 8 or 9 will be out.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I used to love tech and gadgets ..... its all become pretty boring to me lately.

I'm 47 and getting to that ...... "I got what I need stage"

But I do NEED the iPhone 6 Plus ....... and if they had announced one bigger I would have gotten that. Heck if the iPad mini could be my phone I'd take that.

My eyes are shot and working with my iPhone 4S is impossible.

I will stroll on down to my local ATT store on launch day .... wait in a line of 3-5 people before they open and get the phone just like i've done since the very first one came out.

Its kind of funny they always have snacks and coffee but no one really shows up ....... lame town.

EDIT: And I don't care what color my phone is ..... if one is 5 bucks cheaper I'll take that color.

Last edited:

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
When I first saw the Note II I knew I had to have one...had the same phone since then. Never got into the iPhone craze though everyone at work - including bosses - owns one. When they want to look something up they come to me. When they want to take pictures to send out to the district - they come to me... Yea, we all love my phone! lol

One of my bosses said the other day he was going to have to start vaping - he doesn't smoke - because I look cooler than him sitting at my desk vaping.

quincas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
TP
Had to have that iphone 6 plus. I'm turning 38 next year and already I'm needing reading glasses. That big 6+ screen will help me order the right Reo in the right color and right configuration.

This is the first time that a technological gadget is so relevant to me getting my vape.

Talking about obsessive behavior, I ordered my Reo mini sl/lp with tra door last month, due to shipping screw ups by my forwarder, it will only reach me tomorrow. And I already ordered an igo w, rm5, odin, origen v2 to go with it. I bugged my brother about his spare rm3 and cyclone too. Now am thinking about getting the 454.

Not to mention sourcing for black bottles, black battery wraps, etc to dress up my all black/silver reo. Well, not all black yet, as i am still missing on that black atty and black door. I'm thinking it will look FANTASTIC!!!

And also planning another reo grand, with rm2. Maybe the rm4 as well... :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread