Anyone ever refinish a Reo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XDoctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
Casper, WY
My first Reo was a black Grand. I've carried it with me every day for about eight months now. That's unheard of for anything I handle daily. I've been through five phones in the same amount of time, I'm pretty hard on things.

The Reo has held up really well, but looking at it today, even though it still works like new, it looks pretty bad. I've dropped it on concrete on every corner, the anodizing is starting to wear off the edges, the bottom is almost totally silver. In other words, its good and broke in!

This bares no reflection on the quality of the mod, it is absolutely top notch and the anodizing has lasted on it MUCH longer than I expected it to, considering the environments its been living in.

I'm seriously considering smoothing out all the dings and painting it. Maybe with some ceramic based paint like cerakote or gunkote. Or maybe even doing a full on automotive paint and clearcoat. Might even dehorn all the little edges, get it all nice and rounded and then airbrush some flames onto it.

Has anyone else done anything like this? Post some pictures if you have.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
You could also have it powder coated. Which will give it more of a durable finish. Even with automotive paint and clear coat, it won't stand up to any abuse. You'll find yourself doing daily touch ups which will look ridiculous after time. Vinyl is an option but, it'll be a PITA to get it on there without having all sorts of gaps everywhere which makes it look completely cheap. Not to sure about ceramic paint since I never dealt with that stuff before.

Last edited:

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
copper, bronze, or platinum REO =

drool.bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread