Anyone have something similar to a newport menthol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I need a similar tobacco and menthol taste with a nice nicotine hit comparable to a Newport cigarette, if anyone can suggest any I'd appreciate it thanks. I might try the Menthol JUUL Tobacco pods, anyone have luck with those?

When I smoked, Newport Menthol was my smoke of choice. Now I vape a DIY "Winter's Frost" which is a wintergreen flavor with cooling agent. It tastes like a Breath Saver breath mint. So wonderfully cool and yummy.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Dekang - Nport or Portal blend.
Vape wild - Menthol type
Halo - Hybrid,
Or some folks mix Halo Sub Zero, Menthol Ice or Frost bite with one of their tobacco's like Tribeca, Turkish, Torque 56, Longhorn or Freedom juice.
Vape Dudes - Classic Tobacco or American standard mixed with Pure Menthol or Ice Ice.

To find something that specific is going to be trial & error or DIY, especially if you want it to tase like any cigarette.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
I've seen you write about how you like tobacco flavors but have your tried other flavors? As a 20 year cigarette smoker and a 35 year pipe smoker, I never found vaping to replicate the flavors well. To be fair, I never really tried because I found the amazing array of flavored juice to be more appealing. Have your tried going after some fruit or dessert flavors you enjoy?

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I've seen you write about how you like tobacco flavors but have your tried other flavors? As a 20 year cigarette smoker and a 35 year pipe smoker, I never found vaping to replicate the flavors well. To be fair, I never really tried because I found the amazing array of flavored juice to be more appealing. Have your tried going after some fruit or dessert flavors you enjoy?

As a former menthol smoker, I can attest the cool "taste" of the menthol is hard to give up, more so than the tobacco flavor, and by a large margin. That is why the first flavor to actually get me to quit was actually a strawberry menthol mixture I made by combining two juices from a vendor.

Reactions: stols001

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
Yes, it is a Newport flavor (tobacco menthol), my MIL was a Newport user and loves the juice.
Sounds great, just have a few questions before I order myself some! If I use the JUUL which is 5% nicotine salt which mg would you recommend with this ? Keep in mind I want that Newport hit more than anything. Can I refill empty JUUL pods with this juice? If so, I'll use my device to vape it.

Oh, and if you happen to know any NEWPORT NON-MENTHOL juices I'd appreciate that as well, thanks.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Sounds great, just have a few questions before I order myself some! If I use the JUUL which is 5% nicotine salt which mg would you recommend with this ? Keep in mind I want that Newport hit more than anything. Can I refill empty JUUL pods with this juice? If so, I'll use my device to vape it.

Oh, and if you happen to know any NEWPORT NON-MENTHOL juices I'd appreciate that as well, thanks.

I'm not familiar with the Juul so can't answer questions about that device. 5% would be 50mg/ml but that would be a lot of throat hit with freebase nic. You might order a small amount in the highest nic available to see if you like it. They also sell just the Green Cig flavoring, you could then make your own with nic salts. Not sure how nic salts is sold but the flavoring only requires about 2% added 50mg/ml nic salts (if available) would be simple a task.

• Useful

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Can I refill empty JUUL pods with this juice?
You can, but Juul pods are not intended to be refilled. The pods are a pain to get open, and they tend not to seal well once you do open them for refilling. If you're planning to refill, why not get a device that's designed to be refilled?

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I frequent a vape shop whereas the shop makes and sells their own e-liquid aside from selling mods and many times they replicate a popular flavor. They even have their own lab too. I'm very friendly with the owner and I asked him the same exact question you have. I asked him why he doesn't come out with a flavor that tastes exactly like a Newport. I explained to him that there are many smokers who are just quitting smoking and I think they can benefit from such a flavor. His reply was, "I technically can create such a flavor". "My issue with that is that I don't want people to confuse vaping with smoking & smoking with vaping". "They are two different things and people vape because they're giving up their smoking habit and are coming up with an alternative way to quit".

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I need a similar tobacco and menthol taste with a nice nicotine hit comparable to a Newport cigarette, if anyone can suggest any I'd appreciate it thanks. I might try the Menthol JUUL Tobacco pods, anyone have luck with those?

While you are looking for your menthol Newport flavor you might also like Madvapes Candy Cane. It's just like the description on their site says it is. Peppermint with a hint of sweetness. It's not Newport, but I found it to be a nice peppermint vape back when I used to vape it. Just a suggestion. They also have a page full of menthol flavors if you search for "menthol".

Mad Vapor, Candy Cane - Madvapes

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Honestly I would save the Juul for if all else failed. You won't be able to replicate their flavor, it's proprietary. Also, you won't want to try and buy 50 mg/ml premade juice in Nic Salts that is "Newport Flavored," I can almost guarantee. Also, you don't know what is in their "proprietary juice" so you are locked into something that you can't replicate except at extremely high prices without knowing much about what you are inhaling. Also, the juul has a very, very puny delivery mechanism which is why they can get away with all of the above.

If you want a pod mod, fine, but don't get the Juul. At least, not until/unless all else fails. JMO, as always.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: EIHYPI

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
" A nice nicotine hit comparable to a Newport cigarette " and " That Newport hit "
Whatever that means to you, is going to be difficult to replicate.

When smoking a cigarette the hit & effects you feel do not directly come from the nicotine, it is mostly derived from the chemical soup, toxins & carcinogens in the burning tobacco smoke introduced into your system in combination with a lowering of O2 level in your blood stream & how that all effects your brain.

The Juul isn't what anyone would call an efficient delivery method/device which is one reason they use such high nic mg/ml.

A more efficient overall set up & delivery device would most likely give you that 'kick' using much lower nic mg/ml and be easily refillable & use replaceable heads.
Meaning far less expensive to own/use & give you all sorts of options allowing you to tailor your vaping experience to fit your wants / needs.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
As a former menthol smoker, I can attest the cool "taste" of the menthol is hard to give up, more so than the tobacco flavor, and by a large margin. That is why the first flavor to actually get me to quit was actually a strawberry menthol mixture I made by combining two juices from a vendor.

I agree to a degree (I'm former menthol smoker) I found strong flavors did the trick, like Atomic Fireball and candy Watermelon. Eventually, I found adding menthol was degrading the other flavors

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I agree to a degree (I'm former menthol smoker) I found strong flavors did the trick, like Atomic Fireball and candy Watermelon. Eventually, I found adding menthol was degrading the other flavors

Atomic fireball recipes generally have either a small amount of menthol or some other cooling agent to give it the correct candy flavor. I tried a couple of watermelon flavors, but they all tasted like soap to me.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I frequent a vape shop whereas the shop makes and sells their own e-liquid aside from selling mods and many times they replicate a popular flavor. They even have their own lab too. I'm very friendly with the owner and I asked him the same exact question you have. I asked him why he doesn't come out with a flavor that tastes exactly like a Newport. I explained to him that there are many smokers who are just quitting smoking and I think they can benefit from such a flavor. His reply was, "I technically can create such a flavor". "My issue with that is that I don't want people to confuse vaping with smoking & smoking with vaping". "They are two different things and people vape because they're giving up their smoking habit and are coming up with an alternative way to quit".

With that business model he is missing out on a lot of vapers that just want to replace smoking with a safer alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread