Anyone here vape 0mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnotGillty

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
Sacramento CA
I vape zero nic at night. I vape mostly zero nic during the day.

I have 3 devices. Two have zero nic & one has 8mg nic. All 3 are loaded and ready to go at all times. If I get a strong urge, I'll take a couple puffs from the 8mg nic device and then revert back to the zero nic devices. This system works for me.

Menthol & peppermint are good flavors to try in zero nic for those seeking a little bit of throat hit.

edotman

Mar 17, 2012
London
Good to hear so many others also getting onto the 0mg! Today I basically had 1 vape on the e-cig with 0mg, thats it, man I can;t believe I've gone from 30 a day to 1 vape on a 0mg juice in 4 days, I'm sorry but I thought that would be literally impossible, e-cigs really need to have more recognition and worldwide respect, they have probably helped me add another 10-20 years onto my life!

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Hey guys, only just got my e-cig two days ago, and have only used it a handful of times, I have completely quit analogues, this being my second day and I haven't even had cravings for them, the only craving I have got for is the action of smoking a cigarette which my e-cig satisfies, however I have avoided doing it too much until I get e-juice with 0mg nicotine

This is because I want to be free of nicotine in whatever form it takes, if I can smoke the e-cig at 0mg and not crave for nicotine at all, then I know I've succeeded, has anyone else started with an e-cig and now exclusively vapes 0mg e-juice? or in other words, has anyone beaten nicotine addiction and yet continued to vape 0mg just to satisfy the pleasure of smoking without taking in any nicotine?

Of course Edotman, I quit cold turkey Jan of 2011 and went 6 months before I even started the e-cig. I have been vaping now for a year as of last month at 0MG and am now just getting down to figuring out which juice vendor I want to be my main one, which flavors I'm going to stick with and which vendors I'm tossing to the curb. I will probably start adding 6MG of nic into my juice orders in September though...why? Because after being smoke free for 1.5 years now, my body is still craving something from the cigarettes (I start feeling ill 6-8 hours after I've woken up each day, etc) and I know it's related to something that was in the cigarettes that I'm not getting anymore...I usually have to take a xanax pill to knock the sick feeling out of me it's that bad! I have discussed it with my lung doc and she insists it's not the nicotine that I'm still craving but something else that was in the cigarettes, the only problem is there are 4,000 chemicals, good luck figuring out which one it is.:) But regardless, I'm going to see how I feel by adding in a low dose of nic, I have messed around with nic since I quit here and there and I can honestly say using nic without a cigarette is a night and day difference then getting it from a cig, that is for sure. I have no concerns about getting re-addicted to the nicotine, if it happens it happens but I seriously doubt it will.

But yes, there are a lot of people who vape 0MG, they just seem hard to come by for some reason on sites like this. You'll really discover that when you try to sell 0MG juice and nobody wants it.:)

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
i would love to go 0mg, trouble is that would also be 0 throat hit and i think that after 50years a smoker is what i'd miss the most...now if someone could come up with a safe additive that produced a throat hit i think a lotta people would be mighty happy and find it easier to go 0mg nic.

This thread wouldn't even exist if there was a way to get a good throat hit without nicotine. Almost everyone would be vaping that eliquid and it would be selling like crazy. But it doesn't exist, period. If you are one of those rare birds who just likes to see vaper come out of your mouth and doesn't care about the "inhaled feel" of smoking, then 0 nicotine should work just fine.

Ronaldo

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
LAKE WALES,FL
I've been vaping zero nicotine for about four months. Seems to be quite a few of us rare birds around. Just takes some of us longer to find this thread. Though I am getting little "throat hit", I certainly feel a satisfaction from filling my lungs with vapor. I'm not convinced that throat hit of some kind doesn't exist without nicotine. A lot of people seem to use the various mint flavors. I saw something the other day called Red Hot. Saw a review on the Ecigexpress site where some one claimed throat hit from Black Cherry. Now that I've started mixing my own juice (pretty simple procedure when you vape VG at 0 mg.), I intend to start my own search for the illusive throat hit.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Not only 0Nicotine, but, 0FA, Zero Flavor Added too. Now experimenting with not inhaling. All I've got left now is the compulsive hand to mouth activity. And, seeing the vapor cloud. I loved my Cinnamon Red Hots flavoring, but not convinced inhaling alot of Cinnamon flavor is harmless. In fact, I experience issues with too high a percentage of VG. And, for quit awhile I was convinced using mostly VG was better for me than PG. I've cut back to 75/25 PG/VG and have less side effects. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Ronaldo

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
LAKE WALES,FL
Glad to correspond with a zero nicotine vaper with so much experience. I don't inhale each drag. Vaping an Echo with a Janty Kuwako, I sometimes puff it like a pipe, but I do inhale often and sometimes deeply. What issues are you experiencing? The only side effect I've had is dry mouth, but I experienced that some with the 50/50 mix I was vaping before. Did you get any throat hit with the Cinnamon Red Hots?

Ronaldo

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
LAKE WALES,FL
I, as previously stated, am not too much concerned about throat hit. As long as I have been off analogs, it doesn't take much for me to feel a throat hit. I began vaping at 0 mg nicotine. I accidently took a vape off a 18mg e-cig the other day and started coughing. So throat hit is relative. I added a few drops of Desert Ship and Cherry from Flavour art to my zero nicotine VG today. I could feel it in my throat, but a nicotine smoker probably wouldn't notice it. The flavor was good, and my wife said she could smell the Cherry which is one thing I was trying to accomplish. I always liked the smell of Cherry pipe tobacco.
VG by itself has a rather pleasant taste, but could get boring. The process of adding flavor to it is dead simple though. Now I'm going to let the cherry tobacco mix steep overnight and see what happens to the flavor. Any other DIY VG vapers out there with similar experiences, who can add anything, or who have questions?

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
I have been moving my nic count over a few months now. I am down to 1.2%, have some 0.6% on the way. My juice company doesn't have 0mg juice, but since I know them, they make some just for me. Then I'll be good. I have noticed that the drop from 2.4% to 1.8% wasn't bad, but the drop from 1.8% to 1.2% has been difficult. I vape more and feel more anxious. I also miss the throat hit. I am, however, pressing forward to see IF I can. It could be useful for health insurance reasons.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
There are things you can add to achieve TH like FLavourart's = "Flash" product, there is also pepper flavor now and hot pepper which can be masked with other flavorings to hide the taste all together, PGA, souring products, numerous things to help with the TH,,, there is nothing wrong with lowering your Nic intake or going to 0mg for those who want to get off the Nic all together, nothing wrong with this at all.

its also a lot easier to lower your Nic lever 1-2mg's at a time over trying a larger jump from say 24mg to 12, so lower your Nic 1-2mgs per week and you wont feel it as much.

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
i would love to go 0mg, trouble is that would also be 0 throat hit and i think that after 50years a smoker is what i'd miss the most...now if someone could come up with a safe additive that produced a throat hit i think a lotta people would be mighty happy and find it easier to go 0mg nic.

Every bodies different, after 52 years of 2.5 pad when I quit. . .I don't miss it at all. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
There are things you can add to achieve TH like FLavourart's = "Flash" product, there is also pepper flavor now and hot pepper which can be masked with other flavorings to hide the taste all together, PGA, souring products, numerous things to help with the TH,,, there is nothing wrong with lowering your Nic intake or going to 0mg for those who want to get off the Nic all together, nothing wrong with this at all.

its also a lot easier to lower your Nic lever 1-2mg's at a time over trying a larger jump from say 24mg to 12, so lower your Nic 1-2mgs per week and you wont feel it as much.

After I started vaping, I noticed (when I got my taste buds back) that as I dropped my nico content, that there was a definate decrease of 'pepper taste'...so I've been kinda looking and wondering about the pepper flavoring from ecigexpress. Just might have to give it a try myself, since someone else has thought about the same thing.

Ronaldo

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
LAKE WALES,FL
I have found that, after no nicotine in any form for years, that I can get a throat hit from mentholated cough drops. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I accidently vaped some 18mg at a kiosk in the mall, and coughed like my first inhale from an analog. I am sure, from what I've read on this forum, that vapers accustomed to nicotine have a way to go before they arrive at this point. However, if 0 nic is your goal, it is possible to do it and get throat hit. I am currently vaping VG with 5 drops of Desert Ship and 1 drop of Cherry per 5mg of VG (both from Flavour Art), and getting a nice throat hit. The pepper flavorings and the Flash from Flavour Art certainly seem worth trying. A lot of vapers opt for menthol, mint, or cinnamon to increase throat hit. I'm not too big on menthol, but I may check into the Flash (wonder what it tastes like). I probably couldn't use more than a drop.

Last edited:

OregonYeti

Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Corvallis, Oregon
I was determined to stop smoking tobacco. In May I started vaping (18 mg) and I quit smoking then, except for a total of 2 and a half cigarettes after that. I worked my way gradually down to 0 nicotine over the course of 7 weeks. I was going to keep vaping 0-nic, but I found it made me miss the nicotine I used to get, so I quit vaping. Four weeks later, I'm doing great.

15 years ago I quit smoking, for 6 years. I quit cold turkey then, without e-cigs, and later made the mistake of smoking again. I have to say that this time around, quitting was not nearly as hard, with e-cigs and a plan.

Ronaldo

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
LAKE WALES,FL

Thought FlavourArt's Flash was an additive or flavoring, but it seems to be a juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread