Anyone here vape nic-free? Also, nicotine anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I'm new to the forums here but have been in and out of e-cigs a bit before. Years ago, on an attempt to quit smoking, I bought a Greensmoke kit back before e-cigs got popular here in Canada. Then after that failed, a few years later, got what looks like an E-Go second-hand from a friend, but haven't used it and now the sponge is wrecked.

Anyway, long story short, looking to get back into the game with another new e-cig (looking at something small and simple like the Volt). Problem is, I live in Canada, where trading of nic-juice is roadblocked etc. I know there are probably places I can get anyway, but I was wondering if anyone had any good/bad stories with the idea of using nic-free juice/cartos. Do people find it helps them still because of habit and flavor, or do you find it a waste of money and it does not help your craving?

I should also mention that I have some anxiety issues, and at times the thought of vaping nic-juice gets to me, as I worry I'll overdose, somehow consume the juice, etc. Anyone else have any experiences relating to anxiety/hypochondriacs, and using an e-cig regularly?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I vaped nic free by accident this week. :laugh: Vendor sent me a small free sample bottle of juice. So I tried it out - and wow - it was so smooth. I couldn't get enough of it - just the smoothest vape I've ever had.
So eventually I looked at the bottle and saw PG/VG 50/50 and 0mg.
LOL.
I don't know how it would go coming off cigs early on - but I was fine vaping it for about 2 hours. I'm thinking of ordering some 0mg nic next time actually. I usually vape 12mg, PG/VG 80/20 or 70/30 but found 50/50 fine too. and 0mg. :laugh:
You could try ordering a small 0mg sample and see how you find it.

Thanks for the info Vapoor - yeah that's what brought me to these forums in the first place, actually haha...but I find it a nice community here, so I'm getting more comfortable asking other questions too.

Yeah Kiwi I think I'll try some 0mg stuff since I can get that the easiest from here - may just order some for the second-hand eGo of mine, not sure. Good to know that you still enjoyed it though! :p

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
I vape both. In fact, you'll find many of us do. For whatever personal reasons. For me, I start with a 30mg juice first thing in the morning and move in to 18mg for most of the day... then in the evenings, as I am sitting and relaxing with the TV or a book, or cruising ECF, thats when I hit the 0 nic blend. And that's when I usually find myself chain vaping. Chain vaping high nic content makes it hard to chain vape!

As far as OD'ing... your body will give you plenty of clues that yer about to cross that line before you do. Headache, shakes, irritability... basically the same as nic withdrawal. That through me for a loop the first couple of weeks!

Anyhoo.. Welcome aboard!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
If you're only vaping 0 nic juice you can buy the PG and the VG at the pharmacy cheaply and flavors from a Vendor= inexpensive.

Thanks for the info Vapoor - yeah that's what brought me to these forums in the first place, actually haha...but I find it a nice community here, so I'm getting more comfortable asking other questions too.

Yeah Kiwi I think I'll try some 0mg stuff since I can get that the easiest from here - may just order some for the second-hand eGo of mine, not sure. Good to know that you still enjoyed it though! :p

Thanks for the info, boardopboy, that's really good to know. I think having a variety throughout the day may be a good way to go - especially for in the evenings, when, like you say, chain-vaping is likely to occur.

And thank you so much for your input on the OD'ing! That makes me feel a little better. I've heard stories of terrible risks involving the juice though, getting it on your hands being really bad, getting even a little in your mouth (or swallowing a little) being crazy-bad, etc. Any truth to these or would it take some pretty major swimming-around-in-nic-juice to have a problem in this area?

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
Those exposure stories usually revolve around higher concentrations than what we use... say 48mg and above, and really should only become a concern if you start mixing your own juice. With the pre-mixed stuff yer likely to buy as you get started, the concentration aren't high enough to cause anything more than a bit of a buzz, under normal circumstances. Now.. swimming in a 24mg juice is not recommended!

To piggy back off Vapoor... you can get your PG or VG at a drug store, and some craft stores, and even get something like LorAnn flavorings in the same places. Super cheap with no shipping! Please do some research on flavorings though, as not all cake/candy flavorings are safe for vaping. Mostly because certain oils and colorings will kill your hardware.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
Snip.... I've heard stories of terrible risks involving the juice though, getting it on your hands being really bad, getting even a little in your mouth (or swallowing a little) being crazy-bad, etc. Any truth to these or would it take some pretty major swimming-around-in-nic-juice to have a problem in this area?

Nicotine itself in the higher potencies is dangerous to expose skin to or swallow. You will never see this kind of nicotine in commercial juice. If you buy 100mg nic and mix your own juice you need to take inhalation, eye and glove protection seriously when you work with the nic at that high a level. I vape at 4 mg nic these days after a year and 8 months, I DIY and use 36mg nic for the purpose. I've gotten it (mixed juice) in my mouth, tastes nasty but no harm came of it.

If you have children or pets, keep your juice up out of reach.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
EJuice is a combination of:
PG, VG, Nicotine and flavor.
VG in the First Aid Section- $6.00 for 250 ml
PG- special order- if they ask tell them you're making candles or non allergenic soap- about $9.00 for 500 ml
Flavoring- $4.50 for 10 ml- good for flavoring about 65- 100 ml depending on your tastes.

Oh, really? From the pharmacy? Awesome! I thought the only walk-in stuff you could get regarding e-cigs were those disposable minis. I'll need to check this out! Thanks!

Nicotine itself in the higher potencies is dangerous to expose skin to or swallow. You will never see this kind of nicotine in commercial juice. If you buy 100mg nic and mix your own juice you need to take inhalation, eye and glove protection seriously when you work with the nic at that high a level. I vape at 4 mg nic these days after a year and 8 months, I DIY and use 36mg nic for the purpose. I've gotten it (mixed juice) in my mouth, tastes nasty but no harm came of it.

Really good to know, thank you so much for the detailed info Fiamma! This really puts my mind at ease.

bepsage

Oct 24, 2012
Warren, NH
I had tried vaping some strait 48 mg once and that will make your head spin and make you sick quick and 24 mg tastes bad if you get it in your mouth but I've gotten down to 8 mg now it doesnt tast nearly as bad to get it in your mouth but then again i used to smoke camel straits and have a dip of snus so i never minded having a good kick of nicotine

EJuice is a combination of:
PG, VG, Nicotine and flavor.
VG in the First Aid Section- $6.00 for 250 ml
PG- special order- if they ask tell them you're making candles or non allergenic soap- about $9.00 for 500 ml
Flavoring- $4.50 for 10 ml- good for flavoring about 65- 100 ml depending on your tastes.

Ahhh, I understand your earlier comment a bit better now. I still have to get used to the terminology and whatnot. So, silly question, how does adding flavoring work? I'm sure I can find some guides for mixtures and such, but what sort of stuff does one use for flavoring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread