Am I the only Zero nic vaper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudman2000

Aug 14, 2010
Colorado
Hi, I switched completely from analogs to e-cigs just about four months ago. I decided to only use zero nic smoke juice only (I do use nicotine gum for nic cravings still) and I am wondering if anyone else uses zero nic smoke juice exclusively (as in all the time with zero exceptions). The reason I am interested in this, apart from personal curiosity, is I wonder if the FDA even has the legal authority to regulate e-cigs or e-juice when it is devoid of nicotine. Any legal whizzes out there have an opinion on this? I am also curious if e-cigs were outlawed and then a court carved out an exception for zero nic ones (you know a court would have to do that as the FDA would not have the decency to make that exception themselves) how many vapers would accept that and use other (non-analog cigarettes) ways to get nicotine (like gum, patch, aeros, snus, chew, etc...) but still use no-nic e-cigs for the "puffing" pleasure side of smoking? Just curious about this.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I'm a 0 nic person. I think what the FDA does depends on how they end up classifying the thing. If they determine that the nicotine is a drug, they then declare (and attempt to prove) that the ecig itself is a drug delivery device, which I believe they'd have a hard time proving. On the other hand, if they end up deciding to regulate it as a tobacco product, the nicotine liquid would probably end up regulated, which would not really affect those of us in the 0 nic crowd.

cgm

Nov 17, 2010
mississippi
I'm 0mg, I've been off analogs for 19 days...apart from a few puffs on Friday which were horrible and i put it out!. My PV finally got here Saturday...Thank goodness as I was getting weaker by the day. I was an ultralight menthol smoker so I think my cravings are more the psychological/oral hand to mouth thing...i'm trying to totally cut out smoking and one day i'll be handing off my device to my sister or brother....bro is a heavy smoker.

This is the best device ever....I betcha that the people that are opposing the EC due to the nicotine being addictive, would have a fit if caffeine was banned in restaurants and all coffee houses shut down, it's also very addictive.

Last edited:

that1spazticchik

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2009
California
I used 0mg in the beginning. Honestly, it wasn't enough for me...I went back to analogs pretty quickly. I have just recently purchased 11mg and am trying out vaping again, and so far, I'm doing really well, with no cravings for analogs. However, I commend you for staying off by using no nic...must be more of a habitual habit for you! :)

0 nic vaper, I'm one.

Stopped smoking 5 years ago but recently the stress has gone through the roof and the craving came back big time. The thing is I can't stand the smell of analogs anymore, triggers a migraine, but that urge was driving me nuts.

Found out about vaping and tried it. It fills the urge, helps with the stress and I don't feel bad about doing it.
So now I vape. Currently stuck on JC Marcado with 0 nic.

hairball,

It isn't some much the cost of the juice it the mods.

I'm a it of a gadget hound and so many of the just look cool. You know ooh shiny pretty with moving parts.

The S.O. hates to go to Ace hardware with me. Love the nuts and bolts aisle.

What can I say. I had a warped childhood, no dolls for this girl, give me DeWalt power tools over Barbie any day.

cgm

Nov 17, 2010
mississippi
what is in the juices? And how do I really know if the 0mg are really zero....sometimes I just wonder. how can I make my own juices? Is there a recipe site? Would love to know. I know ya'll are not fans of the Blu...but this is working for me....can I make my own juice for this device? Sorry for all the questions....but thanks in advance

intog

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2010
Maryland
what is in the juices? And how do I really know if the 0mg are really zero....sometimes I just wonder. how can I make my own juices? Is there a recipe site? Would love to know. I know ya'll are not fans of the Blu...but this is working for me....can I make my own juice for this device? Sorry for all the questions....but thanks in advance

DIY e-liquid

SeanFromIthaca

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ithaca, NY
I sometimes vape 0mg in the morning -- mostly because I'm afraid of what happened the first couple of weeks where I couldn't figure out why the first dozen hits or so of the day seemed so harsh

since then I've learned that blowing out the atty, dripping fresh juice, drinking some water first, and using a lower-nic juice pretty much kills the morning harshes, but vaping 0mg is a one-size-fits-all way to get around it -- I use Peppermint WOW from V4L for the first few hits in the morning -- very smooth and pleasant

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I find it completely awesome that there are folks out there satisfying their cravings on the 0mg juices. I intend (one day in the future) to ween myself down to zero nicotine. As I've tried quitting smoking several times over the last 8 years and failed every single time (til now!!), I don't want to do it too quickly. I started on 18mg and that did the trick. In hopes of stepping down, I already have a fair supply of 12mg on hand. I vape a ton of my 12mg menthol and love it. The fact that I can use 12mg and not really notice the difference is really cool. :)

Since there were so many sales recently, I have quite the stock of 12-18mg juices. I intend to use these (mostly) up and order some 8-10, then down to 4-6, then 2, then 0... always keeping a higher level on hand "just in case." I hold tight to my hope that the hand-to-mouth habit and vapor production, and the gradual step-down process will help greatly. But like I said, I have no intention of doing it quickly. I have a fairly good support network (family and boyfriend) who all tell me they are proud of me, and that I'm doing so well, and of course the forums here (as much as my boyfriend is there for me, he was never a smoker and admits that he "doesn't understand" the addiction).

So much more effective than stepping down a gum or patch or lozenge.. absolutely no comparison. Not to mention it's so much fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread