Status
Not open for further replies.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
after reading the reviews of the last few
new releases on the e-cig market,.........

I would rather spend my money on the mods from maddog or bastage.

at least theirs actually works........
and works better than most of the ones available from the so called professionals !!!!!!!!

come on you guys, offer us one of yours,
many of us would buy in a hot second.

Di .......

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
after reading the reviews of the last few
new releases on the e-cig market,.........

I would rather spend my money on the mods from maddog or bastage.

at least theirs actually works........
and works better than most of the ones available from the so called professionals !!!!!!!!

come on you guys, offer us one of yours,
many of us would buy in a hot second.

Di .......

the new janty stick thing should work.. it follows the "dosnt look like a tobbaco product" principle thats needed to make these things work..

reasonably sized cheap battery.. i assume a manual switch... dosnt try and be cigarette sized or shaped... so in theory it should work...

i doubt it will ever be mass market tho purely because the mass market is obsessed with cigarette sized and shaped e smoking devices... which is the simple reason many of them dont work that well...

trog

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
I disagree, I think the market will move towards janty stick like devices. Techno geeks launch all technologies, and make them mainstream. We are those technogeeks, and being one personally, I am attracted to the style of non cig looking devices.

A wrist watch cig, a thumb drive shaped cig etc seem to bring us in to the 21st century. The cigarette shape is out dated.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
I disagree, I think the market will move towards janty stick like devices. Techno geeks launch all technologies, and make them mainstream. We are those technogeeks, and being one personally, I am attracted to the style of non cig looking devices.

A wrist watch cig, a thumb drive shaped cig etc seem to bring us in to the 21st century. The cigarette shape is out dated.

possibly but the majority of real smokers want something as alike what they are trying to move from as possible.. at least at first they do...

trog

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I think that we need to get away from the cigarette looking devices, the ones that are painted to actually look like a cig more so than shaped like one.

I am searching for my next device and it will be something along the lines of the Jantystick or Screwdriver. The shape won't bother me to gain the benefits. Does anyone know if they can make passthroughs for these types of devices?

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I think that we need to get away from the cigarette looking devices, the ones that are painted to actually look like a cig more so than shaped like one.

I am searching for my next device and it will be something along the lines of the Jantystick or Screwdriver. The shape won't bother me to gain the benefits. Does anyone know if they can make passthroughs for these types of devices?

Nitewriter,

Not sure if you would call it a passthrough, but look what Ludo says about it:

The Jantystick can be recharged by a mini usb cable (the ones that come with mobile phones) + you can vaporize at the same time when it is charging through the USB port of your computer + you can charge the little e-cig battery with a e-cig battery charger.

Sounds like you can vape it while plugged in so wouldn't that serve the same purpose? (fingers crossed!)

This was taken from here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rs-forum/2602-janty-thread-q-7.html#post97635

Lu

Last edited:

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Lets Hope That Janty / Joyetech Really & Fully Test Their New Great Products Before Putting Them On The Market This Time!

I am the Proud Owner of (2) Dead Janty Dura's in the trash. RIP.....
Were you not offered replacements ?
If not did you get your money back ?

Where are you located ?

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
FYI:

Yes, Jeff @ JantyUSA Was Great!! Jeff Sent Me Out New Batteries & New Atomizers! Got them in a few days!

Charged Them Up & Vaped Great for Two Days Again! Then Same Frigin Issues...

After That The Batteries Either would no longer charge, or charge and no longer put out enough voltage (measured at 3.2 volts after removing from the charger).

I think the batteries when 1st used cooked the atomizers on all of them, I did let Jeff know about this, so he sent me new batts & atomizers.

I got the PPC too. Does not work well, the battery connector was dirty (prior to use) as I was checking it out. Charged it up overnight. Tried it on a low battery, no charge. If you open the top cover & press on the battery when its in the charging hole you will see a connection sometimes, cleaned it off and still no good, meaning erraditc connection.

The PPC top cover of course has to be closed for it to charge since you do not screw the battery into it. When it does work, wait about a minute or so with the cover closed and you should see a red LED come in to show its charging. The batteries I Got to charge only seemed to get half a charge, one battery after 18 hours was still charging and ended up never to be charged again.

Overall the PPC idea is great, but it is very tinny, another RIP......

Sorry but this is how it is. But I will say on the 1st 2 Days The Dura Kicked Vapor Like a Real Fogger, Burni'n HOT!!!

I just hope they get squared away with their products.

But I Can say Jeff at JantyUSA Does Provide Top Notch Service on Their products.

I emailed him today, no response yet on the Dura-C Upgrade and I did Even Did The Pre-Order Dura when it was available. So I do have some hope they get there sh@t together with Joye.

Duraless & Patiently Waiting..

Lithium1330

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2008
Mexico
Janty is in the right track, people will slowly move from the "real thing design" as soon as they realize that get involved with something looking like a cigarette is a bad idea, too much attention on everything looking like a real cigarette or with the words "cigarette", "smoke", etc. in it, NJoy is in the right track too, trying to get into the whitelist with the goverments of many countries, this can lead into a great acceptance of "personal vaporizers" AKA e-cigarettes.

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
Janty is " on the right track" at the expense of it's own consumers.
Moving away from cigarette style device's has been in the modders field of knowledge for a long time, nothing new there.
Janty really should learn to field test their new super products better before releasing them for sale. even from the first kissbox release and the troubles they apparently had with that up to their latest Dura still having the same release issues.
Janty R&D department need a kick up the ....
Good products let down by poor testing and rushing them onto the shelves.
The only loosers here are those who have purchased the failing devices....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread