The "411" on the Janty stick v3, also [WTB] maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
Whats up guys i'm not quite sure exactly where to put this cuz i couldn't find a model specific section on it so i guess you can move it if need be.:confused:

Any way i've been eyein up the janty stick v3. I currently have all 510 stuff, like the joye510 kit and the tornado and a PT. I love my tornado battery life but it kind of looks like the janty stick would be a lil smaller and easier to carry? And maybe the button wouldn't fire as much? I guess i'm wondering if i already have a perfectly good working tornado is it worth it to get a janty stick? I like how small it seems to be for a "mod" and the button doesn't look to be too easily triggered.

If anyone could give me as much info on this thing as possible that'd be great. Ex:does it fit regular 510 stuff like the standard atty, whats the battery life like, is it easy to carry around, what voltage class does it fit in (i'm assuming 3.7),what is the difference between the janty stick v3 and the joye stick v3, is one a "knock off", is it worth it if i already have a tornado, and is the vapor any better than the tornado? Or anything else you can come up w/ would be great.

Or does it sound like i am jus wanting to buy something new just to buy something new and i should stay w/ what i have because it really wouldn't be that much of an upgrade....

PS- If anyone is selling a used one w/ black rubber finish and its a V3 i'll prolly take it if "The Price Is Right"!:hubba: hahahah

Last edited:

sl1pg8r

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The Internet
I'm new to vaping myself and my second PV was the Janty V3. I love it. I've never had a Tornado so I won't be much help with that comparison but i can give my in site into the device. It vapes at 3.7v. The vapor production is good. It uses a 801 atty, not 510. Not sure if there's any sort of 510 adapter, i use the 801. The Janty and Joye sticks are identical from what i can tell. I vape HEAVILY. The battery life is ok. Prolly lasts me about an hour of pretty continuous vaping so it'll most likely last a normal human 2+ hours. The feature i like most is the usb pass-through. I work with computers so i can plug it in everywhere i go and vape wirelessly on breaks. I even got a USB adapter for my car so i'm never without power making battery a non-issue. This thing is a great size, easily fits in my pocket. I actually picked up a digital camera case and fit my janty, travel bottle of liquid, spare battery, and spare atty in the case, in my front pocket. The rubberized coating is nice. I've used the device heavily for 2 weeks and there's no sign of wear at all. I really like it because it's not very long, can easily be palmed, and doesn't really look like a cigarette. I don't see myself getting any other 3.7v PV soon. This does everything i need right now. Hope my opinion helps. If you have any more questions please feel free to PM me. I'd love to chat about it!

- slip ;)

doxzilla

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Montgomery, AL
The only thing I don't like about the V3 is the battery life but if you're always near a computer, it's not a huge deal. The batteries are only rated at about 320-380mah, so that's just about half the lifespan of the eGo/Tornado. Honestly, going from a tornado to a V3 is kind of a downgrade. I liked my V3 but the battery life just wasn't enough for my daily usage.

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
yaa lol it makes sense to me. I love my battery life. Also i drip, and i like the fact the cone acts like a catch for the excess liquid should it come out the atty/batt connection wether thats what its designed for or not it works! lol. i'm jus kinda worried that that connection on the v3 is wayy down in the device next to the batt and all the parts and it kinda worries me that liquid can seep into those areas and the ego/tornado cone keeps it in one place away from the sealed battery.... So far i'm thinkin keeping the tornado idea is winning. Unless someone can really sell me on the V3. Any one else?

adamphetamine

Moved On
May 7, 2010
va
i dont know how your battery lasts only 1 hr, my janty stick v3 battery lasts at least 3hrs if not more of off and on vaping. as for the janty stick or ego, i have both and prefer my stick any day, it is smaller and easier to carry and i like the way it vapes better. ego is nice too dont get me wrong i just prefer the stick. the button on the janty stick is solid, unlike the v2, it rarely ever goes on by accident. so yeah all in all i love my janty stick. joye/janty stick both the same thing. so if i were you id buy one. if you charge your battery the right way when you first get it, there is no way it should only last 1 hr. my 510 lasts more than that.

Harleymedic53

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
Appleton, Wisconsin
i dont know how your battery lasts only 1 hr, my janty stick v3 battery lasts at least 3hrs if not more of off and on vaping. as for the janty stick or ego, i have both and prefer my stick any day, it is smaller and easier to carry and i like the way it vapes better. ego is nice too dont get me wrong i just prefer the stick. the button on the janty stick is solid, unlike the v2, it rarely ever goes on by accident. so yeah all in all i love my janty stick. joye/janty stick both the same thing. so if i were you id buy one. if you charge your battery the right way when you first get it, there is no way it should only last 1 hr. my 510 lasts more than that.

Ok now my question is can you take the stick after vaping plug it in and charge it all assembled? or do you have to take the battery out and charge it seperately?

Also how do you charge the batt the "right way"? I thought all these batts were Li-po's and didn't need "conditioning" like Ni-Cad's.. All the suppliers i've talked to about 510's and the ego/tornado say the batterys are pretty much ready to go and i don't need to drain them and do the 8 hour thing.. Thats what i mean by conditioning

wolfiebeast

Jan 22, 2010
Alabama
I have both the Janty and the Joye V3, both the same made by the same people. Yes you can use your 510 addys on it just order the adapter when you order it. I would also get the usb car plug. I get about three hours of heavy use out of the battery. I love mine when they are working. The problems I have had with two Joyes and now two Jantys is with bad button switches.Would I recommend the V3 ? Sure, but make sure you have a back up should you have to send it back for replacement.

adamphetamine

Moved On
May 7, 2010
va
when charging with USB in your computer, you dont have to take it apart, you can keep battery in the janty/joye stick and charge it at same time you are using it, love that feature. if your button gets stuck or something on your stick, it is so very easy to fix with even no knowledge of electronics, if someone has this problem and is not afraid to take it apart, pm me and ill let ya know how, takes all of 1 min to take apart, 10 secs to fix button if stuck, if connection is bad, or anything else, even that wouldnt take long to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread