Anyone notice increase in breathless-ness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hbuddha

Jan 25, 2019
I am not a fit guy - far from it. My yard stick of measuring my healthiness is by the amount of breathles-ness I fee when I take two flights of stairs at work. When I was a smoker, I used to get 6 out of 10 breathless. Two months since kicking the ciggs and started to vape, I feel like a 9 out of 10 breathless when I take the same two flights of stairs. Everything else is almost the same - diet, work, stress, other indicators.

Anyone feel the same ? Or any idea what might be going on ? I have a feeling talking to the GP is going to be useless as I only hear them say "you know what you gotta do. quit vaping".. yeah.. right.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I experienced the opposite within a couple months - I dropped from about an eight to a four on that scale. My doctor saw my blood oxygen levels go from 92 to 96 during that time and was amazed. I think most vapers experience better breathing in pretty short order. It might be a good idea to check it out with your doctor, explaining that you've stopped smoking without bringing up vaping. There may be something else going on. Good luck!

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
I am not a fit guy - far from it. My yard stick of measuring my healthiness is by the amount of breathles-ness I fee when I take two flights of stairs at work. When I was a smoker, I used to get 6 out of 10 breathless. Two months since kicking the ciggs and started to vape, I feel like a 9 out of 10 breathless when I take the same two flights of stairs. Everything else is almost the same - diet, work, stress, other indicators.

Anyone feel the same ? Or any idea what might be going on ? I have a feeling talking to the GP is going to be useless as I only hear them say "you know what you gotta do. quit vaping".. yeah.. right.
If you are feeling increasingly breathless with exertion you need to see your doctor.

My breathlessness (prior to vaping) was due to blocked cardiac arteries (90% blocked Left Circumflex, 100% blocked Left Anterior Descending (the widowmaker)) that required two PCI procedures and five stents. All that was a prime motivating factor in my quitting smoking six years ago.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I'm vaping again to get healthier because I slipped up for a couple of years and went back to cigarettes after vaping since 2010. I've had heart pain on and off for over 10 years and atm my lungs actually hurt when I breath. I cannot run, haven't been able to in years. One thing I'm learning is diet is extremely important. I'm trying my darnedest to go Vegan because better nutrition can heal the body, but you have to feed it the right building materials or it won't work because it doesn't have the resources you need. I suggest see your doctor and look really hard at your diet. Meat .. all meat .. can cause heart problems and cancer according to the World Health Organization. Many foods can help with blood circulation and rebuilding of lung tissue. I wish you the very Best!

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco

Quite the opposite. I have been vaping for over 3 years and can now breath a lot better. I can now actually walk up 5 or 6 flights of stairs without breathing heavy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread