Is e-smoking increasing our addiction ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimldk

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2008
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
jasondavis48108 said:
The one thing that concerns me, and I mean no disrespect to those involved, is that the two major studies about e-smoking that are being held (the one in NZ and the one in i think malasia) are both private studies that seem to be, at least in part, funded by companies which produce the product. call me crazy, but I'm very leary of any research that is funded by a company and then comes back and says thier product is so amazingly great and safe it's like a little miricle from God. I'm sure that big tobacco had studies at some poind in history which said smoking cigarettes was good for you or at least not harmful or made you better in bed or some line of crap to make folks think it was o.k. for them to smoke cigarettes. The studies make it seem as if e-smoking is lessharmful than many foods we consume. I mean live long enough and you will probably get cancer, it's called natural causes. what I want is a product that won't cause emphazema so that my quality of life, while i'm here on this earth, won't be degraded. emphazema scares the sh*t out of me, lung cancer s*cks don't get me wrong, don't particularly want to go out that way, but my grandma just died of heart disease at the age of eighty (she was a three pack a day smoker for 64 of those years), and she seemed rather content and the dieing process was quick (couple months). I think I'm ranking at this point so I'll leave it at this, there is a difference between ingesting the incredibly small amount of PG found in food and huffing down the three ml of juice I ionhale every day. What I want is a study that shows that I am not going to get PG lung in five years and have all of the same problems as that of emphezema. I don't realy care amount the ic habit, if I can kick it great, but it's more a matter of principle for me than a health concern, I don't eat fast food which means i'm going to live longer than most americans anyway.

My clinical trial is not funded by any company...it was wholly funded by me..I lost everything in this private research ..all my datas have been seized and the trial has been put on hold .....I too wants to know all the safety aspect of e-smoking too ,bud...I am a smoker too and I actually put my own health at risk with much higher dose than prescribed and have undergone 3 Chest Xrays and six blood test results and 3 stress ECG as well in 4 months time....more than 3 times the actual medical examination required by a normal person..all for the sake of health and to find damages done onto myself ,BUD....so what your worries?......

Look..at the start of this trial , I put it all in know that it was not funded by a big company like Ruyan or even Njoy...I just happen to use Njoy product after discovering it at CEBit last year...in fact Njoy doesn't even notice me..just my dear patient, Mr.J.Ong (who happens to be a heavy smoker who refuse to quit even though he has a Bad uncontrollable Hypertension and diabetes and Renal Cancer to boot....) who has been importing in all those Njoy devices..I'm not even a beta tester ferchrissake!!..I have repaired and maintain all my patients devices at my own cost and time or else the people at NJOY will be up to their heads with all the malfunctioning atomiser from S.E.A. by now.....so no actual backup from Njoy at all....all on my own, BUD...so what your worries???

Hope you'll find your inner peace....just do what you think is good for you...my advice to all is ,smoke with moderate amount and re-adjust if you find it too high or too low even..all in your hands now people....peace... ;)

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
Jason, the poster above you is Dr. Jim Loi, who had 300 patients in a clinical trial in Malaysia before the government forced him to stop that test. He funded the study from his own bank account. He's a free-thinking, optimistic, public-spirited private doctor. He has nothing to gain from telling a lie.

Dr. Murray Laugesen in New Zealand is a member of a public health group and his reserach into e-smoking IS funded by Ruyan. Does that taint his results? Well, only if he's willing to sell out his future and reputation as a researcher. I don't believe he would do that. What I do believe is that he might not provide the public any negative consequences his studies turn up. Ruyan will see those; we won't. We will get lots of useful information, however, to fill in our blanks on safety and efficacy.

jasondavis48108

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2008
Ann Arbor Michigan
jimldk, I ment no offense. I have been reading many studies and must have gotten my facts mixed up between them. It is very admirable that you felt so strongly about your work that you were willing to fund it yourself(this is about the only medical research that I would trust at this point). I live in america where we are lied to by doctors, pharmacudical companies, and big bussiness all the time, and they don't much care if we die cause they know there will always be more people to sell crap to so I think I'm a bit jadded, but your study was very interesting and I apprechiate the work you were doing. Hopefuly you will get a chance to continue it.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
bishybob said:
I would consider e-liquid weaker in ways to regular cigarettes. Tobacco companies have all these additives to change the effects of nicotine on your body. Make it hit your body faster, makes it feel better when it does kick in, give you a buzz. Makes you more addicted. We all know this.
Yes yes yes, thank you for saying this. Is it worse to feel the nausea from too much nicotine vs. taking the ciggie chemical that counteracts the nausea so you'll smoke (buy) more? I think many folks are overreacting to feeling, from nicotine, what they would have been feeling without the countless counteraction/masking chemicals in cigarettes. ECigs aren't primed specially to keep you smoking regardless of how lousy nicotine addiction makes you feel. Cigarettes are.

Also for all the products, stated nicotine ratings are NOT the same as absorption and rarely (if ever) are the two equal. It's difficult to calculate even with NRT products, which are much better tested and documented than what we're doing.

That said, I've had similar thoughts as MNZ and have mixed feelings about ecigs not having a ciggie-equivalent break point. I'm not arguing against the concern.

And I could be wrong.

jimldk said:
NICOTINE IS ADDICTIVE IN ANY FORM....please remember that.....fear not..fret not....just don't overdo it and you'll be fine..just need to look out for your own each inbuilt limits..everyone has one..take it in moderation and you'll stay fine...
Thank you.

I'm so sorry to hear about the interference with your clinical trial. :cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread