Anyone play any musical instruments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budgie45

Feb 12, 2020
Don’t know if this thread been started already

I play a little guitar,wish I could play a lot of guitar,I think guitars don’t like me:lol:

been playing off and on for a couple
Of years,play a little darbuka as well and
Build handpans,
Which is sorta like a steel drum put you play it with your hands,instrument was invented 15 years ago by a steel drum maker

look like this

It’s made out of a flat piece of steel
Took me 2 years and a heart attack to make one of these lol there’s a bottom goes on it with a hole in it for the sound

each note has a fundamental octave and filth ,there made is different scales,
This is a D-celtic minor scale

take me a couple of months hammering
To make one in between working as a butcher

they sound like this ,

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I've been playing guitar for 35 years. In my opinion the electric guitar is the expressive and subtly nuanced instruments know to man. This also makes it one of the hardest to make sound good, and why the greatest exponents of it are so revered. Be prepared to dedicate your life to the pursuit of it, it takes a long time to master even if you are talented.

Having said that, here are a couple of kids with enough extraordinary talent to make you feel like giving up.

The 1959 Less Paul in that video is probably priceless. For context the last '59 that went to auction went for several million pounds.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
"....has a fundamental octave and filth......"
Coolest typo ever.

That vid is very cool, @Budgie45, I enjoyed it very much.

I gigged all my life up until 2013 and then I just came to the end of it all. My life has improved immeasurably since quitting.
Never thought I would say that.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I held down a full time job as a tech rep while playing guitar in a band on the weekends for a large part of my life. I don't miss getting home at 3am on most weekend nights when we played standard gigs.

The last gig I had was in a Praise Band at church. That was a nice slot for an old guy. Rehearsal on Wednesday night and 30 minutes on stage on Sunday mornings.

Musician is a job for young people unless you can afford roadies. :)

Reactions: Anise

Budgie45

Feb 12, 2020
My fist guitar couple of years ago was a Gibson Les Paul 60’s tribute
Got sore fingers and put it under the bed for a year lol
Sold it,
I have an Epiphone studio deluxe and a SG
And a cheap strat,these are the ones I’m keeping I had more but who needs more guitars when you can’t play the ones you have lol

I've been playing guitar for 35 years. In my opinion the electric guitar is the expressive and subtly nuanced instruments know to man. This also makes it one of the hardest to make sound good, and why the greatest exponents of it are so revered. Be prepared to dedicate your life to the pursuit of it, it takes a long time to master even if you are talented.

Having said that, here are a couple of kids with enough extraordinary talent to make you feel like giving up.

The 1959 Less Paul in that video is probably priceless. For context the last '59 that went to auction went for several million pounds.

Budgie45

Feb 12, 2020
I was a techno DJ for 20 years lol traveled the world djing..not really a musician but I did make some money and got free flights and hotels,got sick of traveling
Play an hour set
And back on the plane again I don’t miss it
But I did see the world
And there’s something special about playing to a crowd of 10 thousand people
"....has a fundamental octave and filth......"
Coolest typo ever.

That vid is very cool, @Budgie45, I enjoyed it very much.

I gigged all my life up until 2013 and then I just came to the end of it all. My life has improved immeasurably since quitting.
Never thought I would say that.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My fist guitar couple of years ago was a Gibson Les Paul 60’s tribute
Got sore fingers and put it under the bed for a year lol
Sold it,
I have an Epiphone studio deluxe and a SG
And a cheap strat,these are the ones I’m keeping I had more but who needs more guitars when you can’t play the ones you have lol

I have several guitars. There's a Gibson Les Paul, two Epiphone Les Pauls, a Fender Strat, a Fender Tele, a Peavy Bass, and an Ibanez acoustic.

For electrics I like the Strat and Les Paul. With those two you can approximate most any guitar sound you hear on a recording. Both are commonly seen on stage and the Strat and the Paul give you the best of both worlds ... humbuckers and single coils, two tonal sounds that cover most popular music.

Of course, there are times when only a Tele will fit in country music. I'm happiest when I'm playing rock and roll, but today's country music has finally gotten out of the 2/4 realm, so modern country is much more fun than it used to be.

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
American Strat with Texas special pickups in it, and a Vintage Goldtop with P90s provide all the tones I need (or can afford).
Spent years using old Marshall and Fender tube amps, because tone. But practical they aint, so I've been using a Roland Cube 80 with all the effects and amp modelling built in. Tone is amazing but not quite on par with a good tube amp, but way more practical and far cheaper and reliable. Also does not need to be cranked to sound good.

Having said that there is nothing that sounds as good as a cranked up tube amp.

Here are a couple of the amps I got rid of

1979 Marshall 100 Watt combo
RyBRTN2.jpg

1978 Fender Vibrolux
BjsJmPn.jpg

Blue is the blues, red is the rock
xoJoEQF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread