Anyone seen this nice RBA ? A8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Did some searching and there are no threads dedicated to it with pics or anything - this looks like a nice model and almost close enough to the ac9. Depending on with of the atty - I think it's the same size as the aga-t but I'm not sure. I also dont know If that's a plastic tank - still - when it comes to looks - it blows the aga t out of the water and it's 23 bucks , so why is there no hype ?

https://vaporbank.com/shop/index.php?p=product&id=1248

Connected via T-A-Talk

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I've rebuilt it a couple times with no great success.. Getting a really weird flavor out of it. Maybe I need to wash it some more, I don't know.

I haven't given up on it yet.. I still tinker with it and I'm trying different things.

Edit to add: Check out the pictures of the internals here:
http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/reba8ss.htm

I don't know how well that'll work with a mesh setup.

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I just snapped a couple quickies.. Too late to be messing with lighting and different devices.. ;)

OM0g3wz.jpg

And here are the internals. Singe after a basic overnight soak, and maybe 3-5 mins of vaping. :facepalm:

TYbJ0fc.jpg

I use cotton exclusively.

And yeah I'm pretty sure it's plastic. I try not to put any crazy juices in any tank I'm not 100% certain is glass or pyrex.

Edit to add .. the vape is just plain harsh. I might try a NR setup, though I don't know if that'll help. During my next big rebuild session (probably this weekend), I'll soak the whole thing in vinegar water and then try again.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I believe that's the tank a bunch of us ordered in the latest A7 co-op. (Now closed) So there should be more peeps talking about them in next couple weeks.

I ordered three. I do like the looks. If I'm remembering correctly I think they were $13 US in co-op.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
I've rebuilt it a couple times with no great success.. Getting a really weird flavor out of it. Maybe I need to wash it some more, I don't know.

I haven't given up on it yet.. I still tinker with it and I'm trying different things.

Edit to add: Check out the pictures of the internals here:
http://www.empiremods.com/product_p/reba8ss.htm

I don't know how well that'll work with a mesh setup.

The A7 were notorious for having residual machining substances that tasted terrible. Fortunately I knew about this before my first ones came in. I totally disassembled them completely (leaving stock coil on) and boiled three fresh water boils on all and had no bad taste. Actually for years I've boiled (or very hot water bathed) virtually any atty, carto, tanks, DTs, most wicks (some exceptions but do alcohol soak and/or torch) before using.

So I'll be giving A8s a good cleaning before using.

Feisty Alice

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Section1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2010
Metropolis, IL, Earth
I haven't had any luck getting a good vape out of it yet either. When you have it in your hand looking at it you would think it should perform well but for some reason it just doesn't, for me anyway. The stock wick set up was a total fail, burnt taste and poor wicking. I thought it was because of the rubber sleeve the wick passes through when it goes into the tank, I believe is there to stop any leaking. I removed that and still no better. Put a cotton wick in it and it was a little better but not much really. Still poor vapor production and if you even think about increasing the power to the coil it gives a burnt taste. I'm sure there has to be a way to get it working and working well but I haven't spent much time with it yet. I like the looks of it and it seems fairly well built for the cost. I'm sure someone has it figured out though.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I just snapped a couple quickies.. Too late to be messing with lighting and different devices.. ;)

OM0g3wz.jpg

And here are the internals. Singe after a basic overnight soak, and maybe 3-5 mins of vaping. :facepalm:

TYbJ0fc.jpg

I use cotton exclusively.

And yeah I'm pretty sure it's plastic. I try not to put any crazy juices in any tank I'm not 100% certain is glass or pyrex.

Edit to add .. the vape is just plain harsh. I might try a NR setup, though I don't know if that'll help. During my next big rebuild session (probably this weekend), I'll soak the whole thing in vinegar water and then try again.

Thanks so much for the pics. That helped a lot !!!

Connected via T-A-Talk

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
TYbJ0fc.jpg

With the air coming up under the coil it shouldn't be harsh unless it's not wicking. By it singing so fast also suggests it's not wicking good.

When you do your nr build, I'd suggest putting a thin layer of cotton, cut from the rounds, over the center hole, mounting the coil down against it, then pulling it out, so that the coil is close to the hole. Then when you start vaping it, and if it tastes ok, drip a couple of times to keep it moist. Then when you stop dripping and if it turns harsh, you'll know it's not wicking.

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
With the air coming up under the coil it shouldn't be harsh unless it's not wicking. By it singing so fast also suggests it's not wicking good.

When you do your nr build, I'd suggest putting a thin layer of cotton, cut from the rounds, over the center hole, mounting the coil down against it, then pulling it out, so that the coil is close to the hole. Then when you start vaping it, and if it tastes ok, drip a couple of times to keep it moist. Then when you stop dripping and if it turns harsh, you'll know it's not wicking.

I'm not entirely convinced there's air coming through that center hole. If it's a hole, it certainly doesn't run all the way down to the 510 connection. Maybe it has something to do with that weird chamber in the middle.

I'll play around with coil placement and extra cotton.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I'm not entirely convinced there's air coming through that center hole. If it's a hole, it certainly doesn't run all the way down to the 510 connection. Maybe it has something to do with that weird chamber in the middle.

I'll play around with coil placement and extra cotton.

Yeal, I thought the air went into a chamber then up through the center hole, like the 804. It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
in the pic what is the small hole in the side of the chamber isnt that an intake?

if that hole goes through to the wick area then the wick needs to be right up on it for proper function.

on a few of the wholesale sites its listed under phoenix style and that usually means a side airhole.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread