Anyone try the new Kanger T3 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Got a T3 today. Meters at 2.6Ω. Filled it with my DIY peppermint 90% VG and tried it on my Ego twist. It tastes burnt at anything over 3.7V? Is my juice too thick? I've not used a clearo in quite a while, but I expected more from this thing. What gives?

Have you washed it? Wash it prior to use...

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Backstory: I'd quit vaping for about a year, due to problems with shaky vendors, the mind-numbing varieties of juices (all for purchase of course...meh, I got a budget, and about 20 bottles of unvapables), along with having had the "holy grail" of RY4, only to run out FOREVAR. NOOOO!! BUT, I'm giving up analogs again, so it's time to get some new kit and start all over. Time to chuck the old eGo clone I'd been using since 2010. Still works, just isn't threaded the same as anything "standard", and the vendor has since left this site. No bueno, taco.

I picked up two 2.4ohm M-T3's along with a black Vision Spinner 400mah last week. Yes, I'm starting slow, haven't vaped in a year. So far, it's been a pretty good journey.

1st day: I pulled the black M-T3 out (the other is still in wrap, waiting to find a good VV passthrough in blue to match it). Immediately rinsed in water and dried out. Ran some 100%vg through it to prime, then put in about 1.5mls of some old leftover 70/30 juice I still had on hand. Not bad!. Cranked the voltage up to around 4.4. TH was too harsh, so I dialed back to between 3.8-4. NICE!!! Ran through that, rinsed, refilled with another 1mls of a different juice (also 70/30). Still good!

3rd refill, I got a little gurgling and some juice in mouth. I unscrewed the MT, held it mouthpiece-down over a napkin, and blew down into it to flush the juice out. I'm not fanatical about getting every little bit out by draining and fully washing it, and I kinda like that I didn't have to drain all my unvaped juice out to clear it.

2nd day: Chain-vaped that puppy all day, never filled past halfway mark. Noticed (as others say), when you get down to .25-.5mls left, you start getting either dry or burned hits. I simply held mine with battery down nearly vertical (so the remaining juice was soaking the wicks), and I could very nearly empty the thing without bad hits. When you're short on juice stocks, you'll try anything to keep from wasting it.

Also noticed that day that many of the gurgling/weak hits/flooding were happening when my spinner was almost or dead, which happened a lot on a 400. Note to self: get a bigger one (like an 1100 passthrough...#farkyeah!)

3rd day: Much of the same. Beginning to "sense" when I'm going to get a juicy hit, and trained myself to HIT IT HARDER before that happens. Not sure why that works, but it does. Maybe I'm not tasting the small amounts of juice I'm actually getting during that period, but I know how to rectify it quickly. No juicy/flood hits this day. AND my Janty DK RY4 showed up!!! GLORIOUS!!!!

BUT: Got a few burnt hits with at least 1mls to go. Time to clean. Dismantle coil from tube (dammit, forgot to empty the tank or stand it upright, some leaked out, but since I never really fill it anyway, wasn't a big mess to deal with). Took tube and rubber gasket off. CAREFULLY removed the top two tiny wick pieces, rinsed coil/wick/extra wicks until they cleared a bit, dry burn, re-rinse, reassemble. EXTREME juice hit, disassemble, adjust wicks, adjust tube and gasket, re-assemble, GOOD TO GO!

Skip to Day 5: Going out for a while, completely filled the tank with Ry4 without cleaning the coil first (in a bit of a rush). Bad move. Started getting burnt halfway through. Had to stand it up again while I cleaned it. Does anybody make a stand for these things? Or maybe I should just get more coils so I can rotate...yeah, that's the ticket.

The rest of the week up until now has been more of the same, but I really like these M-T3's. It's a BIG welcome change from someone who has vaped attys and cartos for two years prior, then took a year off while all the big changes started happening. I never stand it up when not in use, it's always laying horizontal. I DO have a lanyard that I hang around my neck to carry when out and about.

Ran into a Smoke51 vendor at the mall. He was slightly impressed with the Vision. He was BLOWN AWAY by the MT-3. Noobs...(Do I get to say that, since I just re-started???) He'd never seen an ego-style, much less vaped anything besides the weak V4L Smilin Menthol clone they sell. It's not bad, but it's got too much "perfume". And I LIKE Smilin Menthol.

Did I mention a 400 charges in like 20 minutes? Inconvenient having to recharge it more often, but she's back in no time flat! Recharging during cleaning/refilling is almost 2nd nature now, and it works out just fine.

Next order: lower-ohm coils and a vv passthrough (manually-set, none of that "automatic voltage" monkeybusiness) of about 900-1100mah. Just need one in blue. Anybody?

Last edited:

quisp65

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2012
San Diego
Any easy way to tell if the replacement heads are a knock-off or original Kangers? Is there much difference between the two? I'm thinking of ordering the 5 packs from Goodejuice for $9.99.

On a side note I have boiled my heads 3 times already (less than 5 mins) to clean them and it caused no problems. Might be a good way to clean them. I just had the heads standing up to keep excess heat away from the rubber looking material.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I bought a pack of those myself. I don't *think* they are real Kanger heads. The eGo threading is a bit more shallow. In fact, I had to use a 510 to eGo adapter to get it fit on my little backup battery, a pass-thru Apollo VV batt with an LCD display.

I also had to remove one of the flavor wicks. After that was done though, it worked fine.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Just outta curiosity, what batteries have automatic voltage? As opposed to fixed voltage?

THESE (and others like them. I think SLB makes a similar one) Genuine Joyetech eGo PassThrough 1000mah 3.3v - BLUE [gotvapes-joyetech-ego-PT-BLUE] - $23.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

The genuine Joyetech eGo Passthroughs that double as an 1000 battery. You either switch it from constant 3.3v (not good enough), or "variable" 3.6-4.15 depending on the charge level of the battery.

Y'know, on second thought, that's about my average vape range anyway, so this could be a buy.

Blurgas

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2012
Just outta curiosity, what batteries have automatic voltage? As opposed to fixed voltage?
Sounds like you're looking for a variable Wattage mod.
Basically figure out the wattage you like, then set the mod to that wattage. You can change out atty's left and right and the mod will adjust the voltage up or down to match the wattage.
The idea is that if the wattage stays the same, you'll get the same vape regardless of atty/tank/clearo/etc you use.

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
Next order: lower-ohm coils and a vv passthrough (manually-set, none of that "automatic voltage" monkeybusiness) of about 900-1100mah. Just need one in blue. Anybody?

Vision Spinner 1300mAh is a nice battery, and shorter and thicker than the 900-1100mAh range.

BTW, Variable Wattage is no monkey business, it just does the monkey business of calculating and adjusting the voltage FOR you.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Vision Spinner 1300mAh is a nice battery, and shorter and thicker than the 900-1100mAh range.

BTW, Variable Wattage is no monkey business, it just does the monkey business of calculating and adjusting the voltage FOR you.

A VW mod will be my next step up. I just ordered that eGo-T passthrough, since I'm in front of a computer for 9hrs a day (minimum). I also wanted to beat the rush before everyone who saw my post bought them out! LOL.

(GotVapes is the only place I've seen it in blue, and for that price). Also picked up some 2.2/2.3ohm T3 coils. We'll see how those work out on the VV eGo.

cocoabellaRSD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Texas
I'd love to have an in person class on doing this rebuild. That is probably the only way I could learn how to do it.
I am on the farthest spectrum away from being mechanically inclined.
I admire people who can do rebuilds.
Congrats to you.

I purchases two the Kanger T3 a couple of weeks ago and they have been doing great. Today one of them started leaking pretty bad for some reason. I blew it out real good, and it worked well the rest of the day.

I have been wanting to try to rebuild it since I got it and I ordered some 400 mesh SS material which came in today. I have been reading about the Petar K method of making a coil on a drill bit and decided to see how it would go. I must say that I am pleased with the results so far. When I make the next one I plan to do a video of it, but if anyone want to try here is how I did it.

1. I found a precision screwdriver that fits tightly in the wick location and made 6 wraps with nichrome 32 gauge wire, leaving about an inch and a half extra on each lead.
2. I fitted the screw driver in place of the wick as I fed the leads through the coil barrel, then pushed the air tube into the barrel to hold the screwdriver in place.
3. Then I routed the wires, replacing the rubber grommet and positive contact pin in the bottom of the coil assembly; clipped off the excess wire once it was in place.
4. Removed the screwdriver and used a multimeter to check the ohms, which resulted in a reading of 1.7 ohms.
5. Placed the coil assembly on an ego twist and turned it all the way down; did a few dry fires to heat the coil glowing red.
6. I then loosely rolled a tiny SS wick about the size of the hole going through the coils, making it into a tube.
7. I then stuck the SS wick on a smaller precision screwdriver and burned some VG on it about 6 or 7 times, rolling the screwdriver as it burned.
8. While the SS wick was still on the screwdriver I gently slid it into the coil.
9. I test fired it a few time on the ego twist and had no hot spots.
10. Squirted a little VG onto the wick and fired it a few time until it dried out.

And that's it. I filled the tank back up with my favorite juice, put it back together and started vaping!

It is hitting great! Nice throat hit and good flavor. It is not very warm, but being a bottom coil that is expected. I have tried it at all settings on the ego twist, from 3.2 to 4.8 volts and had no burnt taste or dry hits even when chain vaping. I find the sweet spot on this is setup for me is about 3.8 volts. I have not had any flooding yet either, but I have only had it going for a couple of hours now so I will follow up on that once I go through a couple of tanks.

Blurgas

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2012
I'm kinda "meh" in regards to the T3
Picked up a T3 and a MiniNova at the same time and the mNova is being used almost exclusively
The T3 has given me weak flavor and gurglings regardless of amount of juice, how snugly it's on the battery, or various tweakings.

Maybe I just got some bad luck with it. It's a nice design, just isn't doing it for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread