Anyone try the new Kanger T3 yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been gone from the forums for a while, just thought I would pop in and see what's new.
I'm still using the T3.
Most of mine come with 2 flavor threads above the coil.
I remove one since I use 40/60 PG/VG juice and still flip the seal upside down.
The only time it gurgles on me, is if I let the juice level get down to the wicks.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
Hey all, I wrote a blog post about how I found my perfect way to rebuild the T3s. If you google "Wrapping a coil that reduces plastic, harsh, metallic, and burnt tastes when vaping a CE style device." it is the first result. I'm also very close to finding a heat proof replacement material for the rubber insulator and silicone seal. I have it narrowed down to two, both work well allowing for as much power as the juice and wick cab handle. I love the T3s now that I found my T3 rebuild style.

Adam78

Jan 14, 2013
Inner Space
Hey all, I wrote a blog post about how I found my perfect way to rebuild the T3s. If you google "Wrapping a coil that reduces plastic, harsh, metallic, and burnt tastes when vaping a CE style device." it is the first result. I'm also very close to finding a heat proof replacement material for the rubber insulator and silicone seal. I have it narrowed down to two, both work well allowing for as much power as the juice and wick cab handle. I love the T3s now that I found my T3 rebuild style.

Hi XtianApi :) I would really like to read your blog post but I'm having 0 luck finding it by pasting that into google. Could you please give me a link?

I'm particularly interested to know more about this..

"very close to finding a heat proof replacement material for the rubber insulator and silicone seal"

do you mean the little white rubber grommet that the battery post slides into. I've split a couple of mine when trying to re-wick/coil my T3 and eVod.

Last edited:

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
Yeah, both the grommet and the silicone seal. Sorry about the bad instructions but my link was down at the time. The link is lifepusher.blogspot.com it is a brand new blog just a few days old and the design of it is not up yet, but there is a lot scheduled for it. It will be migrating to is own domain name. I have some vaper writers who are going to contribute and they are better writers and more experienced than I am. Not just the same stuff. I can't write about the replacement materials until we find what works best, but it is coming along. Sorry if the first article is lame, just something by me to get it started. Thank you for the interest. I'm on twitter to, same name as my ecf.
Hi XtianApi :) I would really like to read your blog post but I'm having 0 luck finding it by pasting that into google. Could you please give me a link?

I'm particularly interested to know more about this..

"very close to finding a heat proof replacement material for the rubber insulator and silicone seal"

do you mean the little white rubber grommet that the battery post slides into. I've split a couple of mine when trying to re-wick/coil my T3 and eVod.

mrelwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Finland, Europe.
Here's the link XtianApi was talking about:
Electronic Cigarettes Explained: Wrapping a coil that reduces plastic, harsh, metallic, and burnt tastes when vaping a CE style device.

The idea is to have more wraps on the coil so that the legs themselves get a smaller percentage of power. Wrapping more coils increases the coil resistance, so a thicker Kanthal will help to keep the resistance from increasing too much. It is a good idea, but I rather go all the way and prevent the legs even warming up. Here's how I twist the NR legs (audio in Finnish only but you'll get the picture):
"Vapeonloid"! Spheroid-setupin teko Vapeonly BCC:hen - YouTube

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
Here's the link XtianApi was talking about:
Electronic Cigarettes Explained: Wrapping a coil that reduces plastic, harsh, metallic, and burnt tastes when vaping a CE style device.

The idea is to have more wraps on the coil so that the legs themselves get a smaller percentage of power. Wrapping more coils increases the coil resistance, so a thicker Kanthal will help to keep the resistance from increasing too much. It is a good idea, but I rather go all the way and prevent the legs even warming up. Here's how I twist the NR legs (audio in Finnish only but you'll get the picture):
"Vapeonloid"! Spheroid-setupin teko Vapeonly BCC:hen - YouTube
Yeah you totally right, and I do use silver wire for the legs when I feel like it but I am trying to get new vapers to start rebuilding a lot sooner. No resistance wire is the next step for sure. I never would have written that except I got such crazy flavor, especially when there is no flavor wick on the top of the coil. This freakin thing tastes close to my hh357. The ten wraps is so smooth, can handle so much power, and seems more stable. It isn't just the legs as you know, spreading the heat out over the wick seems to help. I even tried fourteen or fifteen wraps depending on how you look at it. The coils were lightly touching with no cold coils. Anyway, thanks for the video. I have some people who are gonna write some cool stuff and readers will follow after that, only a few now. You are welcome to write something whenever you want, signed and credited to you of course. Pm me whenever. Oh an I made a variable adjustable wick and coil for use on those wonderful mechanical mods without a kick. Transistors, etc, just gotta shrink it down enough to fit in t3 or something. Thanks

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
I got some MT3's and I'm not crazy about them. The T3 great the 2 mt3's i have tried seem to leak after I fill it in the window between the metal and the plastic kind of weird. I cant see if theres a crack because of the metal. The only other thing is maybe liquid gets pushed into the seem when I put the coil back on. Either way they dont seem as good as the regular T3.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
Bleedin' edge stuff there man. Daunting to follow, but VERY interesting.
Thank you much. My main goal for the future is to welcome writers better than me. And I'll concentrate on answering reader requests via my own knowledge and the knowledge of everyone I know.

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
I got some MT3's and I'm not crazy about them. The T3 great the 2 mt3's i have tried seem to leak after I fill it in the window between the metal and the plastic kind of weird. I cant see if theres a crack because of the metal. The only other thing is maybe liquid gets pushed into the seem when I put the coil back on. Either way they dont seem as good as the regular T3.

Same here, I've given up on metal t3s. The only two I have leak from the windows. I hope this doesn't become a problem in the evods

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
Same here, I've given up on metal t3s. The only two I have leak from the windows. I hope this doesn't become a problem in the evods

Thank you for confirming that for me, I bought 6 in a co op and so far the 2 i have tried leak at the window. I think this effects the performance. I'll stick with the t3's and protank when it comes out.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
I've only got one MT3. It's red, although surely that doesn't make a difference. It works just as well as my other T3s. I haven't any leaking issues at all. I don't use much cinnamon or citrus flavors though. The most "cinnamon-y" thing I've got is Deviled Rat Juice....
And everything has survived that with no issues at all.
:shrug:

Blurgas

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2012
From the article
Since the bottom coil distorts the juice less and a working Kanger T3 has better flavor than the Vivi Nova
I have to disagree with this as I have both a mini Nova and a Kanger T3, and the Nova has consistently offered better flavor, better vapor and has only gurgled when I overfilled it.
My T3 has gurgled even if I've kept the juice away from the wick until I vaped, even after tweaking how tight the base/tank are, and tweaking how snug it is on 3 different batteries.

Either way, that's my personal preference, if someone likes the T3 better, go for it

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
From the articleI have to disagree with this as I have both a mini Nova and a Kanger T3, and the Nova has consistently offered better flavor, better vapor and has only gurgled when I overfilled it.
My T3 has gurgled even if I've kept the juice away from the wick until I vaped, even after tweaking how tight the base/tank are, and tweaking how snug it is on 3 different batteries.

Either way, that's my personal preference, if someone likes the T3 better, go for it
I do agree that on stock heads just put in and vape or with some tweeks, the vivi nova performs better. I've been rebuilding the vivi for a long time .nd the t3 for a little bit. In terms of only flavor I can get the t3 to amazing flavor levels while the vivi will always taste a little muted. Considering I'm making almost the same coil in both maybe the longer distance the vapor has to travel and cool in the t3 helps. I still recommend the vivi to new comers because of its reliable performance and ease of use because the t3 can be a real bit6h. As you said, none of this is fact, it is or own personal tastes

XtianApi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Tucker, Georgia
I do agree that on stock heads just put in and vape or with some tweeks, the vivi nova performs better. I've been rebuilding the vivi for a long time .nd the t3 for a little bit. In terms of only flavor I can get the t3 to amazing flavor levels while the vivi will always taste a little muted. Considering I'm making almost the same coil in both maybe the longer distance the vapor has to travel and cool in the t3 helps. I still recommend the vivi to new comers because of its reliable performance and ease of use because the t3 can be a real bit6h. As you said, none of this is fact, it is or own personal tastes

Compared to the days of cartridges it all rocks

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread